Single Ladies Season 2 Episode 1
Virtual Drag Race Rewind Season 3: Episode 2- Ru's Mad Opening Part 2
2020.10.27 14:00 AustralianChrono Virtual Drag Race Rewind Season 3: Episode 2- Ru's Mad Opening Part 2
"It's Liesel, with an SSSSSSSSS." In walks Liesel Minnelli. Covered in gaudy showgirl drag, heaps of feathers, sequins and jewellery she is the definition of extra.
"I am the fiiiiiiiirst." She sings as she looks around. "I am... not the first?" Liesel Minnelli: "Hello Gorgeous! Oh, it's myself in the mirror." I am Liesel. I know what you are thinking... oh god another theatre Queen. But... I am a singer, actress, broadway starlet.. I am a callback to the classic Queens in our culture with my fabulous drag."
"Oh... She's coming in with a crown already." In walks the radiant Yasmeen Dupree. Glittering in jewels (with a crown on top) this is one stunning Queen, and she's screaming pageant beauty. Yasmeen Dupree: "I am Yasmeen Dupree from the legendary house of Dupree. Unlike my lovely drag daughter, I am not a voguing extraordinaire. I am a proud trans woman of colour who has won MULTIPLE PAGEANTS and I am here to continue the trend of trans excellence winning this competition."
Yasmeen cackles. "Hi there..."
"Love the jewels." Yasmeen smiles.
"As do you. A Queen with a crown..." Lisel ponders. "Looks lovely."
"It's all real." Yasmeen shrugs. "I am a Queen who loves extra."
"Can I have the Business Woman's Special?" Annie Kashaut enters dressed like the literal embodiment of executive realness. "Hiiiya." Annie Kashaut "Hiiiii I am Annie. I am a Queen who describes myself as a fantastic mix between businesswoman- retail, obviously and camp. I am a professional Drag Queen who's biggest weakness is perhaps- getting... distracted... oooh that's a pretty camera."
"Hmm..." Liesel nods. Liesel Minnelli: "Annie... looks a little... pedestrian for my take. You're a Drag Queen, goddammit!"
"Come get your Juice." Looking like a 90s Supermodel at a 10, Juice is the definition of model excellence, with legs for days. Juice: "I'm Juice. I like to describe myself as every gay boy's supermodel crush as a child come to life. Basically Tyra Banks in that doll movie. I'm inspired by fierce fashion and love to pound a runway just as much as I do a stage... along with the tricks and flips to match."
"Diva." Yasmeen smirks. "Giiiirl...."
"Oh, this thang?" Juice laughs.
"Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" Agatha Velvet winks. This is one classic, old Hollywood Queen- she looks like a starlet straight out of 1948.
"Some Classic Queens this season... I am loving it." Yasmeen smiles. Agatha Velvet: "I am Agatha. My main inspirations are old Hollywood starlets, and classic beauties- much like the Queens you'd see in the classic 1968 film The Queen." Agatha winks. "I'm a camp, fun lady who LOVES a prop and a stunt."
"Away Awaaaaaaay!" Lily O’Kalani twirls into the room dressed like a Polynesian Princess Lily O'Kalani: "Hello! I can't believe I am here! I am Lily. What do I do? Who am I? Two words. Pacific Princess. I am a seamstress by trade, and I love to incorporate my culture in my Drag. I am here to stand out and bring positive energy at every moment!"
"Oh, the diversity this season..." Annie twirls around. "It's beautiful!"
"4th Place? Bitch, please." In walks P0yzon. A Supermodel, she is everything C-$alt was last season times 10. P0yzon: "Hello, bitches." P0yzon smiles. "You have just unleashed C-$alt's Drag MOTHER. You thought my baby didn't make it far enough? Time for some REVENGE! I am a fashion model who has designed for Vogue, the Kardashians, and more! I will show that queens of colour can make it far. My talents? Master seamstress, a trained acrobatic dancer who isn't afraid to absolutely slaughter a lip sync, and an insult comic who is ready to avenge C-$alt in snatch game."
"GIIIIIIIRL!" Yasmeen screams! P0yzon: "I'm really excited to see that nasty Queen here. Fuck yes Yasmeen!" Yasmeen: "I'm excited P0yzon is here... but also worried. She's fiesty." YOU'VE GOT RU-MAIL!
The Queens all look around.
"Oh... I think I know what's happening." Agatha smiles. "Split Premiere!"
~ Hello My Queens! Welcome to the season. Last time around, we had 14 amazing Queens... and not everyone got to shine. To make things... a bit clearer, we will be SPLITTING this premiere... 7 Monarch's have already entered the building... and two have already lip-synced. P0zyon: "One less Queen for me to compete against." This week, I'll be throwing you all in the deep end to prove yourself. The 7 of you will host your own Drag Bingo at a Local Club, and create your own signature cocktail to be served alongside this bingo with it. One person will go home... before you even get to meet the other 7. Yamseen: "I am dying for this challenge win. I love to sparkle on stage- this is a shining opportunity for me to put my skills on the judges radar."
As they get ready, Yasmeen chats with P0yzon.
"It has... been... yeaaaaaars... since I saw you Miss P0yzon. How have you been?" Yasmeen smiles.
"Well, beyond starting one the best hauses in the drag world..." P0yzon smirks. "We're making our way through the LA scene."
"Sickening." Yasmeen smiles.
"I miss those years in Dallas though..." P0yzon laughs. "Running through the bars..."
"Stealing those damn shoes from the Chanel." Yasmeen cackles.
"Oh god..." P0yzon shakes her head. "Jesus. How did we do that."
"Some... little bitch boy said we could never give glamour." Yasmeen nods. "So... we proved him wrong by stealing it. I felt so bad..."
"Eh." P0yzon laughs.
"Thank God I returned those shoes after they were used. Dropped them off the front door with a note." Yasmeen smiles.
"You dropped them back?!"
"I only borrowed. Made my point... then... I was good. Didn't LOOK at a pair of Chanel shoes again until I could afford it. Then... bought one of my own. With my own money..." Yasmeen smiles. "One of the best days of my life."
"Eh." P0yzon shrugs. "It was alright..." She laughs.
"Biiiitch..." Yasmeen laughs.
The Monarch's present their Signature Drinks and Host:
- Liesel Minnelli: The Cabaret Colada
- Yasmeen Dupree: Yasmeen's Yellowjacket Extravagance
- Annie Kashaut: The Business Lady's Special
- Juice: Tom and Juicy
- Agatha Velvet: Ms Velvet's Manhattan
- Lily O'Kalani: Malibu's Shining Booze
- P0yzon: Poisonous... The Deadly Drink
~ My Brunch Queens, You did lovely... and your drinks... delicious. P0yzon... you are the Top Toot of the Week.
"You other bitches better watch out." P0yzon smirks. Multiple Queens roll their eyes. Lily O'Kalani, you are safe... but you can watch the show. Lily: "Oh thank Goodness. This is something out of my comfort zone, so to have this- oh it is a blessing in disguise." Annie Kashaut, Liesel Minnelli, Yasmeen Dupree... the three of you showed us high calibre drag today. Yasmeen: "I feel shined upon today. Oh, thank you lord for getting me in the Top 3!" Yasmeen, you are safe. Annie Kashaut, this week you served us a good Business Woman's Special. We drank it up. Condragulations, you are this weeks winner! Annie: "My dear lord! I- I ugh I didn't expect this. I was worried I'd just be seen as some ditzy, pedestrian drag Queen- but I won my first episode of DRAG RACE!" Liesel... well done. You are safe. Liesel: "It's crazy as someone who has a distinguished career to see a part time drag Queen win against her.. I already know- this will be one crazy season." Unfortunately, this means P0yzon, Juice and Agatha Velvet.. you are the bottom 3 of the week.
P0yzon is siiiiimmmmering. Agatha Velvet: "It's a bit concerning being the bottom here. I just look inside myself, and hope for the best." Agatha Velvet, You are... Safe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKXSh14svlQ This Means that P0yzon and Juice you are the bottom two of this week. Both of you will be Lip Syncing to Motivation, by Normani. Good Luck, and do not... fuuuuck it up. P0yzon: "I am PISSED. I am a legendary Queen. I do NOT go home my first episode. This is fucked. I am going to destroy this Juice... irrelevant." Juice: "P0yzon's energy is just toooooo much for week one. I am cool, calm and collected and for this song- that is all you need. I will show, and not tell- Unlike Miss P0yzon. I have never felt more ready."
P0yzon is fierce, and boy, can she dance. She hits the moves, serves the sexy, and it a helluva lot of fun. But Juice... Juice IS Normani. The moves, the attitude, the booty- Juice is serving every single element of it. It's... phonemenal. Juice, Shantay you stay. Yasmeen: "Woah. I... did not see this coming. P0yzon out first? My gosh, ya'll ain't playing this season!"
"Thank you, judges. I am happy to have the opportunity to be here another day." Juice grins. P0yzon, Sashay Away....
"I am NOT a first out." P0yzon stomps off. Agatha Velvet: "She says she isn't a first out... but.... the reality... Bye!" Now my Queens... This what disappointing, but... sometimes, life is. Now. Let's move on... but... Be Prepared... because the other 7 Contestants are in the Werkroom... right.... NOW.
submitted by AustralianChrono
to RPDRfantasyseason [link] [comments]
2020.10.27 00:46 adam5gs TRULY RANDOM RACE SEASON 8 EPISODE 4 LIPSYNC
Ladies, welcome back to the mainstage. After your Michelle Visage Roast performances, I've made some decisions. When I call your name please step forward. A'keria C. Davenport Kim Chi Scaredy Kat Juice Boxx Shea Coulee Kandy Ho
You all represent the tops and bottoms of the weeks.
That means Ilona Verley, Jade, and Laila McQueen
you are all safe. . A'keria C. Davenport
Another great week of showmanship and personality from you. Even though you didn't have the best written jokes, you really sold the hell out of it.
. Juice Boxx
Welcome to your first critique, Juice Boxx. Unfortunately, we don't have too much positive to say. You're very cute but the roast was a real bomb. You didn't land a single joke and didn't seem confident doing your performance.
. Shea Coulee
This was yet another strong performance from you. You're a standout in every way and you sold us with your jokes, your attitude, and your personality.
. Kandy Ho
You seem to be struggling every week and this week was no exception. You had a good attitude in your roast and you landed one joke but you were so entirely forgettable. Kandy Who?
. Kim Chi
For the second week in a row you really slayed the challenge. You were ruthless in your jokes but the way you presented it made us all in on the joke and laughing with you.
. Scaredy Kat
This is your first time on the stage for critiques as well, and much like Juice Boxx you didn't deliver. You seemed really unsure of yourself and lacked the stage presence of the other queens.
Ladies. I have made my decisions. Shea Coulee
You're safe. Kim Chi
boom. Roasted. Condragulations you're the winner of this week's challenge. A'keria C. Davenport,
Good job this week. You're safe. Scaredy Kat
you just shit yourself. I'm sorry my dear but you are up for elimination. Juice Boxx
you're stuck. I'm sorry my dear but you are up for elimination.
That means Kandy Ho
you are safe.
Two queens stand before me, Juice Boxx, Scaredy Kat
Prior to tonight you were both asked to prepare a lipsync to I Was Gonna Cancel by Kylie Minogue
This is your last chance to impress me and save yourself from elimination. The time has come for you to LIPSYNC FOR YOUR LIFE. Good luck and don't fuck it up!
submitted by adam5gs
to RPDRfantasyseason [link] [comments]
2020.10.26 14:44 Claytemple_Media [Review] The Beginning Place by Ursula K. Le Guin
(The following review is a transcription from audio)
Recap The Beginning Place
is a cross-over story. That is, the story begins in our world and our principal characters are from our world – they’re people like us, but they are going to cross over into another world.
Before we get to that world and the adventures to be had there, we need to meet our characters. And The Beginning Place
is principally a character study – it’s richness and beauty lies in exploring these characters – these very mundane characters – more than in exploring the fantasy world.
In our first chapter we meet Hugh Rogers: twenty years old, lives with his mother on the outskirts of a small American city, and works as a cashier at a grocery store. But this is not the life that Hugh wants. He dreams of going to college and becoming a librarian, but that’s not possible because his mother is opposed to it. And we quickly learn that although at first glance Hugh seems like a case of failure to launch, the reality is that he is stuck in place because his mother won’t let go of him – she’s emotionally dependent on him. Hugh’s father left her when Hugh was a child, and she’s never recovered from that abandonment and she needs Hugh with her. And it’s a creepy and intense need – she demands that Hugh be home at night, which is why he can’t go to night school and become a librarian, and she criticizes any attempt he makes to be independent or even have an identity through a hobby or friends. Hugh’s mother is a heartbreaking character – she deserves our pity, and she needs … something in her life. She has moved her and Hugh around a lot, sometimes more than once a year, as she transfers jobs within the banking corporation she works for. And this constant displacement has clearly taken a toll on Hugh, who perhaps doesn’t even know how to make friends – it seems that his only friends are books, and that’s why he wants to be a librarian. But this is a clear indication that Hugh’s mother is afraid of stopping, of having to pause and confront herself. But as they’ve been in this community for a while, Hugh’s mother has actually begun to make friends herself and is spending more and more time getting into spiritualism with some co-workers – she’s going to seances and investigating her past life as an Egyptian priestess. In short, she’s found a new way to escape her reality, which is going to be the theme of this book.
Hugh, as well, is yearning for an escape. He daydreams a lot – about becoming a librarian, but also about buying a car. He doesn’t really need the money that he makes at the grocery store and while he doesn’t need a car, either, since he walks to work, he daydreams about the ability to drive around wherever he wants and even to live downtown and drive to work. These fantasies are non-specific – they aren’t about getting a car or getting a new job, they’re about freedom, they’re about escape.
One night Hugh’s mother goes out to one of her seances, leaving Hugh home alone to cook a frozen dinner and just sit without purpose. This is too much for Hugh. He has a panic attack and he runs out of the house. As with any Le Guin book, there is tremendous pleasure in the beauty of her prose, and so I just want to read this passage about Hugh’s panic attack, which is the inciting incident of the story.
“He got up again suddenly, dropping the bag of peanuts he had just opened. It was too much, the elephant feeding itself peanuts. He could feel his mouth hanging open, because he could not seem to get air into his lungs. His throat was closed off by something in it trying to get out. He stood there beside the armchair, his body trembling in a jerky way, and the thing in his throat came out in words. “I can’t, I can’t,” it said loudly.”
“Very frightened, in panic, he made for the front door, wrenched it open, got out of the house before the thing could go on talking. The hot, late sunlight glared on white rocks, carports, cars, walls, swings, television aerials. He stood there trembling, his jaw working: the thing was trying to force his jaw open and speak again. He broke and ran.”
“Right down Oak Valley Road, left onto Pine View Place, right again, he did not know, he could not read the signs. He did not run often or easily. His feet hit the ground hard, in heavy shocks. Cars, carports, houses blurred to a bright pounding blindness which, as he ran on, reddened and darkened. Words behind his eyes said “You are running out of daylight.” Air came acid into his throat and lungs, burning, his breath made the noise of tearing paper. The darkness thickened like blood. The jolt of his gait grew harder yet, he was running down, downhill. He tried to hold back, to slow down, feeling the world slide and crumble under his feet, a multiple lithe touch brush across his face. He saw or smelled leaves, dark leaves, branches, dirt, earth, leafmold, and through the hammer of his heart and breath heard a loud continual music. He took a few shaky, shuffling steps, went forward onto hands and knees, and then down, belly down full length on earth and rock at the edge of running water.”
I love this description of a panic attack, of the need to run away, the inability to read, the jumbling up of Hugh’s senses. When Hugh gets up from the edge of this stream it feels like waking up. He is in a beautiful place – a quiet place that feels good and free. He spends some time here before calming down and returning home. And he’s quite worried that his mother will have gotten home before him … but she hasn’t, and in fact no time at all passed while he was in this beautiful place. And of course we’re an audience who’s been here before, and so we know that Hugh has crossed over into another world, another realm where time behaves differently. Hugh eventually figures this out for himself, and he begins to go there every day, and eventually even takes to camping there, as he realizes that since time doesn’t seem to happen there he can live a double life: he can continue to meet his obligations to his mother and to his job and also have his escape, his freedom. But this chapter ends with Hugh returning to this place to find that something has changed. Someone has posted a sign that says “Keep Out.”
So, that’s Hugh Rogers, but he’s not our only principal character. Let’s meet Irene Pannis, now. Irene – or really, Irena, is what she goes by – is similarly disconnected from her world and yearns for someplace better. She is about the same age as Hugh, but she has a city job and a car and she doesn’t with her family, though she does live with roommates – a romantic couple who are in the process of breaking up. We’ve all been in a bad roommate situation, but this specific situation sounds terrible, and of course there is nothing Irena can do to stay out of the break-up, and the man even tries to play on her sympathies and get her to sleep with him, and even though she doesn’t fall for that, the woman accuses her of doing it anyway, and Irena just has to make a break. But this is really only the surface of her story.
Irena also feels stuck and trapped. Her father died when she was a young child and her other sibling, a brother, still an infant. There’s a parallel here with Hugh’s mother, of course, but Irena’s mother remarried and had a brood of children with her new husband. This guy is shiftless and does very little to provide for the family, but worse than that he’s physically abusive to Irena’s mother, and as Irena becomes an adult he even tries to have sex with her. Irena has moved out to escape this particular situation but at the same time she feels she has to stay close in order to protect her mother and her younger half-siblings.
Irena, too, is connected to the other world, and indeed she’s been visiting this place for several years and knows much more about it than Hugh does – or ever will. And it is through Irena’s story that we learn about this other world, so let’s turn our attention there now.
Time is different here, as we’ve already encountered, and indeed it is always twilight – though whether that is dawn or dusk is not clear. And while Hugh experiences this other world as a serene wilderness, there are people here and Irena knows them – has known them for years and even has an adoptive family here. There is a small town that she thinks of as Mountain Town where people are shepherds and they speak a strange but lyrical language that she has learned – though imperfectly. The town has two leaders. One of these Lord Horn, whom Irena thinks of as the aristocratic owner of this town – she envisions here a sort of high-medieval manorial system. And the other is Master Sark who is perhaps the mayor of the town but also seems to function as a kind of lore-master, and may have some religious function in the town.
Now, the relationship between Lord Horn and Master Sark isn’t explained or explored, and in some ways this is strange for Le Guin, who so often prioritizes social systems in her world-building, but this move works for me. For one, Irena isn’t equipped to understand this herself because of the language and other cultural barriers, and we never leave the head of Hugh and Irena in this book. But also this is something of a fairy story – and these people may even be fairies for all we know. This world needs to be mysterious and strange and even a little dangerous. And while this relationship – the political system – isn’t explored, we see these people at work and learn something of their lives, including how they deal with sleep and times of day in a world that is perpetually twilight, and this is all excellent.
This world is an escape for both Hugh and Irena, but while for Hugh it is an escape of seclusion – an escape from the clutches of his desperate mother; for Irena it is an escape from loneliness and the unwanted sexual advances of men. She has a family here – the couple who run the town’s inn. But she also has a relationship with Master Sark, with whom she is in love – though this love is not reciprocated. Indeed, this love, too, is something of a fantasy, a daydream, and it is going to be shattered shortly.
Of course Irena is protective of this world – it’s her world, she’s the only one with access to it. And so when she sees Hugh’s camping gear at the entrance – the beginning place – she posts that “Keep Out” sign. Their first encounter doesn’t go well, but Hugh is determined not to lose this place himself and they come to an arrangement. On top of this, the magical gate that leads here is behaving inconsistently. Hugh never has any trouble getting in, but he’s actually had some trouble getting out. The opposite is true for Irena – she can always leave, but getting back in has become increasingly difficult.
There are other changes as well. The people of Mountain Town are now trapped there and isolated. Although we never see other communities in this world, Irena knows that they exist and that Mountain Town depends on trade to survive – their a single-commodity agricultural community. But the road north that leads to those other communities is unpassable – not because of a rock slide or some other natural obstacle, but because of a mystical fear that causes any of the natives of this realm to collapse if they pass outside of the town limits. This is not the first time this has happened, either, and Master Sark seems to know what is going on but he won’t tell Irena what it is.
Hugh eventually makes his way to Mountain Town and Master Sark and Lord Horn believe that he is the solution to the problem. Irena is upset that her specialness here has been upstaged by the arrival of Hugh, but the people of Mountain Town need her to translate. And Hugh has fallen in love with the daughter of Lord Horn, and this is how Irena comes to realize that Master Sark has romantic designs on that same daughter – not for love, but because he wants to become Lord. And this smashes the magic for Irena. She had thought that she had found a place full of love and community, but it turns out that worldliness – greed and ambition and lust are present here, too, after all. And this gets worse when Hugh is sent off on a heroic adventure to solve the problem and Irena realizes that the people of Mountain Town new this problem would come and that they would need an outsider to solve it, and that they had been grooming her for this role.
But despite this feeling of betrayal, Irena decides to go with Hugh to help him – he doesn’t know how to get to the top of the mountain, where he has to do his heroism. And Hugh also doesn’t know what that heroism will be, but they’ve sent him off with a sword – and he’s a ridiculous figure with it. As they reach the top of the mountain they hear a horrible sound of some monster. Hugh discovers a giant rock with chains fixed to it, and he wonders what that is all about – and I’ll have more on that later. But the two of them soon see the monster, which Irena comes to think of as a dragon, and Le Guin deploys some awesome weird-fiction writing here when she describes this dragon, so I’m going to read a passage of it.
“The cold breath sighed out of the cave, and from the cold dark, wakened, came the huge voice, the gobbling howl. And the face that was no face, slit and eyeless, was lunging out, thrusting blind and white, groping down upon him.”
And they succeed. Hugh slays the dragon, but Irena is a help here, she is more than just a guide. For one, Hugh wanted to go into the dragon’s lair, but Irena was clever enough to draw the dragon out – this, I think, is wrapped up with the chains, so more on this later. More urgently, the dragon falls on Hugh and breaks his ribs, and Irena has to get him out from under it and then get them home.
And much of the book is devoted to their journey down the mountain. They don’t ever return to Mountain Town, so they don’t even really know if they’ve succeeded in helping the people there, but Hugh needs serious medical attention and so they have to get to the gate, and it is a difficult journey bushwhacking through the wilderness. And I have to say that this section reads a lot like Sam and Frodo walking through Mordor, and I really loved it. Along the way, Hugh and Irena fall in love.
When they escape and Hugh is taken to the hospital they make plans to live together and to be a romantic couple. And we are left with the understanding that although there was some magic at work in bringing them to Mountain Town to defeat this dragon, the real magic is that these two lonely and frightened people have found a way to live in this world, in our world – they’ve found something beautiful here among all of the petty and vile uglinesses of their lives.
Themes and Motifs
This is a rich book with several overlapping themes, and one that I emphasized in the recap is “escape and freedom” but in this section I want to focus on two different themes. The first is time, and in part I want to look at what Le Guin does here because I’ve just also done The Memory of Whiteness by Kim Stanley Robinson, in which time is a central theme of the story.
But in this book Le Guin is not interested in the philosophy and physics of time. Rather, she’s interested in how we interact with time, and she does this by contrasting our world with the twilight world. We see early on that time is something that oppresses Hugh – that he is trapped by the rhythm of his mother’s daily routine. She has precise daily habits and she has demands for what Hugh should be doing during those times, and of course he has his shifts at work, and so Hugh has no control over his own time. And, really, we might even say that the freedom Hugh finds in the other world is a freedom from time because the real world pauses for him while he’s there but also because there is no change in the other world. There’s a wonderful passage in which Hugh expresses this.
“When he came to a third big creek he stopped to have a swim, and after swimming decided to call it a day. He liked the phrase. It was perfectly accurate. He could take any piece of time he liked and call it a day; another span and call it a night, and sleep it through. He had never (he thought, sitting by the coals of his brushwood fire on the shore of the creek) experienced time before. He had let the clocks do it for him. Clocks were what kept thinks going, there on the other side; business hours, traffic lights, plane schedules, lovers’ meetings, summit meetings, world wars, there was no carrying on without clocks; all the same, clock time had about the same relation to unclock time as a two-by-four or a box of toothpicks has to a fir tree. Here there was no use asking, “What time is it?’ because there was nothing to answer for you, no sun saying “Noon” and no clock saying “Seven-thirty-eight and forty-two seconds.” You had to answer the question yourself and the answer was “Now.”
This is a gorgeous passage and it expresses the dream that we all have: to get rid of our stressors and external demands and just live in the now.
But there is a dark side to the physics – or maybe I should say metaphysics – of the other world. Time is how we mark change. Indeed, as we saw in the previous episode time is change – that’s how we know it’s happening. But the inhabitants of Mountain Town live in this perpetual twilight and there doesn’t seem to be weather and it’s not clear if there are seasons. We know that people are born and that they die and the Master seems to have access to historical records, but there is a sort of permanence to the structures and institutions of the community – and this is something of a trope in fantasy novels, of course. And while there’s a certain peace that can come from this, there is also a loss of now when all nows are essentially the same. Indeed, this works in Hugh’s favor because he experiences this as a change; but this world is bereft of the type of natural change that we experience. And it seems to me that the dragon itself seems like the price that people pay for this. We know that it – or something akin to it – appears sometimes, though not very often, and that it brings with it a crisis that has to be solved by outsiders. And I think we can see this as a metaphor for change imposing itself on this world that has otherwise escaped it.
Thinking about the dragon can lead us into the second theme I want to talk about which is genre expectations, and I think this is where the book really shines. The Beginning Place exists at the intersection of Fairy Tales and the Hero’s Journey – these are classic story genres that have existed for centuries and changed along with them, but they are also staples of the fantasy genre as a modern publishing category. The plot of the story really is a simplified – maybe a streamlined – hero’s journey, and we can break that down.
It begins with the our hero – in this case it’s Hugh – living his mundane life and then receiving a revelation. Early in the story Hugh acquires mystical wisdom, both in the form of learning about the other world through is own experiments and in learning about himself as he takes more and more decisive action. He gathers allies – in this case one ally in the form of Irena, who has special knowledge about this place and is instrumental in resolving the plot. And he receives the call to action from the townspeople, though he doesn’t understand what the object of that action is or how to resolve the conflict. Hugh even vacillates – though Irena does more so – and this is the classic resisting the call to action. In the end he accomplishes his task in large part because of his ally and his new wisdom about himself. And that’s a hero’s journey.
But Le Guin defies our expectations – the expectations that we have for how this will work in a modern fantasy story. The story has three acts, as they so often do, but Le Guin plays with the breaks between these acts. In most of our hero’s journeys the call to action comes early in the story, at the break between the first and second act. We can look at Luke Skywalker for here – there’s the call to action in Ben Kenobi’s hut, which he resists until he discovers that his family has been killed, and then he answers the call. And this is the break between the first and second acts. After this, the hero encounters setbacks and obstacles, and overcoming one of these will typically be the break between acts two and three.
But in The Beginning Place
, the call to action only happens at the end of the book – it’s the break between the second and third acts. In fact, we could almost say that the hero’s journey takes place entirely in the third act – and this really defies our expectations and I think can make some readers uncomfortable – we’ll talk more about that in the next segment. On top of this, Hugh and Irena never complete the journey – at least in some sense. The hero’s journey requires a return, but they decide not to go back to Mountain Town and receive their hero’s welcome, and this also denies us the clear indication that they’ve actually accomplished the heroic task. We never see the result of slaying the dragon – and for all we know that wasn’t what the people wanted and they’ve all died because Hugh and Irena left (though I don’t actually think that’s the case).
Instead, the hero’s return in this story is really their return to the real world and their decision to live in it, to let go of their obligations to people who won’t even accept their help. And this happens because although we’ve gotten this hero’s journey at the end, Le Guin has actually been telling us a fairy story the entire time. The classic fairy story is about a person crossing over into this magical realm and being changed by experiences there and then returning to the real world to live out their days. That’s what we find in the earliest expressions of this form in the Middle Ages and it’s what Le Guin gives us here. The hero’s journey is only a story within the fairy story, it’s the catalyst for the last stage of Hugh’s and Irena’s change – it’s the catalyst for their love, and so what happens to Mountain Town doesn’t matter.
I don’t see this is a failure or a trick. I don’t think Le Guin is trying to hide this from us. I think she wants us to be thinking about stories and how they affect our lives. There’s a reason Hugh wants to be a librarian – it’s so we’ll be thinking about books. And what we learn here is that we don’t always need to overcome obstacles to find ourselves as much as we need to step outside of ourselves to do that. Ultimately, Le Guin playfully subverts the expectations of a fairy story by transforming the mystical experience of fairy into the perfectly mundane experience of meeting another person there – another person from our world, realizing that you aren’t alone, that there are others like you. And I think this is a beautiful story for these characters.
Strengths and Weaknesses
I loved the way that Le Guin played with Genre Expectations and I think this is a great segue into our strengths and weaknesses segment. The characters – I mean here Irena and Hugh – are also a real strength, though I won’t say any more about them since I’ve done that in the recap segment. Perhaps the biggest strength of The Beginning Place
, though, is Le Guin’s prose. I’ve offered some examples already but I want to read two descriptive passages to give a sample of what I love most about this book. The first is a wilderness description – and I’m a sucker for nature writing:
“The path turned, and climbed, and turned, under the dark firs, under the rock faces. They went round a corner that jutted out over immense, dim, dropping forests, and saw all the evening land beneath them darkening into the distant west. They did not pause but went on, entering under trees, into leaf and branch, into the mountain, under rock. To the right the walls of the summit buckled, overhanging. The trees among the scarred crags and boulders grew short and sere. There was rock underfoot now, and the path went level.”
Mountaineering is my primary hobby and I’ve spent a lot of days and nights out in the wilderness and this passage, this description, feels right to me, it feels true.
The second passage is a description of the Master’s Hall. I suppose I’m also a sucker for a good room description, too:
“This was the center of it all, this high room. Facing the long wall of paneled oak were twelve high, leaded windows looking out upon the terraced garden. The sparse furniture was carved oak, the carpets of local weave, crimson, orange, and brown, warming the room even when the candles were not lit and there was only the clear constant twilight from the windows. In each end wall was a huge stone chimney-piece, and on each of these, high over the wide hearth and the mantel, hung a portrait: a stiff, melancholy lady stared with round black eyes down the length of the room at her lord, who concealed the hand of a crippled right arm inside his coat and scowled blackly back at her.”
I don’t know about you, but I can feel myself in this room – when I read this, I feel like I am in this hall, like I’ve been there before – it just comes alive for me. And it’s this sort of feeling that I get in both these passages and throughout the book that is one of my primary values – it’s one of the primary things I go to speculative fiction for. And Le Guin is a master of it – it’s just a magically written book.
I love this book as it is – I wouldn’t want to change anything about it. But that feels a bit like a cop-out – especially since I said the same thing about The Memory of Whiteness
, so I’ll address some weakness that others have pointed to.
I understand that many readers regard this as one of Le Guin’s worst books, perhaps her only “bad” book, and just glancing at reviews on Goodreads and Amazon, I saw two chief complaints. The first is that the writing is confusing. I disagree, though I understand where this claim comes from. The opening paragraph of the book is actually confusing – we jump right into the point-of-view of Hugh as he’s working his cash register and the machine he’s using and the nature of the commercial transactions are antiquated from the perspective of us now that we’re living in the digital age, and I’ll admit that it took me a second read of this paragraph to situate myself. But after this, the writing is all crystal clear. At the same time, it is rich and thick and therefore demanding. This isn’t a book you can skim – it’s not a beach read. Every sentence is important and there’s little dialogue – almost no moments of characters explaining the plot to each other which is so often a staple of fantasy literature.
The other criticism that I saw was that nothing much happens and the world isn’t fully developed. This is certainly true, though I think I’ve already addressed how Le Guin is rather brilliantly playing with our genre expectations. But I will agree that the world isn’t developed the way that Le Guin is famous for doing, and that can certainly be disappointing. I, too, would like to know more about this world, about the communities beyond Mountain Town. And I’d like to know about the relationship between this world and our own. In the end, I still think this is a masterpiece, even if it doesn’t deliver this. But I’d love to know what you think about these critiques – what’s your assessment of this book.
There’s an unresolved element in this novel – a real mystery – and I’d love to know what you think is going on. When Hugh and Irena reach the top of the mountain, Hugh wanders off by himself for a moment and he finds a pair of chains on a boulder. Hugh never tells Irena about this – indeed, he actively hides their existence from her. My understanding of this is that Hugh doesn’t necessarily have to slay the dragon – and it may not even be the case that he’s supposed to try. What he’s supposed to do is offer Irena as a sacrifice to the dragon who will then leave the townspeople alone for a generation. But I’d love to know what you think about this detail.
On top of that, there is the business with the cave. Irena stops Hugh from going into the cave, and the description of the cave from Hugh’s perspective suggests that it is having a sort of Nazgul fear effect on him. Instead, she calls the dragon out of its cave and Hugh slays it. But here I wonder what would have happened if Hugh had gone into the cave. Would he have died and would this have satiated the dragon? I guess what I’m interested in here is the metaphysics of the dragon and the fear that is choking Mountain Town – how does this other world work?
Thanks for reading! And special thanks for talking with me about this book I love so much! This review was transcribed from an episode of Atoz: A Speculative Fiction Book Club Podcast. If you're interested, you can check it (and other episodes) out here: Apple Spotify Amazon Website
submitted by Claytemple_Media
to Fantasy [link] [comments]
2020.10.26 09:31 Grotesquette Episode 7, "Grand Finale" [POLL]
The queens walk back into the werk room as tense music plays.
The girls look at the red words on the mirror, written in lipstick. They read, "Guess filming is over now, Ill see you at the reunion or not depends on how quickly they find Don's burning body! #BelieveTheFantasy"
The girls all laugh at these words. "Believe in the fantasy girls!" Swish cackles.
"Belieeeeeve in the fantaaaasyyyyy" the other contestants echo.
Talking Head: u/ShashaShtan
, "I still don't fucking know why BQ was so obsessed with that fantasy thing. Girl bye!"
"I'm really gonna miss her." Micro sighs. "We were both contestants on the lost season and we were so excited for season six. I'm not sure that this season went the way either of us thought it would."
"Bye BQ, we love youuuuuu" Shasha croons as she sprays and wipes the mirror clean.
"Well, in an unexpected, and may I add, unfortunate turn of events, Swish snatched her second win!" Pedro laughs. The girls clap for Swish, who flips her hair and licks the top row of her teeth.
"I think I'm the first returning queen on SDRDR to make it to top four. That's kind of legendary me thinketh..."
Micro rolls her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, we get it. Feel your oats, but for the love of God PLEASE leave us out of it."
"I can't believe we're already at top four!" Pedro exclaims. "This is a really diverse top four, and we're all really good at what we do. It's really anyone's game at this point. Wow... It feels like yesterday that we were filming the promo."
"For real..." Swish sighs. "I honestly didn't expect you to do as well as you did Pedro. After the first episode I thought you were next on the chopping block. But you fooled me once bitch, and I won't let it happen again!"
Talking Head: u/Micronesiarain
, "I came into this season the Regina George of Grot's Prepatory Academy for Coke Whores. When I saw Pedro in the corner, dressed like Ugly Betty, I laughed but I didn't think much else of her. I knew I was the apex predator. But throughout this competition, certain things have caused me to question that. Who amongst us is really... The apex predator?"
The camera zooms in on Shasha who is filming a Tik Tok dance, then Swish who is arguing with one of the camera men about whether Gigi should’ve won the rusical or not, and then Pedro who slams her face into a pie for some reason.
Talking Head: u/Micronesiarain
, “Yeeaaaaahhhh nevermind. It’s definitely me.”
SPOILED DRAG RACE DRAG RACE
NO SPECIAL GUEST. TONIGHT, IT'S JUST FAMILY!
The dolls enter the werk room. “Little boy from South Africa. Meant for more, top four!!!” Swish laughs and twirls while the others walk behind him.
“Glad to see Swish is so chipper early in the morning” Micro groans. “I just need someone to throw a steaming hot coffee in my face and then my day will be even more perfect.”
“I don’t get it.” Swish says, staring blankly at Micro. “Why would you want someone to throw a steaming hot coffee in your face? Isn’t that kind of weird?”
“Swish I’m being sarc- you know what? Forget it.” Micro laughs, shaking her head.
“Was anyone expecting this top 4?” Pedro asks.
“Nope” Micro replies. “I knew I’d be here of course, but I really thought u/Starrrupt
would be here with us.”
“Yeah…” Shasha sighs. “They were both killing it before they left. I’m sad that they got eliminated, but also not THAT sad.”
V.O. YOU'VE GOT MOD MAIL!
"Well you've mad it all the way to the end! My sickening top 4. u/Micronesiarain
, and u/Swish_17
, you've mad it to the end! And I'm so proud of you. However, much more awaits. Sometimes when the haters attack, you need to CLAT back! That's right, you'll be writing original verses and performing to the iconic track, CLAT from local ghost town known as NYC! And tonight on the runway, the category is... Best drag! You're at the finish line so don't fuck it up or whatever! tongue pop
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Lights... Cameras.... Action!!! u/Grotesquette
struts the runway u/Grotesquette
: Welcome to the mainstage of SDRDR Season 6! Tonight it's just family! u/KingKabs
, are you ready to crown our next queen? u/KingKabs
: I've been ready. We've all BEEN ready. This episode was SO fucking late and- u/Grotesquette
: Hahaha yes girl! u/Spencerietta
, which letter are you in the CLAT acronym? u/Spencerietta
: The T! For Trichomoniasis! I have it right now. :) u/Grotesquette
: Fascinating! And u/-_-whodat
, which queen are you rooting for? u/-_-whodat
: Myself. On All Stars 4. Please? PLEASE?! u/Grotesquette
: Maybe! Tonight, I challenged my girls to write their own verses to the track, CLAT! And tonight on the runway they'll be showing their best drag! Ladies and gentlemen start your engines. And may the best woman... WIN!!!
Club, Legend, Art, Theater Club, Legend, Art We are New York u/StrawPedro
Sip on this Straw, no? Saliva bitch, relax your throat
Don't be pretty, be CLOWN SNATCHING. THIS. CROWN!
All of them are 1's, I'm at a 10
I'm on a streak o'HIGHs and you're like "Bitch, AGAIN?!"
You name it, they've bombed it You've lost it, I've made it
You think I'm FILLER Well You've been DECIMATED
P-Pe-Pedro are you Five Spice? (Cuz I'm Asian?) Pe-Pedro why you so polite? (I'm Canadian!)
Pe-Pedro how you stay cruising so high Makin' all these bitches quit it without bidding you goodbye?!
Chinese queen, Seder-LIN Chairman She, she's the tea
Spilt all over the runway, bag my WINs And I DID find looks from the Pinterest, sweets! New York, New York, New York, New York We are (Club) We are (Legend) We are (Art, Art) We are (Theater) We own everything, we are New York Ooh Club, Legend, Art, Theater u/ShashaShtan
I'm a slag, you're a slag, legs wide apart
condoms are a concept, Tear it apart
Pregnancy fright, a custody fight
Call up mothafuckin slim, get my ass ate tonight
ShaSha, Bri’Ish supreme Don’t need validation,
One crown’s all I need For the persucution, of the ones who choose to Hit me with a “meh”,
You saw me kill it, boo Read me? You won’t recover
Mediocre bitch? I’m an alt destroyer
I’d rather be nice, but I’ll Bonk you pronto Do I smell a little bitch? Silly me, hey it’s micro!
Tik-Tok, Renegade Master Brian are you mad I made ruppi come faster?
HA Just kidding, he was never worthy Crown a winner quick ‘fore kabbles is 30 New York, New York, New York, New York We are (Club) We are (Legend) We are (Art, Art) We are (Theater) We own everything, we are New York Ooh Club, Legend, Art, Theater u/Micronesiarain
Ready, set, time to run
My heels are on, it's go time cunts
A smart bitch knows not to fight with Kabs
It gets so hard when he’s throwing jabs
Wuhan, dental hygiene too
Iconic moments come from you
Bitches dodged blame, I left the page
Still looking real cunt when I hit the stage
Micronesia, queen of drama
Call me old, I’m still your mama
“Juju bitch”, that’s my name
Slay the season, that’s my game
Bitches desperate for online fame
I’m a savage bitch, I’ll take the aim
Needed a new start Don’t like half of you
Disqualified? That’s my queue! New York, New York, New York, New York We are (Club) We are (Legend) We are (Art, Art) We are (Theater) We own everything, we are New York Ooh Club, Legend, Art, Theater u/Swish_17
I'm a God, and these bitches will pray
who gave swishy the permission to slay?
revenge like taxes, you bottom bitches will pay,
I win and I quit, and I thrive either way!
I’m snatching these wins, while whores catching highs
i’m eating this rap, why you surprised?
had to leave for bitches, to get to my size
But I’m still gonna win so yall deaf bitches can rise!
I’m taking this crown, and that’s on Periot boo
you’re always on the bottom like your name’s BQ
went from Abby to Adam ,and I snatched that win
playing these girls like a mother fucken violin
This rap my throne, so don’t touch it,
call me a clown, when this clown is running shit,
call McDonald’s cause you bitches are loving it.
Lemme snatch my crown cuz it’s officially over with! New York, New York, New York, New York We are (Club) We are (Legend) We are (Art, Art) We are (Theater) We own everything, we are New York Ooh Club, Legend, Art, Theater New York, New York, New York New York, we are New York Ohh, we are, we are, we are We are who we are We are, yeah
"First up, u/Micronesiarain
!" This journey has been nothing short of transformative for me. So it’s only fitting that I walk this runway one last time as a fully realized version of who I am. The pressure of this competition has turned me into a diamond, and I’m ready to shine.
!" For My final runway, I wanted to do something that really highlighted my run. But grot said no more Sharpays, so here I am in my full queen of england Fantasyyy. I feel royal, regal and RICH BITCH.
"Next up, u/StrawPedro
!" I know my runways have not always been the strongest but tonight I'm pulling out all the stops. THIS is the essence of Strawpedro. I entered the competition in a can, but now, I am a fully realized glamazon in the form of a dragon made of water, unleashed from the opened can. This water dragon wrapped around me is eager to get inducted into the SDRDR winners' hall of fame, represented by this headpiece! Dont just take a sip, prepare to get SOAKED!
"Last but no least, u/Swish_17
!" This look is the pinnacle of my run on this show. It’s creative, Its different, it’s mysterious, and it’s rooted in culture. I’ve done my job this season, i’ve shown all of you that drag and fashion doesn’t have to be American to be valid, and that anyone, anywhere, can thrive. words cannot describe how exceptionally proud I am with my performance for tonight, thank you for a incredible Journey.
Grotesquette: Thank you ladies. Tonight, you've all made me so proud. However, there can only be one winner so let's begin critiques. Starting with... u/ShashaShtan
: Shasha, I was so excited to see you come back yet again. As a past winner that takes a lot of bravery and you delivered many amazing moments this season, most notably that hilarious snatch game. Your ability to be on this many seasons in such a short time yet not exhaust yourself is incredible. And tonight on the runway you look so beautiful and regal and seeing your chav character make another appearance for your verse was so fun. You continue leaving me impressed Shasha. u/KingKabs
: So it's easy for me to write these critiques for you despite the fact that I've only been an active judge for 2 and a half episodes this season because I've been apart of your journey start to it's final finish. Good fucking work I can't stress that enough! You didn't start your first season off without abuse from left and right....then AS3 happened lmfaooo. This season, you are so much more than your track record! You've put your earnest all into it and the work is great. Tonight was stunning, your runway is gorgeous, your verse is packed with personality n cheek, and your speech was heartfelt.
Thank you for your time this season, you killed it! Now rest, bitch. You're almost on that Ketty shit.
"Thank you Shasha. Moving onto u/StrawPedro
: I am so sorry to those fucking turtles or whatever because after tonight, I want 10,000 Straws. Your runway is so fun and refreshing, something we’ve yet to see on SDRDR and your verse was a great reflection on your journey this season. You were definitely one of mine and the audience’s favorites this season, and rightfully so. You were always so funny, you nailed the runway, and you kept us wanting more of Straw every week. I was incredibly excited to see you in this finale, and you definitely did not disappoint. u/Grotesquette
: I am genuinely so proud of you. We haven't seen a queen before who's like you, who embraces themselves and all of their qualities so well, and is able to apply their own personal brand to each and every challenge. At the beginning of the season you faltered, but once you figured out the formula that worked for you, you started fucking sprinting. Anyone who underestimated you or wrote you off at the beginning is now eating those words. You should be so proud of your work this season, and I can't wait to see what you do in the future.
"Up next, u/Micronesiarain
: As a big fan of yours micro i was very happy to see you do well tonight! I thought your verse flowed perfectly and your runway tonight was absolutely incredible. It’s been so fun watching you compete this season, even with the few ... rocky moments you’ve had such a strong run and are a serious competitor. So yeah a great night for you and a brilliant way to finish an impressive run. u/Spencerietta
: Hey queen. Girl you have done it again. Constantly raising the bar for us all... and doing it flawlessly. I’d say I’m surprised, but I know who you are. But seriously tonight you were my absolute favorite both on the runway and in the performance. Not only tonight, but throughout the entire competition you’ve proven week after week to be smart, creative, hilarious, and even in your weak moments, there was always something exciting in what you presented. Tonight is no exception, you absolutely killed it tonight and I couldn’t be more pleased. You should be proud of your run, Micro. You did incredible.
"Next up, u/Swish_17
: Girl, this verse was EVERYTHING. You knocked it out of the fucking park. We could tell how much fun you had during the performance, and I love this finale look. Your run this season has been a roller coaster. You sort of gave up midway, but then changed your mind and decided to come back and slay. You're such a talented queen, with a great eye for fashion and the ability to obliterate any challenge you put your mind to. You really raised the bar for returning queens in a way we haven't seen any other contestant do before, and I hope you know that. It's the age of Swish, and the rest of us are just living in it hunny! u/KingKabs
: You've definitely had a tumultuous run I'd say. WIN ELIM QUIT WIN etc. but you always remained memorable! I was worried you didn't have the resolve to stand up here tonight with any genuine desire to win and here I stand as the one pleasantly surprised. You're hungry, you want this and despite how things have gone down this season I believe it. Your verse is lovely in-your-faceism at its peak, your speech remains true to your near ad hominem brand, and your runway is stunning. You dont undersell your talents ever so congrats on your run!
Grotesquette: Alright, thank you ladies. Now one more thing... Why should each of you be crowned SDRDR's Next Drag Superstar, and not your competitors? u/ShashaStan
: "..Oi, giv mee de crown or a’ll rip yer fuckin faace ooff."...Is what my British Side wants to say but this is Shasha’s time. And me, and my work here, transcends country, race , sex, hearing quality and opinions on whether gigi or jaida should have won the ball. But seriously, I just want to say how amazing this season has been for me. I’ve been able to finally show what shasha really is about , FINALLY, and been able to produce content I am PROUD of. All those comments about me being mediocre and AS3 really made me determined to show what I can actually do, and I definitely achieved that here, no matter what my Track record says. These girls here with me, we’ve been through a lot together. Swish b, you’re the stupidest person I’ve met but you make me laugh more than almost anyone, whether or not it’s on purpose. Micro, bitch you are FIERCE girl, and it’s been amazing getting to work with you. And straw, you have been so kind and caring to me and every single one of us competing alongside you. I love you fags Anyone of these girls will make an amazing winner, but I’ve got one thing that they haven’t....GCSE’s , GOD SAVE THIS FUCKIN QWEEN. and grot this ones for you...LONG SLAY SHARPAY u/StrawPedro
: This has been such a magical journey. When I first got cast, making it to the finale felt so unattainable to me. But challenge by challenge, I've really come into my own and learned how to play to my strengths. Throughout the process, I also began learning to acknowlege and appreciate myself. This competition has taught me so much and helped me find my self love back I had always doubted everything I did, so gaining all your judges' nods makes me feel so incredibly validated. Throughout the competition, I've proved to you as well as myself that I can be funny, but I can also turn looks and serve versatility. I already feel so liberated and victorious. I never pegged myself as a strong competitor in the beginning, but NOW, I can say with abundant confidence that I AM A WINNER. There's so much I can do with this crown and the platform. You have my word that I will make you even prouder as your next drag superstar! I would like to pay my sincere gratitude to Grot, Kabs, Spencie, Harry and all the guest Judges for helping me grow along the way and all their hard work, my fellow contestants for making this season so enjoyable and entertaining, and my dear haus sisters. Sharing the Ball win with Swish made us feel so vindicated, and I wish the best of luck to Free on the next season. I love you all and I'll always cherish the times spent here u/Micronesiarain
: Coming into this season, I put so much pressure onto myself. I felt like I needed to have this immaculate showing. As we all saw, that’s not what ended up happening. I’ve had my lows, but I’ve also had my highs that I am damn proud of. I have proven myself in verse challenges, comedy challenges, branding, on the runway, I have shown that I have what it takes to deserve this crown. If you make me your queen, I will carry myself with nothing but love and grace. I’ve always searched for a sense of purpose and a way to express myself; this has been that for me. Thank you all for this amazing journey u/Swish_17
: This show is about going on a journey. And Going through all the shit I have this season, has given me a heap load of maturity and humility that I never expected to gain, and for that, i’m so appreciative of that, so thank you, genuinely. But why should I win? I Said earlier, the show really is about going on a journey, but look around the room tonight, not a lot of growth has taken place. Straw has done consistently well, micro has done consistently mediocre, and shasha these past few episodes has done consistently poor. This season, I am the contestant who has had the highest of the highs, and the absolute lowest of the lows. I won the ball with my close friend straw, a victory that really meant a lot to me. I was humbled by how unfunny I was, how bad I fucked up snatch game, and got sent home packing. I was then lucky enough to return to the competition, where I won the reading challenge, and our first ever Debate challenge. Panel, the fact of the matter is, that I was eliminated half way through the Competition, and here I stand in front of you all Tonight, Tied with having the most wins this season. Whodat, Spencer, Kabs, Grot, I can look each and every one of you in the eyes and say with absolute certainty, that not a single person standing on this stage with me tonight has gone through nearly the same emotional growth that I have. I wouldn’t change a single thing about my run, and I am just honored to have the chance to Represent the brand of SDRDR as a winner, and for that opportunity, I am forever humbled. Everyone on standing next to me tonight deserves the crown, but through my growth in the competition, to my final performance tonight, I could not possibly be prouder to say that I have absolutely earned it.
Grotesquette: Thank you ladies, that was beautiful. Now.... The judges and I have made our decisions. When I call your name, please step forward. I'm sorry my dear, but now is not your time. Thank you for coming back this season to show us just how versatile of a performer you are, and you should be so proud of yourself. You're officially SDRDR royalty, and no one can deny that. Now... Sashay away.
The other girls hug Shasha and clap for her as she walks away. u/ShashaShtan
: Better than AS3!
Everybody bursts out laughing. Grotesquette falls to floor crying. Kabs starts howling manically. It's extremely funny.
Grotesquette: Three queens stand before me. Prior to tonight, you were asked to prepare a lip-sync performance to Don't Let me Dance Alone by The Saturdays. This is your last chance to impress and win the crown. Good luck and don't fuck it up.
Who wins the lip sync AND the season?! Vote here! Voting ends tonight.
submitted by Grotesquette
to xtinadragrace [link] [comments]
2020.10.26 00:50 adam5gs TRULY RANDOM RACE SEASON 8 EPISODE 3
Ladies, welcome back to the mainstage. After your Dragracadabra performances and your Planet of the Capes runway presentations, I've made some decisions. When I call your name please step forward. A'keria C Davenport Kim Chi Laila McQueen Shea Coulee Kahanna Montrese Kandy Ho
You all represent the tops and bottoms of the weeks.
That means Ilona Verley, Jade, Scaredy Kat, and Juice Boxx
you are all safe. . A'keria C Davenport
You continue to wow us with your improv skills and your vibrant personality. You were the true saving grace of your team and still managed to make us laugh. On the runway you look beyond stunning and your drag is true perfection.
. Kahanna Montrese
You were by far the weakest on your team. You didn't bring any comedy or personality to the table all you really did was smile. You seem to be out of your league in terms of runways, standing next to A'keria we can tell your clothes have construction issues.
. Shea Coulee
This was yet another strong performance from you and we're thrilled that you continue to shine. You saved your team from being an absolute train wreck and served it with your winning personality. On the runway you're absolutely gorgeous and your costume is really cool and unique.
. Kandy Ho
We can't remember a single thing you did in the challenge. Your personality is not coming through at all and you're not standing out among these queens. Your runway is not on par with some of the other girls and is really just basic.
. Kim Chi
You were the surprise attack we needed in this challenge. Your brand of humor is so unique and it really came through in this challenge. Your concept for this runway is so cool and you committed to it 100 percent.
. Laila McQueen
Your performance came across as low energy and disinterested. In a group of four you had to fight for the spotlight and unfortunately you lost. We have higher expectations for your runways than what you delivered tonight.
Ladies. I have made my decisions. Shea Coulee
You're safe. A'keria C. Davenport
tonight the magic word was twerk. Condragulations you're the winner of this week's challenge. Kim Chi,
Good job this week. You're safe. Kahanna Montrese
you did not earn everything. I'm sorry my dear but you are up for elimination. Kandy Ho
the only magic trick you did was making yourself disappear. I'm sorry my dear but you are up for elimination.
That means Laila McQueen
you are safe.
Two queens stand before me, Kandy Ho, Kahanna Montrese
Prior to tonight you were both asked to prepare a lipsync to If by Janet Jackson
This is your last chance to impress me and save yourself from elimination. The time has come for you to LIPSYNC FOR YOUR LIFE. Good luck and don't fuck it up!
submitted by adam5gs
to RPDRfantasyseason [link] [comments]
2020.10.26 00:16 Mafnas22 (SELLING) Added lots of NEW codes. RESTOCKED on Disney + Marvel + Pixar titles for i / V / MA / GP. TV Shows + Collection Sets. - Pulp Fiction + Willow + Rambo 5-Film + Mama Mia 1/2 + MKL Scorpion’s Revenge + MORE
CURRENTLY UPDATING POST AT THE MOMENT — lots of NEW shipment arrived the past week but I have been busy with my main job. Check back often for more titles!
PRICES ARE FIRM
Venmo - CashApp - ppFF — I’ll also accept TARGET giftcards
Take a look at the bottom of listing for Terms Of Sale
Codes are verified again right before sending to you
ISO: Justice League vs Fatal Five
Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods - Complete Soundtrack Album - x16 tracks - iTunes AUDIO $5
COPS - 1980 - Fighting Crime In A Future Time - All x65 episodes with 24hrs of showtime. — Redeem at Millcreek only - $15
————————— Star Wars titles
4K Rogue One - A Star Wars Story - iTunes $5 (LOTS AVAILABLE)
4K Solo - A Star Wars Story - iTunes $10
4K Star Wars 4 - A New Hope - iTunes $9
4K Star Wars 5 - Empire Strikes Back - iTunes
4K Star Wars 6 - Return Of The Jedi - iTunes $9
4K Star Wars 7 - Force Awakens - iTunes $7
4K Star Wars 8 - Last Jedi - iTunes $7
4K Star Wars 9 - Rise Of Skywalker - MA / iTunes $9
Star Wars COMPLETE SAGA 11-FILM for GooglePlay $55 - Phantom Menace + Attack Of The Clones + Revenge Of The Sith + New Hope + Empire Strikes Back + Return Of The Jedi + Force Awakens + Last Jedi + Rise Of Skywalker + Rogue One - A Star Wars Story + Solo - A Star Wars Story
Big Little Lies - FULL Season 1 - $5 i
Big Little Lies - FULL Season 1 - $5 GP
Crazy Rich Asians - MA $5 (LOTS AVAILABLE)
In loving memory of Chadwick Boseman
Black Panther - $2 GP (LOTS AVAILABLE)
Boardwalk Empire - Complete Series - $30 iTunes / $30 GP
Deadwood - Complete Series - $25 GP / $35 Vudu or $25 if you spend additional $25
Entourage - Complete Series - Season 1-8 - $40 GP
Game Of Thrones - Season 1-7 ONLY - $45 GP or FREE with any $70 purchase (have given lots of these away already and still stocked up)
Hobbit 3 - Battle Of The Five Armies - Extended - $6 MA
Jurassic Park 5-Movie - MA $27 (LAST SET AVAILABLE)
True Blood - Complete Series - $20 GP / $25 iTunes
——————————————— NEWLY ADDED but also lots of new titles in other sections as well
42 - Jackie Robinson Story - MA $6
A Dog’s Way Home - MA $5
Aladdin - 1992 - MA $8
Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day - GP $5
4K Ant-Man And The Wasp - i $7 (only x3 available)
A Star Is Born - MA $6
4K A Wrinkle In Time - i $6
4K Book Club - i $3
Book Of Life - i $6
Boxtrolls - V $7 - most likely PORTS to MA as the iTunes portion ported to MA
Boxtrolls - i $7
Breaking In - Unrated - MA $5
4K Captain America - First Avenger - i $8
Christopher Robin - i $8
Crazy Rich Asians - MA $5 - I’ll sell x10 codes for $4 each. I have sold many of these in the past for $5-$8. Willing to do $40 for x10 codes.
Cult Of Chucky - Unrated - V $5
Cult Of Chucky - Unrated - i $5
4K Daddy’s Home 1 - i $5
4K Dark Phoenix - MA $10
4K Death Of Superman - MA $7
Digimon Adventure - tri. - Loss - iTunes $6
Divergent TRILOGY - Vudu / GP $15
Dr. Seuss’ - Grinch - 2018 - MA $6
4K Dumbo - 2019 - i $8
Fighter - V $5
Fighter - i $7
Final Destination 5 - MA $5
Grace unplugged - V ? $3
Hammer Of The Gods - V $7
4K Hocus Pocus - i $8
Hocus Pocus - 25th Anniversary Edition - GP $6
Horrible Bosses 1 - MA $4
4K House With A Clock In Its Walls - MA $6
House With A Clock In Its Walls - MA $5
I Feel Pretty - i $6
ILLUMINATION 6-Movie Collection - Despicable Me 1-3 + Minions + Secret Life Of Pets + Sing - MA $20
Inception - MA $5
Little Stranger - MA $8
Mamma Mia! - 1 and 2 - MA $8
4K Mary Poppins Returns - i $5
Maze Runner TRILOGY - MA $10
Mickey’s Christmas Carol - GP $7
Mortal Kombat Legends - Scorpion’s Revenge - MA $8
My Little Pony - Movie - GP / V / i $6
Nightmare Before Christmas - i $8
4K Nutcracker And The Four Realms - i $6
Pulp Fiction - V
Pulp Fiction - i $8
Quantum Of Solace - V $4
4K Rambo - Last Blood - i $8
4K Rambo 5-Film Collection - First Blood + FB P2 + Rambo 3 + Rambo + Rambo Last Blood - iTunes $35
Rambo 5-Film Collection - First Blood + FB P2 + Rambo 3 + Rambo + Rambo Last Blood - FN / GP / Vudu $25
Sisters - Unrated - i $5
Sound Of Music - MA / V / GP / i $7
Spider-Man Homecoming - MA $5
Star Trek 10-Film Collection - Star Trek + Wrath Of Khan + Search For Spock + Voyage Home + Final Frontier + Undiscovered Country + Generations + First Contact + Insurrection + Nemesis - Vudu $45
4K Tangled - i $12
Tremors - A Cold Day In Hell - MA $5
Tremors 7 - Shrieker Island - MA $7
4K Twilight 1 - i $6
4K Twilight 2 - New Moon - i $6
4K Twilight Breaking Dawn P1 - i $6
4K Twilight Breaking Dawn P2 - i $6
Twilight 5-Film Collection - Vudu / FN $24
Willow - i $9
————————— 4K Disney + 4K Marvel + 4K Pixar
— i = iTunes / MA = MoviesAnywhere / V = Vudu
Aladdin - 2019 - MA / V $7
Aladdin - 2019 - i $7
Ant-Man 1 - i $8
Ant-Man And The Wasp - i $7 (only x3 available)
Avengers 2 - Age Of Ultron - i $8
Avengers 3 - Infinity War - i $5
Avengers 4 - Endgame - MA / V $5
Avengers 4 - Endgame - i $5
A Wrinkle In Time - i $6
Beauty And The Beast - 2017 - i $6
Big Hero 6 - i $7
Call Of The Wild - MA / V $8
Captain Marvel - i $5
Cars 3 - i $5
Cinderella - 2015 - i $6
Coco - i $6
Doctor Strange - i $7
Dumbo - 2019 - i $7
Finding Nemo - i $6
Finding Dory - i $5
Frozen 1 - i $5
Frozen 2 - MA / V $7
Frozen 2 - i $7
Good Dinosaur - i $7
Guardians Of The Galaxy V1 - i $8
Guardians Of The Galaxy V2 - i $7
Hocus Pocus - i $6 (LIMITED)
Incredibles 1 - i $12
Incredibles 2 - i $6
Iron Man 3 - i $7
Jungle Book - 2016 - i $6
Lion King - 2019 - MA / V / i $7
Lion King - ANIMATED - i $8
Little Mermaid 1 - i $12
Maleficent 1 - i $7
Mary Poppins Returns - MA / V $6
Mary Poppins Returns - i $6
Moana - i $7
Monster University - i $10
Nutcracker And The Four Realms - iTunes $5
Pirates Of The Caribbean 5 - Dead Men Tell No Tales - i $6
Ralph Breaks The Internet - i $7
Thor 1 - MA / V $9
Thor 1 - i $9
Thor 2 - Dark World - i $9
Thor 3 - Ragnarok - i $7
Toy Story 1 - i $8
Toy Story 2 - i $8
Toy Story 3 - i $8
Toy Story 4 - i $8
——————————————— ADDED LOTS OF NEW TITLES
This section below is all GooglePlay HDs (some are MA and iTunes)
HD iTunes titles will possibly upgrade to FREE 4K in future when iTunes has 4K rights - not guaranteed but the way they upgraded other Disney + Marvel + Pixar for FREE then it’s very possible
Adventures Of Ichabod And Mr Toad - MA / iTunes $9
Aladdin - 1992 - $6
Aladdin - 1992 - MA $8
Aladdin - 2019 - $4
Aladdin - ANIMATED - $4
Aladdin 2 - Return Of Jafar - $8
Aladdin 3 - And The King Of Thieves - $8
Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day - iTunes $6
Ant-Man 1 - $6
Ant-Man 1 - MA $7
Ant-Man And The Wasp - $6
Avengers 2 - Age Of Ultron - $6
Avengers 3 - Infinity War - $4
Avengers 4 - Endgame - $4
A Wrinkle In Time - $5
Bambi 2 - $7
Beauty And The Beast - 2017 - $4
Big Hero 6 - $4
Bolt - $9
Brave - $6
Call Of The Wild - $6
Call Of The Wild - MA $6
Captain America - Civil War - $6
Captain America - First Avenger - $5
Captain Marvel - $3
Cars 1 - $5
Cars 3 - $4
Christopher Robin - $5
Cinderella 2 - Dreams Come True - $8
Cinderella 3 - A Twist In Time - $8
Cinderella - 2015 - $5
Coco - $4
Disney Nature - Born In China - $4
Doctor Strange - $4
Doctor Strange - MA $6
Dumbo - 2019 - $6
Finding Nemo - $5
Finding Dory - $4
Fox And The Hound 1 - $8
Fox And The Hound 1 - iTunes $9
Fox And The Hound 2 - $8
Fox And The Hound 2 - iTunes $9
Frozen 1 - $3
Frozen 2 - $5
Good Dinosaur - $5
Guardians Of The Galaxy V1 - $5
Guardians Of The Galaxy V1 - MA $6
Guardians Of The Galaxy V2 - $4
Hercules - $9
Hocus Pocus - $5
Incredibles 2 - $3
Into The Woods - $5
Inside Out - $5
Iron Man 3 - $5
Jungle Book - 2016 - $5
Jungle Book 2 - iTunes $12
Lady And The Tramp 1 - $7
Lady And The Tramp 1 - iTunes $9
Lady And The Tramp 2 - iTunes $9
Lilo And Stitch 1 - $8
Lilo And Stitch 1 - MA / iTunes $10
Lilo And Stitch 2 - Stitch Has A Glitch - $8
Lilo And Stitch 2 - Stitch Has A Glitch - MA / iTunes $10
Lion King - 2019 - $4
Lion King - ANIMATED - $5
Little Mermaid 2 - Return To The Sea - $10
Little Mermaid 3 - Ariel’s Beginning - $10
Lone Ranger - iTunes $9
Maleficent 1 - $5
Mary Poppins Returns - $5
Mickey + Donald + Goofy - Three Musketeers - $6
Moana - $4
Monsters University - $8
Mulan 1 - $8
Mulan 1 - iTunes $10
Mulan 2 - $8
Mulan 2 - iTunes $10
Nightmare Before Christmas - $7
Nutcracker And The Four Realms - $5
Onward - $5
Onward - MA $6
Peter Pan 1 - $8
Peter Pan 1 - iTunes $12
Peter Pan 2 - Return To Neverland - iTunes $10
Pete’s Dragon - 2016 - $7
Pete’s Dragon - 2016 - iTunes $9
Pirates Of The Caribbean 5 - Dead Men Tell No Tales - $4
Planes 1 - $5
Planes 1 - iTunes $7
Planes 2 - Fire And Rescue - iTunes $7
Pocahontas 1 - $8
Pocahontas 2 - $8
Princess And The Frog - $7
Queen Of Katwe - iTunes $6
Ralph Breaks The Internet - $5
Robin Hood - $6
Rogue One - A Star Wars Story - $5
Santa Clause 1 - $6
Santa Clause 2 - $6
Santa Clause 3 - Escape Clause - $6
Santa Clause 2 - iTunes $7
Santa Clause 3 - Escape Clause - iTunes $7
Sleeping Beauty - $8
Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs - $8
Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs - iTunes $10
Spies In Disguise - $5
Spies In Disguise - MA $6
Super Buddies - $6
Sword In The Stone - $7
Sword In The Stone - iTunes $9
Tangled - $9
Tarzan - $10
Thor 2 - Dark World - $6
Thor 3 - Ragnarok - $4
Toy Story 3 - $5
Toy Story 4 - $5
Up - $7
Willow - $7
Willow - iTunes $9
Zootopia - $6
————- $2 each HD / HDX deals — Must be purchased with any other additional title from any other section(s)
$2 = must buy x1 additional title
$4 = must buy x2 additional titles
and so on.
— i = iTunes / MA = MoviesAnywhere / V = Vudu
Annihilation - V
Bad Grandpa - i
Book Club - V
Bumblebee - V
Daddy’s Home 2 - V
Deepwater Horizon - V
Despicable Me 3 - V
Gallows 1 - MA
Ghost In The Shell - 2017 - V
Girl On The Train - V
Hercules - 2014 - rock - V
Hunger Games 1 - V
Hunger Games Mockingjay 1 - V
Huntsman 2 - Winter’s War - Extended - MA
Jack Reacher 2 - Never Go Back - V
Jurassic World 4 - MA / V
Last Witch Hunter - V
Magic Mike 1 - MA
Mummy - 2017 - tom cruise - V
Noah - 2014 - i
Mission Impossible 4 - Ghost Protocol - V
Mission Impossible 5 - Rogue Nation - V
Mission Impossible 6 - Fallout - V
Red 2 - V
Riddick - i
Secret Life Of Pets 1 - V
Single Moms Club - V
Spider-Man - Homecoming - MA
Split - V
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 2014 - V
Transformers 3 - Dark Of The Moon - V
Transformers 4 - Age Of Extinction - V
Transformers 5 - Last Knight - V
Warcraft - MA
XXX - Return Of Xander Cage - V
——————————————— TV Shows
Bates Motel - Season 1-3 - $30 - UK accounts ONLY - Absolutely no refunds once I send codes, codes from sealed UK Limited Edition Set
Castlerock - Season 2 - V $10
Game Of Thrones - Seasons 1-7 ONLY - iTunes $50
Game Of Thrones - Complete Series - Vudu $55 / iTunes $55
Gotham - Season 1 - V $7
Outlander - Season 1 V1 + Season 1 V2 + Season 2 + Season 3 - V $40
Rick And Morty - Season 1-3 - V $25
Supernatural Season 10 - V $9
Supernatural Season 11 - V $9
Supernatural Season 12 - V $9
Supernatural Season 13 - V $9
Walking Dead - Season 7 - V $9
———————————————- Collection Sets — All HDs / HDX, unless stated
007 Daniel Craig 3-Movie - Casino Royale + Quantum Of Solace + Skyfall - V $15
Batman ANIMATED Series + BOTH Bonus Movies - V $45
Fast And The Furious 2-8 - V $20
Hobbit 3-Movie - All x3 Extended films - MA $30 (LAST SET)
Hotel Transylvania 3-Movie - MA SDs $15
Leprechaun Collection - V $22
4K Mission Impossible 6-Movie Collection - VUDU $25
Open Season Trilogy - MA SD $15
Rick And Morty - Season 1-3 - V $25
Saw 8-Film - GP / V $20
Smurfs 3-Movie - MA $15
Spider-Man 5-Film - Spider-Man 1 + Spider-Man 2 + SM2 Extended + Spider-Man 3 + SM3 Editor’s Cut - $22
Spider-Man 4-Film - Homecoming + Far From Home + Into The Spider-Verse + Venom - MA $25
Tremors 6-Movie Collection - MA $40
———————————————- HDs / HDX — $5 EACH unless marked
2 Guns - iTunes (CANADA account only)
— i = iTunes / MA = MoviesAnywhere / V = Vudu
Alvin And The Chipmunks - Road Chip - MA / V / GP - $6
Angry Birds Movie - MA
Annabelle 2 - Creation - MA $7
Annabelle 3 - Comes Home - MA $7
BlacKkKlansman - MA $7
Book Of Life - MA / GP / V / i $6
Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 - MA
Crazy Rich Asians - MA
Deadpool 2 - Super Duper Cut - MA / V / GP - $6
Doom - Annihilation - MA $8
Dora And The Lost City Of Gold - V
Dreamgirls - V
Dreamgirls - i
Dr Seuss The Grinch - MA $6
Emoji Movie - MA
Equilibrium - GP $9
Ex Machina - V $7
Ferdinand - MA / V / GP - $6
Fried Green Tomatoes - V
Fried Green Tomatoes - i
Game Night - MA
Getaway - MA
Ghostbusters - Answer The Call - Extended - MA
Glass - MA $6
Godzilla - 2014 - MA
Gone Girl - MA / V / GP $7
Good Boys - MA $7
Hereditary - V $6
Hidden Figures - MA / V / GP
Hobbit 1 - An Unexpected Journey - EX - MA $9
Hobbit 2 - Desolation Of Smaug - EX - MA $9
Home Alone 2 - Lost In New York - MA / i / V / GP
House With A Clock In Its Walls - MA
Inception - MA
Just Mercy - MA $7
Justice League - Doom - MA
Justice League - Throne Of Atlantis - MA $6
Justice League vs Teen Titans - MA $6
King Kong - Ultimate Edition - MA
LEGO Batman Movie - MA $8
LEGO Ninjago Movie - MA
Les Miserables - MA
Live, Die, Repeat - Edge Of Tomorrow - MA $6
Max 1 - MA
Maze Runner 3 - Death Cure - MA / V / GP
Murder On The Orient Express - MA
Nun - MA $7
Oblivion - V
Other Side Of The Door - MA $6
Pitch Perfect 3 - MA
Queen And Slim - MA $6
Ready Player One - MA
Revenant - MA / V / GP $6
Rise Of The Guardians - MA
Searching - MA $7
Shape Of Water - MA $7
Slender Man - MA
Smallfoot - MA $6
Sorry To Bother You - MA $6
Superman Unbound - MA
Straight Outta Compton - Unrated Director’s Cut - V
Teen Titans Go! To The Movies - MA $6
Teen Titans - Judas Contract - MA $6
Terminator 4 - Salvation - MA $6
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - MA / V / GP
Truth Or Dare? - MA
Turbo - MA
Turning - 2020 - MA $7
Uncle Drew - GP / V $6
Us - MA
Winchester - V / i $6
—————————————— HDs / HDX — $4 EACH
— i = iTunes / MA = MoviesAnywhere / V = Vudu
5th Wave - V
A Good Day To Die Hard - Extended - MA / V
Divergent 1 - V
Divergent 2 - Insurgent - V
Get Smart - MA
Gods Of Egypt - V
Horrible Bosses 1 - MA
Hunger Games - Catching Fire - V
Hunger Games - Mockingjay 2 - V
Hunger Games - Mockingjay 2 - GP
Legend Of Hercules - V
Magnificent Seven - V
Man Of Steel - MA
Pain And Gain - i
Rio 2 - MA
Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets - V
Widows - 2018 - MA
———————————————— HDs / HDX — $3.50 EACH (SDs are stated)
— i = iTunes / MA = MoviesAnywhere / V = Vudu
Adventures Of Tintin - i ?
American Sniper - MA
Arrival - V
Arthur Christmas - MA SD
Call Me By Your Name - MA SD
Chappie - MA SD
Cowboys And Aliens - i ?
Despicable Me 1 - V
Due Date - i ?
Equalizer 2 - MA SD
Fate Of The Furious - Extended P8 - MA
Flight - i
Fury - MA SD
G.I. Joe 2 - Retaliation - V
Hangover 2 - MA
Hugo - V
Hugo - i
Jonah Hex - i ?
Pitch Perfect 1 - V
Roman J Israel, Esq - MA SD
Sicario 2 - Day Of Soldado - MA SD
Slender Man - MA SD
Taken 2 - MA / V / GP
Terminator 6 - Dark Fate - V
Terminator 5 - Genisys - V
Wrath Of The Titans - MA
————————————————- HDs / HDX — $3 EACH
— i = iTunes / MA = MoviesAnywhere / V = Vudu
Alpha - MA SD
Bangkok Dangerous - i ?
Dark Knight Rises - PART 3 - MA
Dredd - V
Expendables 2 - V
(2) 2 Fast 2 Furious - MA / V
(3) Fast And Furious - Tokyo Drift - MA / V
(4) Fast And Furious - MA / V
(5) Fast Five - Extended - MA / V
(5) Fast Five - Extended - i
(6) Fast And Furious 6 - Extended - MA / V
(7) Furious 7 - Extended - MA / V
(8) Fate Of The Furious - Theatrical - V $2
Forgetting Sarah Marshall - i ?
Hangover 1 - i ?
Heaven Is For Real - MA SD
Interview - MA SD
Paul - i ?
Perfect Guy - MA SD
Playing With Fire - V
Rocketman - V
Safe Haven - i ?
Sausage Party - MA SD
Serenity - 2005 - V
Smurfs - Lost Village - MA
SpongeBob Movie - Sponge Out Of Water - V
SpongeBob Movie - Sponge Out Of Water - i
Star Trek 2 - Beyond - V
Star Trek 3 - Into Darkness - V
Taken 1 - i ?
Walk - 2015 - MA SD
——————————— All 4K titles below
— i = iTunes / MA = MoviesAnywhere / V = Vudu
Addams Family - 2019 - i $7
Alvin And The Chipmunks - Road Chip - i $6
Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 - $20
Annihilation - i $4
A Quiet Place - i $3
Arrival - i $5
Bumblebee - i $3
Crawl - i $5
Daddy’s Home 1 - i $5
Daddy’s Home 2 - i $3
Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes - i $6
Deadpool 1 - i $6
Deadpool 2 - Super Duper Cut - MA / V $9
Deepwater Horizon - i $3
Despicable Me 1 - i $5
Despicable Me 3 - i $3
Despicable Me 3 - V $5
Dora And The Lost City Of Gold - i $7
Fantastic Four - 2015 - i $7
(8) Fate Of The Furious 8 - Theatrical - i $3
Fences - i $4
Ghostbusters - Answer The Call - Extended - MA $8
Ghost In The Shell - 2017 - i $4
G.I. Joe 2 - Retaliation - i $6
Girl On The Train - i $4
Gone Girl - i $8
Hidden Figures - i $7
Home Alone 1 - i $6
Hunger Games 1 - i $3
Hunger Games 2 - Catching Fire - i $5
Hunger Games Mockingjay 1 - $5
Huntsman 2 - Winter’s War - Extended - i $3
Independence Day 2- Resurgence - i $7
Instant Family - i $3
Interstellar - i $7
Jack Reacher 1 - i $4
Jack Reacher 2 - Never Go Back - i $3
Jexi - i $7
John Wick 1 - i $4
Jumanji 1 - Welcome To The Jungle - MA $9
Justice League Dark - Apokolips War - MA $7
Kingsman 2 - Golden Circle - i $7
LEGO Movie - MA $6
Let’s Be Cops - i $3
Logan - i $5
Longest Ride - i $5
Meg - MA $9
Mission Impossible 5 - Rogue Nation - i $3
Mission Impossible 6 - Fallout - V $4
Mission Impossible 6 - Fallout - i $3
Mountain Between Us - i $5
Night At The Museum 3 - Secret Of The Tomb - i $5
Oblivion - i $6
Overlord - i $4
Pacific Rim 1 - MA $9
Peanuts Movie - i $5
Pet Sematary - 1989 - i $5
Pet Sematary - 2019 - i $5
Pitch Perfect 1 - i $5
Pitch Perfect 2 - i $5
Playing With Fire - i $5
Rambo - Last Blood - i $9
Rampage - MA $9
Ready Player One - MA $9
Red 2 - i $3
Revenant - i $6
Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes - i $6
Robin Hood - 2018 - i $5
Secret Life Of Pets 1 - i $4
Serenity - 2005 - i $5
Sherlock Gnomes - i $3
Sing - i $4
Sonic The Hedgehog - i $7
Spider-Man - Homecoming - MA $9
Split - i $3
Star Trek - Beyond - i $4
Star Trek - Into Darkness - i $4
Straight Outta Compton - Unrated Director’s Cut - i $7
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 2014 - i $4
Terminator 6 - Dark Fate - i $5
Terminator 5 - Genisys - i $5
Terminator 2 - Judgement Day - MA $5
Transformers 3 - Dark Of The Moon - i $4
Transformers 4 - Age Of Extinction - i $3
Transformers 5 - Last Knight - i $3
Ugly Dolls - i $6
Uncle Drew - i $5
War For The Planet Of The Apes - i $4
Wonder Park - i $4
X-Men Apocalypse - i $5
X-Men Days Of Future Past - i $6
XXX - Return Of Xander Cage - i $4
All purchases are TRACKED. If buyer decides to redeem a portion that wasn’t agreed on, then I will ask to submit payment. If you do not wish to pay then I will contact the mods for further assistance. Then you will be blocked.
Everything Disney related are split
For PayPal, send via Friends Family. Codes are not sent unless agreed price is fully sent. I am NOT responsible for fees from PayPal
submitted by Mafnas22
to DigitalCodeSELL [link] [comments]
2020.10.25 20:54 poojaashri my problem with Lukanette and why I hate it to the core
My problems with Lukanette:
- First of all, I am not a big fan of the trope' Love At First Sight' as I think it is very swallow and unrealistic and I know for the fact that it is not how love is portrayed in Miraculous either, all characters started to develop feelings for each other because of their attraction towards their partner's personality. For example Adrien likes Ladybug and Kagami because they both are confident & courageous, Marinette likes Adrien and Luka because they both are kind & compassionate and Kagami likes Adrien because they have so much similarities. Why does Luka like Marinette? because she is a funny girl? seriously he could have at least said a pretty girl, he met her in Captain Hardrock and saw her stutter and THAT'S IT ? he instantly falls in love with her?? and he barely knows her to confess his love for her in the third episode he appeared and for Kagami it's different because she and Adrien do fencing together everyday from the episode Riposte and they spend a lot of time together because their parents do business together, they even spent an entire weekend in London.
- Their age difference is what makes their relationship creepier, if Marinette turned 14 in season 2 then Luka must be 17 or 18 since he is graduated and I guess Thomas somewhere confirmed that Luka is 2-3 years older than Marinette. I saw everyone calling out Theo in the episode Copycat for crushing on Ladybug but in reality nobody knows that Ladybug is a teenager some even think that she's 5000 years old and Theo actually goes to their school, he is seen in the episode Animan in the same restroom as Adrien and Kim(although they might not be in the same grade). I don't understand how is everyone in the fandom okay with this age difference, It's very creepy.
- Luka knows that, Marinette is not in love with him and will never love him so why is still pursing her? and emotionally trying to influence her decision?( this point might be controversial and it's entirely how I interpret it, don't hate for it ) . Cat noir gets so much hate for not moving from Ladybug( even though he did in season 3 finale) but everyone for Luka thinks it's romantic, that he is there for Marinette even after she rejected him. Some even called Cat Noir's harmless flirting 'Harassment', he never forced Ladybug if he did then she would have punched him in the face way before like she did with Felix, in fact I think she doesn't want Cat Noir to stop flirting with her (how she got upset when he didn't call her his lady is the proof to that). Now I am not implying that Luka is "harassing" Marinette by pursing her even after she has said no but if the fandom hates Cat Noir for his not-taking-no-for-answer attitude, how come they adore like Luka for doing the same. At least from Cat Noir's perspective it makes sense because he has hard time letting of the people he loves, I mean he has just lost his mom, his uncle died( and he wasn't allowed to attend his funeral thanks to Gabriel's A+ parenting), his father is very cold and distant with him, his only cousin is very rude and manipulative with him, his assistant Nathalie who he views as a second mother is basically emotionless with him and the only sane person in the Agreste family, the Gorilla barely talks to him. Not to mention his only inspiration in the love department is his father who is a psypchopathic necrophile who terrorizes all of Paris, akumatises children and is ready to trigger third world war to steal the magical jewels of two teenagers in order to bring back his dead wife instead of just moving on.
- The hate Marinette receives from Luka fans is just ridiculous and I've gotta ask if you hate Marinette so much then why do you ship her with him ?? she doesn't like him romantically, never did and never will so why do you all hate her for that ? It's her feelings, her emotions, her life so it's totally up to her. I think all of this hate started from the episode Desperada, where she suggested Adrien over Luka as Jagged stone's guitarist, honestly she is just fourteen year old girl who was probably very confused after Luka's love declaration in silencer and the Oblivio kiss with Cat Noir, so she wanted to prove to all of her friends and to Kagami that she'll always choose Adrien no matter what. Plus Adrien is a Multi-talented celebrity who is a musician too, it's said that he can play a few chords in Guitar(but prefers piano) where as Luka is a normal guy who is just passionate about music, Miraculous official website stated that he just wants to sell stringed instrument and he doesn't like the fame so I don't understand why people hate her so much choosing Adrien over Luka, personally if I have crush on a guy, I would definitely choose him over my friend just to impress him and if he is truly is my friend then he will understand it. I also think it's very romantic to see how much Marinette believes in Adrien and in his talents because even his friends in that episode viewed only as Mr. model pretty face( as they were shocked when she said he is a great musician). Another argument I have come across is that they think she leads Luka on, we have to understand that they are from France where a simple kiss on a cheek is considered as a simple form of courtesy or considered super affectionate and it doesn't have any romantic meanings behind it.
- Okay so the biggest problem, I have with Lukanette is Lukanette shippers, from what I have seen most of seem pretty toxic(not all of them) and since when did shipping Lukanette and hating Adrien became a package deal? And I just hate how delusional they all are to think that Adrien was never there for Marinette, I mean how can they all forget that the only reason why Marinette isn't expelled is basically Adrien? He was always there for both Marinette and Ladybug from season 1, I could literally write pages about the times he was there for her whereas Luka barely talks to her. And whether you like it or not MARINETTE IS LADYBUG WITH OR WITHOUT MASK which was proven in multiple episodes. I hate how overrated Luka is for having a personality that is entirely based a girl and a guitar. I hate how they all re-watch all the episodes and read deeply to find every single mistakes Adrien makes just to spread hate on him. I hate how lot of them called him selfish for giving up his miraculous in the NY special. Adrien clearly doesn't deserve the hate he receives in the fandom. I know he is not underrated(because a big portion of fandom loves him so much) but his actions are definitely underrated.
Now, this just my opinion(please don't hate me) because from what I have come across a lot of Adrien haters seem to be Lukanette shippers and I know Adrienette fandom isn't perfect either but yesterday I watching a Lukanette vs Adrienette video on YouTube and I was pretty surprised to see that all comments in video were basically Adrien hate comments, so when I spoke something in deference of Adrien, to my surprise I received 2 death threats and 5 people were agreeing to it (which led me to delete that comment in fear and frustration) also a lot of them called me and all the Adrienette shippers "stupid" "delusional" "immature" "doesn't understand what a healthy relationship is"( as if Lukanette is completely healthy). I really want to know are all Lukanette shippers like this?? or....anyway I have learnt my lesson that I should never comment something in favour of Adrien in a Lukanette video.
submitted by poojaashri
to miraculousladybug [link] [comments]
2020.10.24 23:41 guyinthecap [V7E13 Spoilers] Volume 7 Episode 13 Review
Hello RWBY Fans!
It's been a bit of a year, hasn't it? Between burnout, a new job, and the hellscape that 2020 has been, I never got around to finishing my review of RWBY Volume 7. But now, we've got a new volume right around the corner, and a new year of RWBY is the perfect motivation to wrap up my long overdue review of Volume 7's finale.
Eight months after release.
Oh well, better late than never. Let's dive into Volume 7 Episode 13! Oh, and as a side note, 98% of this review was outlined the weekend the finale came out, so if my observations seem to lack hindsight, that's why. At the very least, it's a bit more authentic to my thoughts at the time.
Episode 13: The Enemy of Trust
The episode opens on Team JNR, who now stand between Neo and a significantly-battered Oscar. Jaune tells her to surrender, but Neo only smirks and draws her blade. After RWBY's fight with the AceOps in Episode 12, I know I wasn't the only one expecting JNR's clash with Neo to be their big fight of the volume. Unfortunately, it appears I set my expectations too high. Nora, Ren and Oscar all attack individually, and Neo hands them each of their individual asses. When she's not fighting a powerful and vicious Maiden, Neo's fighting style returns to it's agile and taunt-filled roots. Neo tries to grab Jinn's lamp, but thankfully Jaune teleports to Oscar's side in enough time to rebuke her. Seeing JNR regrouping, Neo escapes behind one of her classic illusions.
Back in Fria's hospital room, Penny is still engaged in combat with Cinder. Just as the concept art in the last episode's credits hinted, the fight spills over into an adjoining server room. Cinder's Grimm arm easily matches Penny's impressive strength, but Winter soon comes to the rescue. As she attacks, Cinder starts to demean the Atlas specialist. "You Atlas elites are all the same. You think hoarding power means you'll have it forever, but it just makes the rest of us hungrier! And I refuse to starve."
Winter is quickly overwhelmed by Cinder’s attacks, and Penny tags back in. For the first time in the series, we hear our robotic cinnamon roll yelling in effort and determination as she slashes at Cinder. Penny and Winter start to fight Cinder back, but Cinder calls on more of the Maiden’s mantle, throwing the two defenders through the wall and into the open air of the Atlas skyline.
Winter is thrown away from the falling group, but Penny has the aerial agility to match Cinder. Cinder yells that she refuses to let an Atlas “toy” stop her, but is quickly silenced when Winter reenters the battle riding a summoned manticore. Working together and free to maneuver, Penny and Winter start laying into Cinder. However, Winter is by far the most fragile of the three, and Cinder exploits this by killing her summoned grimm and hitting her with a fireball. Aura-less and unable to summon another mount, Winter begins to fall. Thankfully, Penny is quick to swoop in and catch her. Winter is shocked by Penny’s intervention, and tells her that her life doesn’t matter. Penny firmly disagrees.
We rejoin JNPR to find them still running from Atlas guards. Oscar, being younger and already wounded, has trouble keeping up with his older teammates. In the scramble, Oscar is separated from the group. He’s nearly caught, before a feminine hand pulls him into an empty dorm room. Oscar’s savior isn’t Nora at all, however, and he only narrowly avoids being skewered by Neo’s sneak attack.
Neo secures Jinn’s lamp during the attack, and wastes no time in escaping. Neo blows past Jaune by springing off his shield, and stuns Ren into inaction with her Nora disguise. Jaune and Ren try to pursue her, but Neo leads them into a squad of Atlas soldiers and forces them to retreat. As JNPR runs through the academy halls, Nora can’t help but notice the tears streaming from Ren’s eyes.
Back in the hospital, we take Fria’s point of view as Cinder pries the lid to her transfer pod off. Cinder leans in for the kill as Fria wistfully tries to recall what she’s been waiting for. Cinder, as destiny-obsessed as ever, replies “me,” and moves to strike.
Suddenly, Fria catches Cinder’s claw. Cinder lunges forward, but Fria throws her back, drawing on the Winter Maiden’s power in a frightening display of arctic cold. Clouds swirl around Fria’s now-hovering form, and Cinder shrieks as the encroaching cold burns her exposed body. In a final release of energy, the roof of the hospital is blown off by a frigid maelstrom of magic.
Penny and Winter regroup, stunned by the power of a fully-realized Maiden. Winter tries to reenter the room, but without Aura she is as vulnerable to the cold as Cinder. Without hesitation, Penny leaps into the brunt of the storm.
We cut back to JNPR, who are catching their breath in the training room. Oscar apologizes for losing the lamp, which prompts Ren to reflect that they all “weren’t ready to become Huntsmen.” Nora dismisses the thought, but Ren starts to yell, pointing out all their recent failures. Jaune quickly shuts the argument down, and the three are interrupted by a call from Pietro. He’s gotten their scrolls working, and he, Maria, Blake and Yang are stealing their getaway airship. Jaune relays his team’s position, but the arrival of more Atlas soldiers pins them down. In the confusion, Oscar slips away, claiming “there’s something he has to do on my own.”
Penny continues to push through the blizzard, powering through the cold until she arrives in the eye of the storm. Fria, who appears dazed, is surprised to see Penny. The elderly Maiden is clearly struggling with her memory, clinging to her "job." As Fria floats tiredly to the ground, she tells Penny "you can tell James I'm ready." Penny points out that Fria will have to die to pass the powers on, but Fria seems comfortable and accepting of her choice. For what little time we've spent with Fria, I've come to love her characterization.
Fria asks for Penny's name, and wonders if she is to be the one who will receive the powers. Penny seems taken back at the choice, the ability to choose her own destiny, and doesn't respond immediately.
Deep in the Atlas vault, Ironwood waits for Winter. He hears the elevator, and begins to apologize for the necessity of his harsh order, but stops when he sees Oscar descending instead. Ironwood asks whether it's Oscar or Ozpin present, but Oscar reassures James that he's in control. Ironwood, ever the tactician, compliments Oscar's choice to not bring the Lamp down with him, thinking that Oscar's distrust of him is warranted.
Oscar tells James that he wants to rekindle their trust and work this problem out together. Ironwood is skeptical when he see's Ozpin's cane, but Oscar says holding Long Memory
reassures him when he's afraid. Ironwood thinks the comment is a veiled accusation that he's
afraid, but Oscar asserts that everyone
is afraid. He begins to tell James that the choices we make while afraid are more important than the fear itself, but Ironwood snaps.
The emotions James has been keeping contained all boil over. Ironwood tells Oscar that none of the criticism matters because he was ultimately right. Ironwood believes that the minute he "went soft" is the moment Salem found her opening. Oscar retorts that James' plan will leave millions behind so that a few can survive, but Ironwood dismisses his thoughts as meaningless "philosophical theories" in the face of Salem's very real and imminent invasion. Slowly, James starts to back Oscar towards the edge of the balcony.
Ironwood tells Oscar that he is done letting Robyn, the Council, his citizens, or even the young wizard stop him from making "big picture" decisions and doing what is "right." A disappointed-looking Oscar responds "then you're as dangerous as she is, James." Ironwood reflects that only his friends refer to him James, and tells Oscar to call him General.
Then Ironwood draws his pistol and shoots.
Oscar's aura shatters as he tumbles back into the void, and finally, finally,
we see the scene the opening sequence has been referencing for thirteen weeks.
The scenes that follow are cut quickly together, as the episode builds to its climax.
We jump back to the hospital, where Penny's deliberation is interrupted by Cinder's explosive entrance. Cinder screams that Fria's power belongs to her, and lunges towards the near-prone pair, but is intercepted by Winter. Fueled by rage, Cinder unleashes a savage barrage of attacks at the now unshielded Atlas specialist. Winter is one of the most skilled fighters we've seen in the series, but even she quickly falters after half a dozen strikes. Bolstered by Winter's sacrifice, Penny makes her choice.
Oscar falls through the maintenance shaft beneath the vault, fading out of consciousness before he is roused by the voice of Professor Ozpin. The theme of the deceased headmaster swells as Oscar grabs at the handle of his falling weapon.
Winter is thrown to the ground, badly hurt and bleeding. Cinder moves in to finish her off, but stops when she notices snowflakes beginning to swirl through the room. Behind her Penny opens her eyes, revealing the brilliant flares of the Winter Maiden's power.
In freefall, Oscar grabs the cane and triggers its handle, causing the clockwork hilt to glow with yellow light.
Cinder prepares to fight Penny, shaking with rage, but is interrupted by Weiss and Ruby's arrival. Cinder's hesitation is all the time Ruby needs to trigger her eyes, washing the room out in a blaze of silver light.
As the music reaches it's peak, Oscar reaches the bottom of the shaft. With a powerful cry, he strikes the floor in an explosion of green light. The blast's echo and the last of the music fade into a few seconds of complete silence before a calm, quiet voice begins to whisper to us.
"The single quality that is common across every living creature on this planet is fear."
Somber music accompanies Ozpin's monologue and Oscar's descent through the skies above Mantle. In Fria's room, Ruby falls to her knees, panting. A glowing hole in the wall tells us Cinder escaped, giving our heroes a brief moment to breathe. Penny grieves over Fria's passing, but Winter assures her that Fria is now a part of Penny. Winter suggests to the heroes that they surrender to General Ironwood, but is not surprised when they say that's not possible. Weiss is reluctant to leave while her sister is injured, but Winter forces her hand by calling in reinforcements. The gesture, a "head start" in her mind, is all the kindness she can offer her sister as their paths diverge. Weiss, Ruby, and Penny all leave as the getaway airship arrives, leaving Winter to alert the General of the loss of the Winter Maiden.
Other scenes flash throughout the monologue. We see Qrow and Robyn arrested for the death of Clover. We see Cinder's initial anger at losing to Ruby again. And we see both Neo's smug triumph and bitter frustration as she presents Cinder with the Lamp, only to have the Fall Maiden snatch it out of her hands without a word. Finally, we see an incarcerated Watts, looking pleased as he sees an approaching thunderstorm.
As Ozpin's monologue comes to a close, Oscar lands in the giant Crater below Atlas. Breaking his fall with another conjured shield, Oscar reflects that all these new abilities and memories must mean Ozpin taken control again. To both his and our surprise, Ozpin tells Oscar that the young farm boy is actually responsible for their success. Ozpin begins to speak, but Oscar cuts him off. All he wants to know is how to save Atlas.
The final scene of Volume 7 is a dark mirror to the first. The gang, now down a relic and reincarnated wizard but up a Maiden and elderly tinker, fly away from Atlas dejected. The approaching storm has grown, and as frantic radio chatter begins to play out, ominous shapes begin to move through the thunderclouds. From the heart of the storm emerges a titanic bulbous shape; an eerie, glowing maw laced with purple crystal. Flights of sphinxes and other grimm circle what is revealed to be a winged whale. And atop it all rides Salem, a conquering general who has finally arrived.
The action in this episode runs the full spectrum of RWBY fight choreography. On one hand, we have Cinder's fight with Penny and Winter. Between the characters' fluid movements, the dynamic cinematography of the camera, and the visual storytelling as the fight moves from location to location, these sequences take full advantage of each character's unique design and fighting style to tell an engaging and well-paced story. I was cheering for Winter, scared for Penny, and oscillating between hating and fearing Cinder as she crept closer to her goal.
Even as the action raged on, this fight taught us viewers about each character that was involved. Cinder's snark comments to Winter give further hints at her backstory, evoking the more squalid details of her Cinderella-inspired design. Additionally, we can see that her grimm arm has grown further into her shoulder, hinting at her progressive destruction in the pursuit of power. Winter is forced to confront an unexpected decision during the fight, choosing to let go of the Maiden powers she had taken ownership of and instead let them pass to Penny. Winter still considers the military her home, and thus the General her family, but she believes in Penny's decision enough to defend and comfort her robotic friend. And Penny? She finally takes ownership of her life, choosing to embrace her role as Mantle's protector while also breaking from Ironwood's chain of command. And to top it all off, her very existence as a person is validated when the Maiden powers transfer to her. She is
a real girl, and her life is as true as that of any other character. Throw in some excellent music, stunning visual effects, and killer voice acting, and you've got one of the most well-rounded fights in the series.
On the other hand, we have Neo vs JNPR. Now, I'm not here to trash this fight. There are moments that are well executed; Nora!Neo cartwheeling over Jaune's shield, Oscar and Neo's "swordfight," and Neo's use of subterfuge to get the Lamp and escape are all well done individually. However, this fight also has some of the elements that have frustrated viewers for years. Fighters attacking one-at-a-time and characters teleporting to where they need to be make this exchange feel jarring at times. Narratively, I know JNPR has
to lose the Lamp, but their ineffectiveness against a single opponent, even one as skilled as Neo, undercuts the effort JNPR's put into their training this Volume. Maybe the budget and render time wasn't available to make a drawn-out action sequence, but I don't think the results of the fight match how Jaune, Nora, and Ren have spent the last few weeks.
Where I do
think this fight deserves credit is how it catalyzes Ren's emotional deterioration. I've talked in previous reviews about how tightly Ren has kept his emotions bottled, but throwing a hostile doppelganger of the woman he loves at him has clearly shaken something loose. The fact that he raises his voice in the training hall shows how powerless he's feeling and how desperate for direction he is. Like Ironwood, he feels like all his preparations were futile and that he can't do anything to stop the bad things in the world from happening. Going off this episode, we aren't anywhere near done developing Ren's character.
And speaking of the General, let's not forget how important his exchange with Oscar is. Ironwood has been wavering between protagonist and antagonist for this entire volume. Honestly, I think I'm going to need to do an entirely separate follow-up to my original character analysis
of the man just to take stock of all the subtle struggles Ironwood went through this volume. What's not subtle, however, is where he stands now.
James has long struggled to balance his heart with his mind. He is a deeply compassionate man, but also a pragmatic tactician and decisive military leader. Our heroes tried to convince him to temper his cold authoritarianism with love and trust, and it was in that moment of vulnerability that Cinder preyed on his fear. The fear and paranoia that James has been carrying since Beacon has come to a head at the worst time; when Salem stands poised to destroy everything he's spent his life protecting. Under the stress, the metal man falls back on his military training, and chooses to make harsh choices to guarantee a salvageable outcome.
Of course, there's still those nagging thoughts of Ozpin weighing on the General's consciousness. The headmaster may not have always
put his faith in people, but he did balance Ironwood's military logic with a thoughtful and contemplative wisdom. Now Oz is gone, and the farm boy in his place is young, optimistic, and telling him that his "tough call" makes him just as dangerous as Salem. Is it any wonder why he shoots Oscar and crushes the last doubts in his mind?
The title of this episode isn't just for show. The enemy of trust is fear. Both the heroes and villains have to confront what they're afraid of in this episode, and their reactions to that fear are what determine if they succeed or fail. Ironwood turns away from the gang out of his fear of Salem, and so he fails to enact his plan and lift Atlas. Cinder fights for herself, out of both a fear of failure and a fear of being powerless. She tries to take what she wants by herself and is stopped by two fighters who trust each other. Even Ren loses because of fear, failing to subdue Neo out of a fear of hurting Nora.
Conversely, the characters who succeed are those who resist in spite of their fear. Oscar remains calm and saves himself from his fall. Ruby fights against Ironwood's fear-motivated plan, and thus she is in the right place to prevent Cinder's total victory. Most importantly, Penny chooses to believe in her friends and fight for Mantle rather than side with Ironwood. Only time will tell what the long term effects of these decisions are, but the immediate result was that Cinder failed to secure the Winter Maiden powers.
The future may be uncertain, but what is clear is that acting out of fear won't bring the heroes closer to victory.
With no "next episode" in Volume 7, my normal format won't fit. Just like in my Volume 6 Finale Review, I'm going to put all my predictions into a dedicated Volume 8 Predictions post. That article will go up by next weekend, just in time for the Volume 8 premiere on the following Saturday.
Here's where I put all the thoughts I couldn't fit in anywhere else.
- Since Oscar grabbed "Neo" before Ren shattered her first illusion, we've confirmed that Neo's Semblance makes physical constructs. Just how versatile is this power? What are the rules and limitations? I want answers, CRWBY!
- A deeper version of the Atlas theme punctuates JNPR's chase scene through Atlas academy. It's cool to see what was a reassuring piece of music distorted into a harrowing threat.
- Fria's "No. I had a job to do," gives me chills every time.
- Also, her ability to stop Cinder's hand, even as a frail old woman, may indicate that she's stronger than she looks. I've long suspected that the Maiden powers fortify the host's body, but physical feats are always tough to judge in RWBY.
- Fria's floating display of power looks very similar to Cinder's own gloating display to Neo back in Volume 6. Given how powerless Cinder made Neo feel, it's interesting to see the power dynamic reversed.
- Also, Weiss' words about Aura shielding from the cold come back in this scene. Both Winter's aura-less hand and Cinder's grimm arm, the one Raven said Aura couldn't protect, are burned by Fria's arctic wind. Just a neat bit of consistency to go with our visual storytelling.
- The music that plays when Penny and Winter look on at Fria's storm is the same piece that played when Ozpin and Cinder fought in the Beacon Vault. Both were enormous displays of magical power, so using music to evoke the same awe feels right.
- The little hints of Ozpin's theme that play when Oscar confronts Ironwood always get me. I mentioned it in the Thoughts section but Oscar's comments remind me of Ozpin's better nature, and how he balanced James' pragmatism with wisdom and careful optimism.
- Right before Ironwood shoots Oscar, the piano notes that play are very reminiscent of the slow sections of Divide. Another nice musical reminder.
- So, Cinder may be able to regrow her grimm arm quickly, but if Jessica Nigri's performance is anything to go off of, the process is absolutely agonizing.
- Heck, Jessica Nigri (Cinder), Elizabeth Maxwell (Winter), Jason Lie Rose (Ironwood) and Kara Eberle (Weiss) all turn in amazing performances. Jason packs so much anger, fear and quiet menace into his delivery, and the ladies all manage to convey pain, sadness, and resolution in both their spoken lines and "effort" noises. Well done all around.
- Even Neath Oum gets to flex as Ren's hard exterior starts to crack. Hats off to these guys.
- So here's the big one. Ozpin's speech is one of my favorite moments of the finale, even in an episode with a spectacular fight and a giant grimm army. His lines give insight into each character that got major development this volume.
- The monologue as a whole comes as a great way to start deescalating and slowing down as the episode wraps up. I've always loved Shannon's voice, and after going without Ozpin for most of Volumes 6 and 7, getting our old headmaster back adds a level of comfort and safety that we need in such a dark hour. As soon as he started talking, I felt like I was back at Beacon, listening to a lecture. It was such a powerful moment for me that I had to include it in the review somehow.
When this episode premiered, I couldn't write about it yet. I recorded my initial thoughts, but I couldn't think about it as the capstone to a whole volume of RWBY. It didn't feel like a finale, because it ultimately isn't. Volumes 7 and 8 are clearly intertwined in a way no season of RWBY has been before, and that reliance on each other makes Volume 7's stopping point feel less like a true finale and more like a midseason climax. Please don't misunderstand, there were still plenty of meaningful stories and arcs through this past thirteen episodes. This episode, and thus this Volume, just lack the self-contained story that usually comes with a year of RWBY. I feel like I'm only reviewing half of a very long Volume.
I think that makes recording our thoughts about Volume 7 even more important. We will all undoubtedly look back on Volume 7 differently after Volume 8 comes out, just like how we looked back on the Volume 3 finale differently after Volume 4 started to take off. Uncertainty will give way to hindsight, and anticipation will turn to understanding. Even if Volume 7 feels like a build-up without release, I enjoyed every episode of this amazing ride.
That wraps up my episode-specific thoughts on the Volume 7 finale. I'm going to save my "big picture" analysis and my usual praise for the music, cinematography, and animation for my comprehensive Volume 7 Review. This review was a big one, but after being on hiatus for so long it feels good to dive headfirst back into things.
Look forward to a Volume 8 Predictions post by next weekend and the full Volume 7 Review in the coming weeks. As always, thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this review, consider checking out my Masterpost [Here]
Until next time, be safe, be creative, and be excellent to each other.
submitted by guyinthecap
to RWBY [link] [comments]
2020.10.23 15:22 readingrachelx Housewife highlights/Daily shit talk - October 23rd, 2020
"Move over Kendall Jenner, Lexi Boling, and Binx Walton. While Alexander Wang's squad typically consists of supermodels, the pop-culture loving designer has turned to reality TV for his latest casting.
Erika Jayne, Lisa Rinna, and Dorit Kemsley, fan-favorite stars of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hill
front the Wang's newest social series. In true quarantine fashion, the housewives are dressed in Wang sweatpant suits while lounged at home, showing comfort is really the style of choice of the moment.
This isn't the first time the group of women have crossed over into the high fashion circuit. Back when Lisa Vanderpump was on the show, the Real Housewives of Beverly Hill
famously appeared in Lady Gaga's music video for "G.U.Y." not to mention the three-season run of Yolanda Hadid, mother of Gigi and Bella.
While it remains unclear if the new Wang series is connected to an upcoming release—the designer notoriously moved his collections off the fashion calendar last year—one thing is certain: we know what we're wearing when the new season of RHOBH
starts." "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
viewers won’t see Kyle Richards and Denise Richards make up on season 11, but according to the OG, the two women buried the hatchet behind-the-scenes.
“I never like leaving things hanging and having, you know, loose ends like that. And I’ve texted with her since then and we’re good,” the 51-year-old Bravo star exclusively told Us Weekly
about her post-reunion relationship with Denise, 49. “We’re in a good place, but I would have loved to come back and work through all that, but you know, it didn’t end up that way but we can work it out off camera.”
Kyle, who joined Us
to chat about Annual Mammogram Day, added that her biggest regret of the season was calling Denise a “ragamuffin” during a fight about glam.
“I said it in a not nice tone, that’s what I regret,” she explained. “But the word, honestly, my mom used to always, you know, call me a little ragamuffin. … It wasn’t like a horrible word, you know what I mean? It was just that night that I was, like, having a meltdown and I just didn’t like the tone. It didn’t feel like myself.”
Denise announced she wasn’t returning for season 11 of RHOBH
after season 10 focused on allegations she had an affair with Brandi Glanville, which she repeatedly denied. Kyle, who sided with Brandi, 47, told Us
that season 10 of RHOBH
was her least favorite to film.
“I mean, we had our highest ratings. Our ratings were off the charts, but it was really one of my least favorite seasons, to be honest, just for me personally,” she admitted. “When there’s crazy stuff going on, [the audience loves it], but it creates a lot of anxiety for me. And I was really exhausted because I was filming Halloween
movie at the same time and filming the Housewives
and launching my clothing line, Kyle and Shahida.”
The former child actress added that she didn’t think she “handled” everything well as she tried to balance it all.
“I felt exhausted. I looked exhausted, and I hated everything that was going on with the drama with women,” she said. “It was just too much. So, I’m happy to, like, start fresh.”
While Kyle played coy about the cameras rolling again, she told Us
that her costars will join her at the Bedford Breast Center on Saturday, October 24, for an event bringing attention to the importance of early detection during Breast Cancer Awareness Month in honor of her late mother, Kathleen Richards.
“We nominated women [for free mammograms] that we felt, you know, were very deserving of and were in the position to go and get a mammogram,” she explained. “So, it’s nice. And Lisa Rinna is going to be there with me because we both go to the Bedford Breast Center, so she’ll be there and one or two of my sisters.”
“It used to get me so upset when lies were out there about me,” Richards, 51, told Us Weekly
exclusively on Thursday, October 22, while championing Annual Mammogram Day at the Bedford Breast Center. “I’m gonna get myself so worked up and so emotional. And now, I really just like — oh, my God. I can’t believe it. But this [new] one threw us for a loop. This last one, because we didn’t know [about it], I don’t have a Google alert or anything either.”
“We posted a picture in Aspen together and somebody wrote in the comments, ‘I’m so glad to see all the rumors aren’t true.’ And [Mauricio] looked at me and he said, ‘What are they talking [about in] this comment?’ And I was like, ‘I don’t know. Let’s Google.’ We were like, ‘What?’ And then, like, a week later, people were texting me [and saying], ‘I hope everything’s OK. I was like, ‘Oh, my God.’”
The California native discovered that the social media rumor claimed that a West Coast-based Housewife recently split from her husband and was having an “extended ‘hot girl summer.’” Richards, however, insisted to Us
that the person being described “wasn’t me.”
Richards spilled on how the longtime couple have been holding up during the coronavirus pandemic. “There have been a couple of moments where I’m like, ‘Oh, my God, he talks so loud.’ He’s always on the phone,” she told Us
on Thursday. “But for the most part, we were just saying the other night, like, ‘You know, going through something like this, you really realize the people that you really miss and the people that you really don’t.’”
The reality star continued, “And I was like, ‘I’m really, like, OK, like, not, like, seeing as many people.’ And I’m like, ‘How was it that we’re married 25 years?’ And we’re still hanging out together. [It] really is amazing to me. It was a shock, but we still like hanging out together.”
Instead of focusing on baseless rumors about her marriage, Richards is setting her attention on Annual Mammogram Day at the Bedford Breast Center on Saturday, October 24. During Breast Cancer Awareness month, the Bravolebrity is partnering with her longtime breast surgeon, Dr. Heather Richardson, to raise awareness to early detection of the disease. Deserving women nominated by the Dr. Susan Love Foundation will receive a free mammogram at Bedford Breast Center.
Richards got involved in the cause because of her late mother, Kathleen Richards, who died from the illness in 2002.
“I lost my mom to breast cancer 18 years ago. So, it’s really important to me to use my platform and my voice and get out there and remind women to get their mammograms and do a self-exam every single month, because you really can save your life,” she explained to Us
. “When I think about the fact that my mom did not have a mammogram for five years because she was afraid, it tortures me, you know? So, I don’t want other women to suffer like that or their loved ones to suffer too.” NEW YORK
"Dave Portnoy’s Bravo crossover appears to be fan fiction.
The Barstool Sports honcho, also known as “El Presidente,” recently denied rumors that he and “The Real Housewives of New York” star Ramona Singer previously hung out together in the Hamptons.
“Who the f–k is Ramona Singer,” Portnoy responded via an Instagram message, which was obtained Thursday by Deuxmoi.
In the original claim, which was also posted to Deuxmoi’s Instagram story, Singer was said to be at a Hamptons haunt some time ago and Portnoy was in attendance as well.
Portnoy then doubled down in his Instagram message, “Umm no. I did not hang out with her.”
Page Six is also told that Singer does not know Portnoy."
"Alicia Quarles is joining the third hour of “Good Morning America,” sources tell Page Six.
We hear the stylish anchor, who is a senior news correspondent on the syndicated “DailyMailTV” show five days a week, will appear on the ABC show twice a week as a contributor.
The morning show, which originally starred Michael Strahan and Sara Haines at its inception in 2018 and added Keke Palmer in 2019, was put on hiatus at the beginning of March due to the coronavirus.
“Strahan, Sara and Keke” was replaced with a harder news programming during the pandemic with Amy Robach as a host. The program has now been rebranded as “GMA3: What You Need To Know.” T.J. Holmes started Sept. 21 as a co-anchor.
Prior to “DailyMailTV,” Quarles, 38, appeared on “E! News” for three years before departing in 2015.
Quarles didn’t immediately return Page Six’s request for comment." BRAVO
"Tyra Banks would welcome the first ladies of Bravo to the ballroom any time.
Banks, 46, would love to see a “Real Housewives” star win the mirror ball trophy despite a report from earlier this week that claimed she wanted to ban the women from competing on “Dancing with the Stars.”
“This is 100 percent untrue,” her longtime publicist, Elana Rose of the Rose Group, told Page Six on Thursday. “She’s a huge fan of the ‘Housewives’ and everyone knows Tyra is a businesswoman first. As a businesswoman, why would she say anything against the ‘Housewives’? She has nothing to do with casting.”
We’re told that Banks even “just tried to get one of her really good friends on the ‘Housewives!’ She watches the shows. She loves them.”
The model turned mogul is also quite familiar with some of Bravo’s stars as she used to model with Cynthia Bailey and Eva Marcelle got her start on “America’s Next Top Model.” We’re told she’s also a huge fan of NeNe Leakes.
Banks’ affinity for the network doesn’t stop there.
“She loves Andy [Cohen],” Rose said. “She’s been on ‘Watch What Happens Live’ several times. She’s a huge fan of the Clubhouse.”
The Tyra Banks Company Chairman and CEO most recently visited the clubhouse as a guest alongside Marcille in February.
Perhaps Banks will take former “RHONY” star Bethenny Frankel up on her offer to chat on her new podcast, “Just B with Bethenny Frankel.”
The Skinnygirl mogul, 49, tweeted on Thursday — after criticizing the now-debunked report — that she’s “welcome anytime as she has built a successful brand on her own in her own way.”
"Bethenny Frankel slammed the “Dancing with the Stars” host after a report from OK! Magazine claimed that Banks, 46, “made it clear that she didn’t want any more ‘Housewives’ in her ballroom… Tyra has never been a fan of the ‘Housewives,’ but the real reason she doesn’t want them on her show is that Bethenny Frankel, NeNe Leakes and Teresa Giudice do not make headlines anymore.”
In a tweet that was quickly deleted, Frankel, 49, wrote, “Good to know tyrabanks has clumped me in her no more housewives mandate on DancingABC. Also good to know-their casting director Deena, who I <3 has asked me to be on that show multiple x in the last decade. I’m also no longer a housewife, but nobody is bigger than the game Tyra.”
She later clarified why she deleted her comment by tweeting, “I deleted that last post Bc I really like & have a great relationship with Deena Katz from #DWTS. If tyrabanks wants to come on my podcast, she is welcome anytime as she has built a successful brand on her own in her own way. #justbwithbethenny.” ORANGE COUNTY
During an interview with Access Hollywood
on Tuesday, the Real Housewives of Orange County
star revealed that, among other things, she is "coming to terms with different parts" of her sexuality during this time."
"Right now I'm protective of this — I'm not blasting it out everywhere — but there's definitely parts of me that I quelched with alcohol and I never really admitted to myself," said Windham-Burke, who recently said she is sober after identifying herself as an alcoholic during the RHOC
season premiere earlier this month.
"I grew up in a different time than my kids are, and so I'm just giving myself the time and the grace to figure out who I am, to be as authentic as I can to myself," she continued, adding that at age 42, she's realized "there's a lot more things about me that I never gave myself the ability to really look into."
Earlier this week, Windham-Burke told Entertainment Tonight
during a home tour that Burke is not currently living with her as they "redefine what marriage means to us." The couple share toddlers Hazel, 2, and Koa, 4; twins Caden and Curran, 7; and teens Jacob, 15, Rowan, 18, and Bella, 20.
Though they aren't living under the same roof, she told Access Hollywood
that they are planning on remaining together.
"We're still together and I know it's hard for a lot of people to understand," she said. "We're happily married, we plan on staying happily married."
"There's just a lot going on in our lives right now and for a lot of different reasons we just think that we need some space right now to work on ourselves to get through our own issues," the reality star further explained. "It's good to not be together — it is the right choice. I love him dearly but I need to get through what I'm going through right now and I need to do it on my own."
As for whether they have plans to reunite anytime soon, Windham-Burke said she prefers to take things one day at a time at the moment.
"One of my ways of living right now is one day at a time, and I'm applying that to all aspects of my life. I'm not going to worry about a year from now until a year from now," she said. "Sean is my first phone call in the morning and my last phone call before I go to bed. I love him dearly, he is my person but there's just a lot more going on right now."
"Recently, she was spotted with Flip or Flop
cast member Tarek El Moussa and his fiance, Heather Rae Young, of Selling Sunset
. Does that mean she has plans to join the Netflix series? “So we’re just friends. That’s it. We’re just friends,” Tamra explained. “Heather moved to Newport to be with Tarek and she doesn’t have a lot of friends out here. She’s into fitness and I’m getting into possibly flipping houses.”
Tamra revealed she wanted some advice from Tarek. She’s currently embarking on her career in flipping homes in Southern California. Tarek has made a successful career out of it.
“Of course, Tarek is full of knowledge when it comes to that,” Tamra said.
“I have been approached by another network and I’m just taking my time,” the VENA CBD founder said. “I’ll let you know when I know everything is solid.” POTOMAC
On the October 18 episode of The Real Housewives of Potomac,
the couple had a deep conversation about how they’ve both changed as people over the course of their relationship, which resulted in Ray saying, “I was just wondering whether you realize that some of this fame and fortune has gone to your head.”
“Look, I am one big bubble of an ego, OK? Hello! So that shouldn’t even be a question,” the grande dame said in the video above when asked how she felt about Ray’s comment. “I think it was the success. I was hungry for the success. I wanted to make my parents proud, and that’s what really took me away from my marriage, the memory of them. How I was raised. What I was taught to do. If you’re going to do something, you’ve got to give it your best.”
Karen also spoke about how her career has affected the couple.
“It certainly had an impact on us, because I’m dedicated to my brand. I’m dedicated to building my business one stone at a time, and I was guilty of not striking a balance with that, and it did not help my marriage at all. I think it made Ray feel less important to me, which was not the case,” she said. SALT LAKE CITY
If you can’t wait until “The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City” premieres on Nov. 11, well, you don’t have to. Bravo is offering a couple of sneak-peek, drive-in events — including one in Utah.
Scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 7, at 8 p.m. in the parking lot adjacent to the Vivint Smart Home Arena at 301 S. Temple, the event will feature a “winter wonderland,” “Real Housewives” trivia, free snack boxes and a special greeting from “Housewives” executive producer Andy Cohen, in addition to a screening of the first episode of “The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City.”
Tickets are free, but you must reserve a ticket online at rhoslc.eventbrite.com
." ATLANTA NEW JERSEY
submitted by readingrachelx
to RHDiscussion [link] [comments]
2020.10.22 17:04 mctheebs How It Could've Gone Down: A Reimagining of S8 (Episode 6 - Part 2)
Catch up here with Episode 1
, Episode 2
, Episode 3
, Episode 4
, Episode 5
, and Episode 6 - part 1
. MEANWHILE IN THE THRONE ROOM
SANSA stands before DANY in chains. She looks dirty and tired but has a quiet dignity about her. She stares straight at the queen holding her prisoner with contempt in her eyes. GREY WORM stands next to DANY, who is seated on the throne, with a line of UNSULLIED behind him. TYRION and VARYS stand further off to one side.
DANY tells SANSA that she is accused of collaborating with CERSEI and undermining DANY’s effort to claim the IRON THRONE. She goes on to say that though the punishment for such betrayal would be death under normal circumstances, she wants to create a better, more peaceful and just kingdom and so is graciously offering to pardon SANSA of all her past crimes if she agrees to bend the knee to her and pledge both her own loyalty and the loyalty of the NORTHMEN to DANY.
EVERYONE is basically holding their breath waiting for SANSA’s answer. She glances back at the people watching in the back and looks over at TYRION, who silently pleads for her to agree, then moves on to GREY WORM, who stares at her with naked scorn before finally comes back to DANY, whose face is a neutral mask. SANSA says that she will not.
DANY blinks, clearly not expecting that answer. TYRION scrambles before the throne and tries to smooth things over, but SANSA cuts him off and says that she will not bend the knee and neither will the NORTHMEN. She says that she would rather die than serve a queen like her. DANY turns to GREY WORM and tells him to oblige the lady by taking her to the DRAGONPITS.
GREY WORM and the UNSULLIED take SANSA and lead her out of the THRONE ROOM. OUTSIDE THE RED KEEP
The sun appears to be setting. The UNSULLIED lead a procession of SANSA, GREY WORM, DANY, TYRION, and everyone else who was in the THRONE ROOM through the city to the DRAGONPIT. As they walk, TYRION begs SANSA to change her mind, telling her that if she dies, the NORTHMEN will take up arms and everyone who survives will almost certainly be wiped out by the ARMY OF THE DEAD. SANSA says that perhaps it’s better that they all get wiped out because it is only a matter of time before they die by DANY’s hand. ARYA follows the procession by sneaking around through alleyways and rooftops like she’s the main character of Assassin’s Creed: Westeros.
They get to the DRAGONPIT and DROGON and RHAEGAL look up like they’ve just been woken up from a nap. GREY WORM marches SANSA into the center of the pit. DANY asks her if she has any final words. Snow falls gently around her as the last light of the sun disappears. She says winter has come. DANY gives the order to burninate and the dragons light SANSA up, briefly illuminating the pit before it falls back into thick, black darkness.
ARYA watches her sister’s body collapse into a smoldering heap from a distance and a brief flicker of sorrow passes over her face before disappearing behind a wall of cold calculation. She starts heading toward the NORTHMEN’s camp. MEANWHILE IN THE THRONE ROOM
SAM TARLY comes running in as fast as his legs could carry him to bring the news of the ARMY OF THE DEAD’s arrival. He calls out for DANY and is horrified to see that the throne room is empty. He looks around and can’t find any sign of anyone. LATER IN THE NORTHMEN’S CAMP
ARYA steps into the camp, which is lit by a crackling campfire and a ring of torches. The wind blows and a light snow falls. She calls the men to arms and tells them that SANSA STARK has been executed by the dragon queen. The NORTHMEN are fucking furious because SANSA was actually really good at her job and they get their swords and armor together and start marching on KING’S LANDING. IN THE RED KEEP
SAM nearly falls down the stairs as he flies through the castle trying to find anyone important to tell that the attack from the ARMY OF THE DEAD is imminent. He nearly runs straight into DAVOS, who is wandering around the castle contemplating his many regrets and sputters out to him that the ARMY OF THE DEAD is about to attack and they need to prepare to defend the city. DAVOS looks like he’s about to puke his guts up and the two of them run through the castle trying to find anyone else who can rally the defenses. They find THE HOUND and BRIENNE and GENDRY sitting around drinking and SAM and DAVOS tell them that it’s time to defend the city, as the ARMY OF THE DEAD is finally attacking. THE HOUND makes some crack about how it’s taken them long enough and he’s happy to get things over with. They get up and run to begin preparing the defenses. THE IRON GATE OF KINGS LANDING
Several UNSULLIED pace back and forth on patrol on the rampart, trying not to freeze their non-existent nuts off in the dark. ARYA scales the wall with a rope and grappling hook and silently dispatches them with a couple strokes of her knife. She then creeps down the other side of the wall and opens the gates for the pissed off hoard of scorned Northerners.
They come pouring into the city and the other UNSULLIED guards are quick to notice their approach. They sound the alarm, alerting the other guards on patrol. Though they are greatly outnumbered, they quickly form a phalanx and try to hold off the very motivated NORTHMEN. ARYA gets in on the action, slicing and dicing UNSULLIED as good as anyone else. As they fight, the wind gets harsher and the snow falls heavier. THE NORTHMEN seem to be successful in pushing the UNSULLIED back and are well on their way to cutting a path to the RED KEEP. JUST OUTSIDE OF KINGS LANDING
THE ARMY OF THE DEAD stands in a line, staring at the high walls of the city with dead eyes. They look as if they are only a couple hours of marching away. Among their numerous ranks are many, many familiar faces. Basically, everyone who was killed over the course of the series in WESTEROS outside of KING’S LANDING and not incinerated. This includes HODOR, JAMIE LANNISTER (whose body was unceremoniously dumped by ARYA when she stole his face), CATEYLN STARK, ROBB STARK (with a wolf head sewn onto his body), and a bunch of others. They all stand at the ready as WHITE WALKERS marshal them from their mounts. Several giant zombies are among their ranks as well, towering over the other undead. The ZOMBIE DRAGON roars overhead with the NIGHT KING mounted on it. He gives the order from above and the dead start their final march on the capital city of WESTEROS. VERY SLIGHTLY LATER IN THE THRONE ROOM
The THRONE ROOM is frigid and lit by torches, as the sun is completely extinguished. Even with all the efforts to keep warm, everyone’s breath hangs in the air as they speak. DANY sits on the IRON THRONE as SAM TARLY stands before her with BRAN at his side and tells her that the ARMY OF THE DEAD’s attack is imminent and they need to prepare for defense right now and that every second they waste is one that hurts their already slim chances of survival. VARYS and TYRION stand off to the side, watching. DANY asks why she should trust the brother and friend of a traitor to advise her. SAM grows more urgent, saying that this is bigger than the IRON THRONE, that this is a fight for all of humanity’s survival, and that the hundreds of thousands of people living in KING’S LANDING will die if they don’t do anything to protect them. As DANY considers this, an UNSULLIED messenger enters the throne room and whispers something to GREY WORM, who then announces that ARYA STARK is leading the NORTHMEN in an attack on the RED KEEP right now as they speak.
DANY tells GREY WORM to rally the troops to defend against ARYA’s uprising and to leave behind some UNSULLIED to guard SAM and BRAN, who are obviously traitors collaborating with ARYA. SAM begs and pleads and screams for her to listen to him. BRAN speaks up and tells him that it’s no use, that she won’t listen then slips into warg mode. Disgusted, TYRION leaves. OUTSIDE THE RED KEEP
ARYA leads the NORTHMEN, fucking shit up as they go and taking minimal losses as they still have the element of surprise on their side and the DOTHRAKI serving as guards aren’t very good at fighting in the snow. Just as they get to the gates of the RED KEEP, GREY WORM shows up with a whole shitload of UNSULLIED, who are in formation with their shields and spears ready to fuck up the NORTHMEN. MEANWHILE IN THE DUNGEON
JON SNOW sits in the dark, staring at the wall, having done nothing this entire time. The door opens and TYRION stands holding JON’s sheath and sword. JON asks if he’s been pardoned. TYRION says no. JON asks if the ARMY OF THE DEAD is attacking. TYRION says he thinks so, but that’s not why he’s being released. He holds out the sword for JON to take and says that she’s not suited to ruling, that he should have known it long before now. That each minor transgression was only a little worse than the one before. That it was still justice to some degree. But each time it got a little harder to excuse and that he began to doubt a little more that he would be able to steer her in the right direction. TYRION says that he knows he still loves her, but it’s a love that it will never be. JON sighs and takes the sword and looks down at it. He shakes his head and says he dun want it, that he doesn’t care what some old book says or what his half-mad brother says, he’s a Stark. TYRION says that simply is not so and regardless, even if it were true it would not matter, fate has ordained him to be in this place at this time. TYRION goes on to ramble in an Emmy-bait monologue a little bit about fate and how when he was younger he used to hate the idea of fate because he was born a dwarf and fated to a life as an outsider full of suffering, but has come to understand that fate is neither good nor bad, that is merely is and the best thing we can do is accept our place in its designs, the same way we accept the winds and the waves when we are sailing. He tells JON that this is his fate. That he must do this to save the thousands of people living in KING’S LANDING and the many more still alive in WESTEROS. He says that it might still not be enough, but he must still do his duty and play his role regardless. JON looks down at the blade again and asks where SANSA is. TYRION looks down and shakes his head. He says ARYA’s name. TYRION says she’s currently leading the NORTHMEN against DANY right now as they speak and the ARMY OF THE DEAD is going to attack any moment. JON sighs and nods. MEANWHILE BACK AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE RED KEEP
THE NORTHMEN and ARYA are not doing so great. THE UNSULLIED march steadily toward them in a phalanx. They try to retreat backward only to find their exit cut off by a bunch of mounted DOTHRAKI in the yard. The two forces press in and start cutting into the NORTHMEN’s ranks. Before they’re able to kill too many, the air turns even colder and all of the torches go out. The warriors, even the brainwashed UNSULLIED, all stop fighting and stiffen as the ZOMBIE DRAGON roars in the distance and they hear the screaming chaos of the ARMY OF THE DEAD bringing winter to KING’S LANDING. MEANWHILE IN THE THRONE ROOM
TYRION opens the door and JON enters with his sword in hand. SAM and VARYS immediately realize what is about to happen. The two UNSULLIED SPEARMEN that are supposed to be guarding SAM and BRAN fan out and raise their weapons to JON. DANY orders them to kill the traitor. They attack JON, who is wobbly and weak from being in prison for several days. A BUNCH OF PLACES ALL AT ONCE
Intercut with JON’s fight with these two spearmen, which he is barely able to defend himself in, are two additional scenes: ARYA, the NORTHMEN, GREY WORM, the UNSULLIED, and the DOTHRAKI in the COURTYARD drawing dragonglass weapons and immediately scrambling to the defense of the RED KEEP as hoards of UNDEAD climb over the walls and pour through the gate ARYA and the NORTHMEN had conveniently left open and THE HOUND, BRIENNE, GENDRY, DAVOS, and YARA trying to defend one of the RAMPARTS of the RED KEEP as the ARMY OF THE DEAD swarm and try to climb the walls. JON is on the ropes mostly and both parties fighting the ARMY OF THE DEAD are barely able to keep themselves alive as they take heavy losses of mooks and it’s looking pretty bad for the characters we actually give a shit about.
JON takes a few good hits but manages to stay on his feet. He cuts down one of the UNSULLIED but the other one gets the drop on him and wounds him rather seriously. Before the warrior could finish the job, the coward of the county SAM TARLY shanks him from behind and rescues his friend. JON strides toward DANY, who rises from the throne and first tells him to think about what he is doing, how he pledged his loyalty to her as his queen. As he gets closer, DANY, in a megalomanic fury, screams for her dragons and swears that she will kill JON if it is the last thing she does, even if it means burning down all of KING’S LANDING right before he sinks his sword straight through her heart. Tears run down JON’s cheeks as he looks into DANY’s dying eyes, once again watching the woman he loves die right in front of him. He tears the blade from her, and it ignites, becoming the legendary sword LIGHTBRINGER. Everyone else in the room shits multiple bricks. IN THE DRAGONPIT
DROGON and RHEGAL shriek, as if they know that their mother has just been murdered. They come bursting out of the DRAGONPIT in a blast of fire and start indiscriminately burning down KING’S LANDING, which just so happens to be infested with hundreds of thousands of zombies that are extremely flammable. Though they are definitely also killing innocent people as well, this indiscriminate rain of hellfire is actually just what the doctor ordered. MEANWHILE IN THE COURTYARD OF THE RED KEEP
ARYA, GREY WORM, THE NORTHMEN, THE UNSULLIED, and THE DOTHRAKI get attacked from all sides by a tidal wave of zombie foot soldiers. GREY WORM calls for them to retreat inside as the dragons roar overhead and blast fire down on the city. THE ZOMBIE DRAGON roars and blindsides RHEGAL, knocking it out of the sky and sending it crashing down into the city, leveling several blocks of buildings on impact. A hoard of undead swarm the dragon like ants on an ice cream cone. RHEGAL thrashes and shoots jets of flames from its mouth, but eventually falls still as the sheer numbers overwhelm it. EVERYONE runs into the RED KEEP.
ARYA and GREY WORM fight side by side against the dead. In the narrow halls of the castle, the UNSULLIED are able to form a tight phalanx and generally keep the ARMY OF THE DEAD from advancing too far inside, though they can’t hold them off forever. GREY WORM says that he needs to go make sure the queen is safe and retreats further into the castle toward the THRONE ROOM. MEANWHILE ON THE RAMPARTS
THE ARMY OF THE DEAD is not as numerous on the RAMPARTS, though they are giving everyone up there a run for their money. They all get a good view of the NIGHT KING, mounted on the ZOMBIE DRAGON, knock RHEGAL out of the sky. DAVOS screams that they need to man the scorpions and try to shoot the dragon down. They all start fighting their way toward the line of scorpions on the battlements. IN THE THRONE ROOM
JON looks down at the burning sword and up at everyone else. He asks what they should do and they all look at him like “I dunno you’re the one with the magic sword, dude”. BRAN says that THE NIGHT KING will come to find him because the THREE EYED RAVEN is the living record of the world of the living and in order to remake the world that record needs to be erased. JON says that BRAN must be protected at all costs and says they need to barricade the door.
Just as they’re about to close the throne room doors, GREY WORM comes running in with his sword and spear. He immediately notices that DANY is dead and JON is standing steps away from her corpse holding a flaming sword. Fury overtakes his body and he charges JON with a rage that only a man who has lost everything that has given his life hope and joy can have.
In spite of being even worse for wear than before, JON is able to dodge GREY WORM’s attack and counter with a blow of his own. GREY WORM tries to block, but it’s almost like JON has a magic sword or something and cuts straight through the steel of GREY WORM’s short sword. JON follows up by slicing through GREY WORM’s chest, dropping him to the floor in a smoldering heap.
Everyone else looks at him, completely speechless. He calls for them to close the door and bar it and runs over to help them. MEANWHILE ON THE RAMPART
THE HOUND, BRIENNE, GENDRY, YARA, AND DAVOS along with a dwindling crew of UNSULLIED fight their way over to the scorpion. THE ZOMBIE DRAGON flies overhead, raining blue fire down on the RED KEEP. An entire tower comes crashing down and falls into the blackwater bay with a boom. GENDRY, YARA, and DAVOS take up a position on the scorpion, as the three of them need to work together to properly aim, shoot, and reload the massive ballista. They try to line up a shot on the ZOMBIE DRAGON and miss while THE HOUND and BRIENNE dig in and defend them. Suddenly there’s a break in the action and the air gets noticeably colder. A WHITE WALKER appears at the end of the garrison with a whole posse of zombies. THE HOUND doesn’t even have the energy to make some nihilistic joke. Instead, they just take a breath and stay focused. The undead foot soldiers charge them as the WHITE WALKER casually approaches them and THE HOUND and BRIENNE are holding them off, dispatching them one by one until BRIENNE freezes in place, realizing that one of her attackers is JAIME LANNISTER’s corpse. Tears stream from her eyes and she can’t bring herself to swing her sword at the reanimated corpse of the man she loved. THE HOUND turns and dispatches JAIME for her and sends him careening over the edge of the wall. He’s about to say something about leaving the past behind when an icicle goes through his chest as the WHITE WALKER took advantage of the momentary distraction. BRIENNE flies into a rage as she watches THE HOUND drop and charges the WHITE WALKER with her Valyrian steel sword, Oathkeeper. After a brief duel, she bests the WHITE WALKER and a bunch of the nearby zombies hit the ground lifeless as a result of their master being killed. MEANWHILE IN THE HALL OF THE RED KEEP
The line of UNSULLIED spearmen are getting overwhelmed. ARYA watches as the undead pound against the shield wall. She turns and sees that they are getting flanked by another mob, that the DOTHRAKI are trying their best to defend themselves but are simply not the same warriors without their horses. The NORTHMEN are holding their own, but it’s clearly only a matter of time before they all tire out as well. She calls for them to fight their way further into the castle, but nobody is really able to get anywhere. ARYA realizes that if she stays here in this hall, she is going to die and takes off, weaving through the crowd, and dispatching the undead blocking her way as she runs further into the castle.
She turns a corner and finds her path blocked by a WHITE WALKER with a small entourage of undead. Among them are CATELYN STARK and ROBB STARK. ARYA raises her dagger in preparation to defend herself, but her hand is shaking. The WHITE WALKER seems to sense her fear and gives a smarmy little frozen smirk before giving the order for them to attack.
ARYA tries to defend herself from the undead, but cannot bring herself to stab the corpse of her dead mother and brother. Instead, she starts to run. She jukes her way past the WHITE WALKER, who strolls after her while zombie CATYLN and ROBB tear after her. She turns into a room and leaps through a window into the courtyard. MEANWHILE IN THE THRONE ROOM
JON stands with LIGHTBRINGER. They’ve sealed the door to the throne room shut. TYRION, SAM, and VARYS stare at the door. TYRION sighs and says there must be something more they can do. JON says that he’s welcome to suggest any ideas. TYRION turns and looks at BRAN and says that there must be more they can do with his omnipotence. DROGON roars and passes by one of the shattered windows blasting fire. TYRION says off handedly that the dragon would be much more useful to them if they were able to somehow control it. BRAN blinks as he remembers what the THREE EYED RAVEN said to him long ago: you will not walk again, but you will fly. BRAN goes into warg mode. IN THE SKY OVER KING’S LANDING
DROGON roars in pain and thrashes in the air as it tries to resist the mental assault. Then its eyes turn GREY as BRAN takes control of its body. DROGON/BRAN turns around and starts raining fire down the hoards of undead, incinerating them by the hundreds. A funnel of blue fire catches DROGON in the side, though the dragon manages to stay in the air. DROGON loops around and comes barreling at the ZOMBIE DRAGON, but the NIGHT KING is an ace pilot and is able to evade in time. IN THE COURTYARD
ARYA tries to escape but finds all her paths of exit cut off by piles of rubble, fire, and/or shrieking masses of undead soldiers. Cornered, she holds her Valyrian steel dagger at the ready as CATYLN and ROBB catch up with the WHITE WALKER leisurely walking toward her. ARYA breathes and all emotion vanishes from her face. She quietly apologizes before she lunges forward and quickly and effortlessly dispatches her dead brother and mother. The WHITE WALKER looks somewhat surprised at this development and takes a swipe at her. ARYA dips and counters, only to have her strike blocked. She pivots away, plants a foot on the wall and springs off it to leap toward the WHITE WALKER, who catches her by the throat with one hand and grabs her knife-wrist with the other. She does her stupid little knife switcheroo and shanks the WHITE WALKER, saving herself. She starts running back toward the RED KEEP to find another way to escape. ON THE RAMPART
YARA, DAVOS, and GENDRY reload the ballista with a dragonglass bolt after missing another shot at the ZOMBIE DRAGON. They watch as DROGON begins fighting the undead dragon in the air as the darkness is illuminated by glowing columns of blue and yellow fire. The ZOMBIE DRAGON evades a charge from DROGON and GENDRY fires the ballista, piercing the ZOMBIE DRAGON through the side. The ZOMBIE DRAGON drops out of the sky and crashes into the tower of the hand, taking the NIGHT KING with it. The crew on the RAMPART cheer at the successful hit. They then turn the ballista onto the crowd of undead and blast apart a zombie giant and exhaust the remainder of the ammo. They then start hurrying back into the RED KEEP where it’s marginally safer.
DROGON flys over to the crumbling wreck of the tower and rains fire down on it in an effort to melt the NIGHT KING. Everything seems to grow still. The ARMY OF THE DEAD freezes in place. Then chunks of rubble fall and come crashing down to earth. THE NIGHT KING stands up and raises his arms, reanimating all of the freshly dead in KING’S LANDING who weren’t burned to death. IN THE THRONE ROOM
The two UNSULLIED guards and DANY rise again, though GREY WORM conspicuously remains dead. They shriek and go sprinting toward BRAN, but JON is able to dispatch them quickly and easily as a single stroke of his sword causes them to collapse and burst into flames. JON winces and groans. Clearly, all this action is taking a toll on him. He looks at the wound he took from his fight with the UNSULLIED and sees that he’s lost quite a bit of blood.
A thump sounds on the door to the throne room. A second one sounds, this one louder than the first. The thumps become louder and more frequent. The wood begins to splinter and crack. Everyone is watching the door and holding their breath. JON raises his sword. SAM holds his dagger at the ready. Even TYRION and VARYS pick up weapons off the floor to defend themselves although let’s be real what are they gonna do? The doors crack and there’s a glimpse of the many undead frantic to get in. After several tense moments of steady pounding, the bar on the door splits and the undead come pouring in with zombie HODOR leading the charge of a pack of all manner of undead, including recently killed UNSULLIED, DOTHRAKI, and NORTHMEN.
JON starts cutting his way through them but it’s clear that even with the advantage of LIGHTBRINGER and the modest help that everyone else in the throne room can offer, there’s too many of them. Just as JON is about to be overwhelmed, a white furry torpedo comes shooting through the pack and GHOST comes to JON’s rescue. Immediately on the heels of the goodest boy in WESTEROS is BRIENNE, DAVOS, YARA, GENDRY, and ARYA, who all converge on the throne room and start hacking and slashing their way through the crowd.
A lull in the battle occurs and JON pants and shakes. The others don’t look much better. JON tells them that they need to protect BRAN at all costs, who is still warged into DROGON and is taking care of the lion’s share of the undead by burning them all with dragon fire. They nod and hunker down around BRAN with their weapons at the ready.
The air grows colder. All of the nearby fires dim, save for the burning blade of LIGHTBRINGER. THE NIGHT KING enters the throne room flanked by two WHITE WALKERS and an entire battalion of undead with him.
There is a tense moment that seems to stretch on for forever, where the forces of the living stare into the glowing blue eyes of the forces of the dead. GHOST snarls and that seems to break the spell. Both sides go charging toward each other. JON faces down the NIGHT KING as BRIENNE and ARYA each take a WHITE WALKER, as they both have Valyrian steel weapons. YARA, GENDRY, TYRION, VARYS, SAM, DAVOS, and GHOST instead focus on fighting the dead that are attempting to surround them. The WHITE WALKERS and THE NIGHT KING work seamlessly together, their attacks building off one another while they cover each other’s blind spots. The humans aren’t looking too shabby either and at one point BRIENNE creates an opening for ARYA to kill the NIGHT KING. However, her Valyrian steel dagger does not cause him to shatter and he is justifiably annoyed at being stabbed, so sends her flying across the room with a punch, as his icicle sword is crossed with BRIENNE’s.
TYRION, VARYS, SAM and the others who are dealing with the basic undead are faltering. DAVOS, being an older man, is pushed to the limit of his stamina, is overwhelmed, and goes down. VARYS, being a courtesan with no combat experience, also goes down. BRIENNE is fighting two WHITE WALKERS and is hardly able to keep herself from getting impaled. JON is barely able to hold his sword up. He is distracted at the sight of ARYA getting her block knocked off and the NIGHT KING lunges for him. In a selfless act of pure love, GHOST, the boy that none of us deserve, leaps and takes the blow meant for JON. JON immediately avenges his best buddy in the whole world by chopping the NIGHT KING’s smirking blue head clean off his shoulders, causing the flame of LIGHTBRINGER to extinguish. He shatters and all of the WHITE WALKERS and the ARMY OF THE DEAD explode into bits of ice and chunks of flesh and bone, respectively.
JON gives a crazy, relieved laugh as everyone stands in shock that they actually survived the ordeal. He stumbles over to the IRON THRONE and says that he needs to rest a moment. He sits down and lays LIGHTBRINGER across his lap.
Before anyone could say anything, DROGON, still possessed by BRAN, comes crashing through what little remained of the throne room’s ceiling, scoops BRAN’s body in its talons, and goes flying away. By the time everyone has gotten over their shock, they turn and look at JON and realize that he’s dead, sitting on the IRON THRONE with a serene expression. WEEKS LATER, IN A PARTIALLY REBUILT RED KEEP
TYRION straightens out chairs for what feels like 25 minutes. Each chair is marked with a different symbol denoting a different region: The NORTH, The VALE, The IRON ISLANDS, The RIVERLANDS, The WESTERLANDS, The STORMLANDS, The REACH, and DORNE. TYRION sits in the seat marked WESTERLANDS and ARYA enters, taking her seat in THE NORTH, followed by YARA in the IRON ISLANDS, BRIENNE in the RIVERLANDS, GENDRY in The STORMLANDS, SAM TARLEY in The REACH, ROBIN in THE VALE, who survived THE LONG NIGHT by hiding in the mountains like an asshole, and in the DORNE seat some random Dornish woman, I don’t know call her one of the Sand Snakes, I guess. TYRION scolds everyone for being late and asks them how they are supposed to run the country if they can’t even convene the high council in a timely manner. YARA makes a joke about how if TYRION wants everyone to run on his schedule he should just make himself king and be done with it. TYRION chuckles and says he’s seen what’s happened to the last half dozen people that have tried to become king and says he’s happy where he is thank you very much. He continues and says that if they are done, they’ve got much to discuss as there is a lot of rebuilding that needs to be done. The camera pulls back to show that the table they are sitting at is actually located in the old throne room and that the IRON THRONE sits empty in front of them.
The camera pans out to show a crumbling RED KEEP in the process of being built with a sense of hope as the sun shines and melts the snow and ice that had accumulated over the very short but very cold winter.
Fade to black, credits begin rolling. After the main cast has been credited, cut to the following stinger: IN THE LAND OF ALWAYS WINTER
In a cave deep underground, DROGON lays curled up on the ground asleep. BRAN sits on the dragon as if it were a throne. The camera cuts to a close-up of BRAN’s greyed out warg trance eyes. Then he closes his eyes and the camera pulls back, revealing his skin has turned icy blue and his eyelids peel back to reveal that he has the same vivid blue eyes as the NIGHT KING, DROGON’s eyes open behind him revealing another set of vivid blue eyes and the camera cuts to black and the credits continue. Welp, that's it. That's my version of Season 8. Hopefully, you've found this version to be more enjoyable and that it leads to a more satisfying ending than what we got.
If you've made it this far and actually read the thousands of words I wrote and want to see more of my work, I invite you to listen (for free) to my teleplay performance of a modern language satire of Hamlet, which I've titled Hamlet 2020.
I also humbly ask you to consider supporting me on my Patreon so that I can dedicate more time to writing and creating art.
submitted by mctheebs
to freefolk [link] [comments]
2020.10.20 19:17 LITGS2Bobbyfan Best Girls LITGS2
She's such a sweetheart. She has her faults.During the party Day 10 part 3.She spills the beans about Lottie and Gary kissed. If you are in Gary's route, she will say to Lottie if your M.C friend than why did you snog Gary. When M.C likes him something liked that. Leads to another drama It feel liked she totally has M.C's back. Day 20 when Jo takes your LI and Elisa takes the guy you saved from being dumped. When you tell that you aren't worried about Henrik,Lucas,or Jakub. She will realized that you have eyes on someone else. She will say that they are fool not to see M.C as a catch.spills the bean what Elisa said about Jo and Riham the kiss during the date. Day 25 if Hannah choose the partner Chelsea was with. Yeah Chelsea not happy about that but ends up with Lucas or Henrik (if u don;t cheat on your LI) I don't know what she was muttering under her breath during Hannah speech to whomever Chelsea was with. I say she's true friend for M.C. What I realized she spilled the bean about Gary and Lottie kiss.But she didn't spill the bean on M.C and Gary sneaky kiss.
I know that there are people. Who doesn't like her. She's not a bad person. She's very helpful she had help my M.C for the recoupling on Day 3. Even which guy who is interested in M.C. If your on Gary's route has to be between Bobby or Riham to choose M.C. Because Gary already set to be couple up with Marisol. She also help Day 22 to tell M.C LI that she wants LI to choose him in the recouple. It just that they make it couple up with Noah more difficult. As I said before if Noah and Hope are going to be liked staying forever as a couple. Than Noah shouldn't be an option when M.C picks which guy she wants to be with Day 1. You know like Season 3 where Seb and Nicky are not available on romance for M.C Day 23 part 3 Gary calls Hope Hannah. But during the Truth Or Dare Challenge if you pick Gary which I thought it was funny he called Hope Carol.
Its always defaulted that whoever is M.C LI. Pirya will steal LI away leaving M.C single. She shows that she confident and strong. But than you have to deal with Lottie and Pirya drama. When Bobby and Pirya are making plans for Operation Nope. If you choose not to be involved let Priya do it herself. When you see Hope on the rooftop terrace talk to her. There is an option where you can tell her what Pirya doing. Than be ready to deal with another drama. Now there is a gem scene where you can listen in on Noah and Pirya conversation. Where Noah talk about maybe considering choosing her in the recouple. But I wouldn't do it waste of gem. For disaster recoupling Noah couples up with her. Its funny though Henrik was in shock when that happened maybe hinted he was going to pick her. Riham jealousy was kicking in. If you take part of Operation Nope Noah couples with M.C and Pirya couple up with Henrik or Lucas. She pied Felix though when he tried to propose to her into taking him back to the Villa. Now who wants to make the theory that Noah and Pirya might have dated outside of Love Island.Where Chelsea who stole the secrets that hadn't been read found out about Noah ex. Who name happened to be Pirya
First coming onto the island she appears sweet loves fiction. For some reason the guys didn't seem liked her. I guess they didn't like her imaginative mind. That's where Lottie and Gary kissed happen the day Hannah was dumped. Perhaps Hannah liked Gary I do not know what she said in the tweet. I guess she felt that Lottie backstabbed her with the kiss.When Hannah return she almost looks liked Lottie. I guess she thought that being liked Lottie maybe guys are interested in her. Though if there was an option if I wasn't on Gary's route. I would tell her to pursue Gary. Though people think that she and returning Henrik or Lucas are trying to break Gary and M.C apart. Not entirely true because no matter what route you are in. Returning Henrik or Lucas will still try and turn M.C head. Yeah gem scene don't choose to listen to Hannah's gossip. Because she will tell about you and LI getting frisky in the shower doing it. I guess when he called Hope Hannah guess he had that guilty conscience where he felt bad for being the one that sent Hannah packing in Day 3. During the wedding episode when dance with her she looks sad about it. Which meant that she might have feelings for M.C not as friends.
Confidence knows what to get. She is paired up with Riham Day 1. Of course he doesn't like it when she is analyzing him. She and Hannah tried to flatter Gary with breakfast. Though in the end Gary chooses her. She found no spark between Riham and Gary. Than there the incident where Rocco and Marisol share a kiss together. Which show she liked him. Than she went on started to end up crushing on Graham. Now she has a route. But I don't know the steps into getting her interested in M.C. All I know during the truth when she said opening dating woman as well. Choose the option about dating a woman or something. If with Graham she is dumped Day 26 but if couple up with M.C she stays till the end.
Sometimes I wondered if she really understands the Girl Code. Regardless what route you are on for Ladies choice she tells you not to choose Gary.during the recouple. Why does she only tell M.C that? She doesn't go telling Priya and Marisol that? She will ask if you are interested in Gary. If you choose "I'm interested in him" then she liked "Your just playing the game" liked her feelings for Gary for real. If you do the gem scene in the mean tweet challenge. You will learn Gary and Lottie kissed. But Chelsea will come and drop the news. If playing Gary's route for some reason she acts possessive believing that Gary and her are meant to be. As I said before. I doubt she even bothered to ask Gary if he really feels the same way about her. Though he did look liked he was interested in her when Jakub shake the Villa up with the recoupling pairing with Hope. She's not a bad person. I just think that when your on Gary's route she should let it go let Gary be happy for once. But her tea reading was very accurate. When she told my M.C I would rekindle with old flame and I have anchored in my relationship of course I knew it was Gary.But I didn't say it or Lottie might complain about that. Also was right when Henrik switched. Even if you are in Gary or somebody else route. I did a gem scene where we have a chat. She say something that the relationship between Bobby and her won't work out.I am going to assume if she was couple up with Gary (if not on his route) she would say the same thing about him. So it's a summer crush fling nothing serious. Beside during the Wedding, she and Gary aren't together if you choose someone to marry. She also mentions about moving to America. Where she said that its time for her to move on. Perhaps an unrequited love she had for M.C perhaps she liked her more than just friends. So she felt moving on so she can let it go move on.
If you kissed Hannah or Lottie they will talk about it Depends who goes home before the final. You have the option to run away with them during the wedding special. Though it be nice that there was an option to run away with either Bobby,Gary or Noah.
Enters the island along with Elisa Day 20. If you choose the gem scene where you talk to the girls to find out who they fancy. She will say that she interested in Riham. After the date then another drama begins the kiss situation. Where Jo denies that the two kiss. Than during part 3 of Day 21 Riham reveals that they kiss. If not on his route he will ask Jo to be his girlfriend on Day 23.
Enters the same day as Jo. Between her and Chelsea,they started the drama. Elisa tells Chelsea gossip about Riham and Jo kissing. Than calls Chelsea a gossip sneezer for sneezing out what Elisa told her. But I think the problem is Elisa shouldn't have been telling Chelsea about it. She should have spoken to Shannon. Also I think if you do something with Elisa that counts as cheating. If you don't tell LI about it. Than liked Returning Lucas or Henrik. She will tell your LI.
The day the girls left for Casa Amor. I am going to assume that she entered the Villa the same day that the girls left for Casa Amor. She had a strategy to stay with Riham.. After finding out about the kiss drama. I am going to guess she went after him the moment she came to the Villa. She did help M.C by teaching her how to tell when someone bluffing it was useful during Judge Bobby Court. On Day 22 after the recouple when Riham chose Jo. she is dumped along with Elisa. During the final you will see her (Lucas,Henrik,Jakub) whoever was dumped by Day 18 arguing and spent time in the hideaway maybe hinted little romancethere.
Alternatively Day 22 in Marisol route. When Marisol picks M.C. Graham will choose Shannon and Lucas will choose Elisa.
Nothing much to say about her. Everyone say she looks liked M.C. The first time I went to speak to her during the finale. Than she started being a jerk saying how M.C didn't make her feel welcome everything else all that stuff. Day 18 when she calls you over. Don't waste your gem on that. I did it. I thought that if I talk to her. She would change her tune about M.C be nice. However that wasn't the case. Even if I gave her an advice or being friendly with her. She still went on jerking how M.C wasn't friendly everything else that she should had been the one that won acting jealous. So I think they should had put if you are on Gary's route Bobby instead or if on Bobby route Gary instead of Blake.
submitted by LITGS2Bobbyfan
to LITGFandom [link] [comments]
2020.10.19 06:24 Grotesquette Episode 7, "Choices 2020" [POLL]
The queens walk back into the werk room, absolutely bewildered after the disqualification of their fellow queen, u/MaritessTrosper
"What the actual fuck?" Groans BQ. "Every single episode, there's a new piece of shit hitting the fan. And then that shit gets chopped up into a gazillion pieces and ends up hitting me. And maybe I'm tired of shit rain!"
Shasha nods. "Yeah... I really wish Mixed didn't try and trick us like that. She could've just asked for an All Winners season. Why would she lie to us about who she was?"
Swish sighs. "Well, I don't know about you all but this was such a fun challenge for me. And condragulations to our winner, u/StrawPedro
Everyone except Micro claps for Pedro, who smiles.
"Thanks guys! I can't believe I won this one. I was sooooo nervous for it, but now that I've got my second win I really feel like I can take on any challenge that comes my way. I don't feel anxious about this competition anymore, and it's about damn time!"
Swish begins to choke up. "You've overcome your saboteur, and I am so proud to see it... So proud!"
"Anyways" Micro interjects, her face adorned with a smile that doesn't quite reach her eyes. "That makes Pedro the first person to get two wins. Should've been me, if you asked me."
"Nobody asked you tho-" Pedro begins until she's cut off once again my Micro.
"I spent so much fucking money on this outfit, and hours on my tracklist, and all I have to show for it is a 'Micro great job, but no win.' Do you know how frustrating that is?"
"Try no wins" BQ grimaces. "Each week I feel like I'm on death row. It would be nice to be in your position right now."
"Well even though this is my first bottom, it still sucked." Shasha offers. "I honestly didn't feel like I deserved to be in the bottom. I thought it would've been Swish, if anyone else."
Swish rolls her eyes. "Well girl, that's big coming from the queen who had the same concept as Mixeditess except worse, and the worst tracklist of the night."
Talking Head: u/Swish_17
, "I'm tired of being undermined by these girls. Now's the time for me to show them that I'm not to be fucked with... EVER."
SPOILED DRAG RACE DRAG RACE
TONIGHT WITH SPECIAL GUEST, HOST OF FAGULA u/mattisnotvegan!!!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Electronic Music
Out of drag, the contestants pile into the werk room and gather around a table.
"So... What do you think the next challenge is going to be?" Micro wonders.
"I hope it's a design challenge." Shasha responds. "That's the sort of thing I really live for. Or like, maybe a dance challenge?"
Swish snorts. "Chile, please not a dance challenge. I don't want to go home again."
"In that case, I'm fine with a dance challenge!" Pedro laughs. Swish crosses her arms and pretends to pout. She already done had herses!
The girls gather around a large television screen, awaiting instruction.
Grotesquette: "Hey queens! In 2020, the world is becoming more and more complicated. There are so many different choices to make. We all make choices, but this is choices 2020, the presidential debate where we will determine America's next drag president! It's time for you to debate your fellow queen, and show Rumerica what kinds of churches you'll be making as their next President in queef!"
"Oh my God, that sounds like so much fun!" Pedro laughs.
"I know." BQ agrees. "Well, time for me to start working on my character and debate look. I don't plan on taking it easy on you bitches."
"Oh noooooo" Micro sighs, rolling her eyes. Pedro looks at the part of the ceiling Micro's looking at, but doesn't see anything up there.
Talking Head: u/Micronesian
, "I need to win this challenge. It's the last one before top 4, and I need to win this competition. I just want it more than anything, and I'm not going to let this debate stand in my way, y'know?"
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Lights... Cameras.... Action!!! u/Grotesquette
struts the runway u/Grotesquette
: Welcome to the mainstage of SDRDR Season 6! u/KingKabs
, did the girls show poise and charm during the debate? u/KingKabs
: Nope! u/Grotesquette
, which queen has gone your vote this year? u/Spencerietta
: Donald Trump! Wait, wait, I'm kidding! I'm not registered to vote! u/Grotesquette
: The iconic u/-_-whodat
! What do you want in a drag president? u/-_-whodat
: I'm bri'ish love. Queen Elizabitch is the only monarch I respect! u/Grotesquette
: Weird! And finally, host of Fagula u/mattisnotvegan
is here tonight! When can we expect Fagula season 3? u/mattisnotvegan
: You'll get Fagula 3 when I get my fucking crown!!!!! WHERE IS DELETA IM GONNA KILL THAT FA- Security drags Matt offstage as the judges sit in uncomfortable silence. Finally, Matt returns shaking under one of those tin foil coat thingies they give to people who's houses burn down as he sips on a slushie. His therapist is guiding him through the trauma as he is led back to the panel. u/mattisnotvegan
: Ehem. Next week or smth idk. u/Grotesquette
: Tonight on the runway, category is: Silver Foxy! Ladies and gentlemen start your engines. And may the best woman... WIN!!!
"First up, u/StrawPedro
!" In 40 years, I, the Chairman She, has done become the supreme leader of People Republic of ... America, okayyy?? She has just left the funeral mourning the loss of her husband, whom we'll call "the first gentleman". I never woulda thought he would be an userper. Oh well, that stupid bitch tried it, so he had to die HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"Up next, u/ShashaStan
!" here i am serving rich old woman mourning her love of her life. showing i can be fashAWN at any age, and at least imma look pretty lipsyncing
!" Sunday, October 11th, 2:57 pm. finally ready for the debate! Sorry I’m a little late...In all seriousness, 50 years from now, I hope to be aging gracefully, working hard, surrounded by the people I love. And above all else, I’m really just hoping my vagina won’t dry out too much or get too loose. #TightLikeI’m69
"Swish swish bitch! It's u/Swish_17
!" for my runway, I wanted to be the apex of beauty and fashion. I wanted to be the rich women everyone knows and everyone wants to be. I’m giving your raven feather goddess, and y’all can’t take it!
"Next up, u/BtQw3
!" This is how I imagine my life when I become a woman of a certain age. I won’t be some old spinster, sitting alone in her tiny apartment, waiting for her neglectful children to ship her off to a home. No! I desire a life of glamour that transcends age, always in the limelight like that one star that will never fade. A stunning queen with a radiance that stretches for miles. I know this is my destiny. After all, evil never dies.
Grotesquette: Thank you ladies. Let's begin the critiques. Starting with... u/Swish_17
KingKabs: You really outdid yourself in this challenge. You subverted everyone's argumentative basis and weaponized your voice against their characters in a way that shut down the entirety of what they had worked at throughout the entirety of the night. The character you chose to present wasn't particularly original or effective; it was a, relatively, predictable parody on previous developments. However, when you took up the opportunities to undermine your competition, which effectively broke that character in those moments, you really came into your own. Regardless, you played the character as consistently as you could manage and that deserves praise even if the most effective moments of your debate didn't come from its performance. This was a great night for you especially after the previous week. Finally, welcome back to the competition!
Grotesquette: This was definitely one of the highlights of the night. You had a fully realized character that you committed to, but you also demonstrated great improvisational skills, and the note joke was hilarious. When you went down the line and read every other contestant, I was dying laughing. If you were a presidential candidate, you'd definitely have my vote! Tonight on the runway, everything is working for me. The ruveal is perfectly executed, and both looks are stunning in their own right. You really made this episode your bitch tonight, and I'm so fucking proud of you.
"Thank you Swish. Moving onto u/Micronesiarain
Spencerietta: Miss Micro, I was so excited to see you in this challenge tonight. Until the challenge started and you were nowhere to be found... like literally. But once you did show up, I was hoping for a little more. We know how funny you can be and it felt like you were relying on some crutches instead of giving us the full Micro experience that we all have gotten so used to getting from you. Was it the worst of the week? Definitely not, but it was a bit disappointing because of what we know you’re capable of. This is top 5, the finale is right around the corner. Now is not the time to give up, and I hope that you can find it in you to bring that magic back for the finale.
mattisnotvegan: Micro... whew. I think you did pretty well in the challenge - well from what I remember of it at least, I was too busy checking my horoscope, more for gemini. You were pretty good in the challenge and your jokes all landed. Overall, you did good but you need to respect other peoples' time. winks at camera
But honestly, it's actually funny! We should joke about it! winks at camera
Just kidding it wasn't funny literally write better material!!!!!
"Alright. Next up, u/BtQw3
-_-whodat: Your performance tonight is an interesting one for me, it has lots of positive aspects and some less so. For a start, your concept felt like by far the most unique up there, which deserves a lot of credit, however it took a while for me to grasp what your concept was and at times it just didn’t translate to humour very well. Also it was the best political impersonation up there, and while that did allow for some funny moments, such as your response to micro saying her bunny tried to kill itself; it doesn’t inherently make it a funny performance. So overall i’d say there were some funny moments and it had a very strong concept but often it didn’t translate very well. I’m not not majorly disappointed and i’m also not blown away and that can be make or break at this stage of the season.
KingKabs: In the debate I think you, by far, had the most consistent and original character. You deserve praise for that in comparison to reprised characters and/or themes we saw during the debate. With that said, it wasn't particularly effective comedically nor did it go enough of anywhere to leave a mark. The delivery was very rigid, you didn't play with the comedic aspects of mind control or cult indoctrination enough for it to be a well executed, campy reference. It was simply too literal and not clever. Tonight was a very...unremarkable night ultimately and at the eve of the finale it puts you in a precarious position. On the runway you look stunning and your commentary is very exquisite. And your debate look? Toot bitch.
"And how about u/StrawPedro
Spencerietta: Now you know I live to give a mean critique but Straw, you’re making it so difficult for me tonight. You were definitely a highlight of the debate tonight, and honestly that took me by surprise. The character is a little drawn out at this point and almost predictable, but I’d be lying if I said you still didn’t have me laughing. That character switch toward the end was a great idea and I think it could’ve been really beneficial had you pulled it out even earlier into the debate. But overall tonight was a fantastic performance from you, Straw.
Grotesquette: Yet again, your comedic prowess shines on the mainstage Pedro. You've been destroying this competition ever since your first win, and it's absolutely mind boggling to the judges and I. Out the gate of the debate, you had a strong character concept, and it was hilarious. Towards the middle it sort of got a little repetitive, but the reveal at the end definitely worked for the character. One critique I might have is that the character at some points seemed a little reminiscent of Five Spice, but I appreciate the fact that you know your strengths, and what would work in such an intensive challenge. This runway look isn't my favorite, as it's baggy and the shoulder detailing feels like an after thought. Thankfully, your debate performance is enough for me to excuse it.
"Now let's move along to u/ShashaShtan
mattisnotvegan: Hey Shasha, haven't seen you since we robbed MyspaceChristianGirl. Anyways, I hate to admit it but tonight was painful to watch - I saw you trying so hard and while I appreciate the effort, the jokes just weren't landing. I think what happened was you were so focused on what everyone else was doing that you tried to keep up by just throwing as many jokes out there as possible and hoping that something would stick and I don't think it really worked in your favour.
-_-whodat: I hate to say it shasha but whew this was just uncomfortable to watch. I didn’t expect this performance from you of all people but... it was just not funny in any way. And then on top of that it was a character i felt like i’d seen before. Sadly there was no merit to this performance at all. However the one positive note is your runway, it just unfortunately is not enough.
Grotesquette: Thank you ladies. Now, when I call your name please step forward.
u/StrawPedro, your Chairman She was absolutely she-larious.
u/Swish_17, tonight Adam was the apple of our eye.
u/Swish_17, condragulations you are the winner of this weeks challenge.
Pedro, you are safe and may step to the back of the stage.
u/ShashaShtan, in the debate your Pumpkin Spice held no flavor. I'm sorry my dear but you are up for elimination.
u/Micronesiarain, in the debate you were amazing. For all five seconds you were there.
u/BtQw3, The Fantasy was a great concept. But was it, similarly to Joan of Arc, poorly executed?
For the first time in SDRDR herstory, all three of you will need to lip sync for your lives. Micro, your lateness has placed you in the bottom two, because it didn't seem fair to the other contestants for you to escape the bottom, even if we overall enjoyed your performance more than the other two queens.
u/BtQw3, u/Micronesiarain, and u/ShashaShtan. The time has come for you to lip sync for your life!!! Good luck, and don't fuck it up!
Who should win the lip sync? Vote here! Voting closes soon!
submitted by Grotesquette
to xtinadragrace [link] [comments]
2020.10.18 22:54 LauraVi 💎RC September Update Survey: the results.💎
| || |Thanks submitted by LauraVi to RomanceClub [link] [comments]
to everyone who took the time to respond to our Reddit Community Survey!
Let's find out what we all liked/disliked about the latest RC update.
💎First of all, which story was the most read this month?
HS was the most read story in the app (insert surprised Pikachu face here
) while the new-story-curiosity effect vaned for LOS, making its readership drop. LOW also suffered a surprise drop (hashtag underrated
), and curiosity for SBR's new season meant slightly more readers for our dancing crew.
-- 97.2% of the respondents read Heaven's Secret
(up from last month
-- 94% read Dracula: a Love Story
(on par with last month's 93.9%)
-- 93% read Chasing You
(on par with last month's 92.8%)
-- 90% read Love from Outer Space
(down from last month's 94.2%)
-- 87.6% read Legend of the Willow
(down from last month's 90.3%)
-- 85.1% read Seduced by the Rhythm
. (up from last month's 82.8%)
💎How popular was each update?
We asked you to rate the new chapters giving a score between 1 and 5, where 1= I did not like it, 5= I loved it. Despite receiving the exact same score as last month, LOW ranked as second most liked update - although it's mostly because almost everything else dropped in rating.
-- Heaven's Secret: 4.4
(same score as last month, remains in first place)
-- Legend of the Willow: 4.2
(same score as last month, up from tied-third to second)
-- Dracula: a love story: 4.0
(slightly down from 4.3, drops from second to third)
-- Love from Outer Space: 3.4
(down from 3.9, stable in fourth)
-- Chasing You: 3.3
(big drop from 4.2, goes from tied-third to fifth)
-- Seduced by the rhythm: 2.9
(down from 3.4, stable in sixth)
.💎But here's the juicy stuff: which characters had the best and worst scenes in this update
.⚠️Warning: plot spoilers for the September update are contained in this post from this point on. ⚠️
.💎The top 10 overall BEST scenes go to:
(HS) - 69.7%
- At this point, having Lucifer taking part in any kind of poll is like watching Phelps swimming at the Olympics. You know he's gonna win, so you might as well take advantage of the lack of lines at the food stands and go get a pretzel or something. Of course everyone liked the sexy times in jail, despite the perplexing logistics. Of course everyone felt sorry when he got tied up like a stuffed chicken and nearly died at the hands of papa-dearest. And of course his heroics in battle and sad tree-burning predicament had us all in a tizzy. Moving on.
(LOW) - 53.8%
- Absence makes the heart grow fonder and after a few episodes without our favourite ninja hottie, his return left us all with butterflies in our stomach and badly brewed tea in our hands. They say that you can tell a man by the company he keeps, but not even Kazu's dubious association with random guy Satoshi has been able to put a damper on our love for him. Next time come alone, though? Hashtag new-fox-who-dis
, hashtag you-could-have-brought-takao
, hashtag i-am-not-cold-but-go-on.
(3) Present-day Vlad
(DLS) - 43.2%
- Vlad baby, what's going on with you? Do you need a hug? Oh, right, never mind. Our favourite sexy psychopath defied whatever curse is holding him back to ravish MC with all his might, but paid the price in full, and oh boy, that looked painful. Despite his rage-fuelled attack on an helpless dessert table, most of us forgave him the moment he felt us up with his brilliant mind at a random cat event. Hashtag party-like-its-1446
(LOW) - 33.3%
- The first series of LOW went out with a bang (not literally) and despite a late start, the Ronin's charming personality, gorgeous face and mysterious splish-sploshing sounds from the bathroom made him shoot up the rankings at hypersonic speed. Of course we all needed help with our evening ablutions, and of course now our mind is right in the gutter where it belongs. Hashtag soap-emoji-eggplant-emoji-wink-emoji.
(5) Young Vlad
(DLS) - 31.8%
- This update was a clear Vladfest, with plenty of content featuring our favourite yet-unconfirmed-vampire both in the past and the present. Lale's sudden sexual awakening in the arms of a young dancing Vlad was a moment for the books - all despite the fact that he managed to outshine his previous Emo fringe with an even more questionable hairdo.
(DLS) - 31.3%
- From his genuine and loving attention to the best ugly cat in the world, to sensuous dancing and general garden chillaxing, Leo is slowly-but-surely gaining more and more fans every update. But let's be honest, he could have been shovelling deer manure for the whole update and we would have still given him a ton of votes because, seriously, that black suit? Hashtag chefs-kiss.
(HS) tied with the geography teacher
(LOS) at 30.6%
. The most shocking result of this survey must be that the most loved pet sidekick in the app and its emotionally gut-wrenching war scenes got the same amount of votes as a disillusioned guy in a Monday morning mood. And the fact that a random side character's lack of will to live spoke to all of us so much says something about the state of the world today, ngl. How long until someone campaigns to make this husk of a man into a LI? Hashtag dear-lord-no
, hashtag id-rather-date-tony.
(8) Nosferatu, his black-cat friend and his lady relative
(DLS) - 30.1%
- We are all crazy cat people on this blessed day! Forget sexy times, forget adventure, drama or romance: all we want from RC is a cat in a dress! From cemetery escapades to a grumpy pageant queen, we clearly could not get enough of our favourite felines. Hashtag every-day-is-caturday
, hashtag where-is-berdus-at-tho.
(CY) tied with Malbonte
(HS) at 28.5%
. Considering Alex was hardly in this update at all, we think most people voted for him more by default than because of actual merit. But he did drop the G(irlfriend) word for some of us, and still looked like a snack even in a way too tattered pyjamas (did he sleep in a bramble bush or something?), so we'll allow it. And what can we say about Malbonte? He has just appeared in his true form but might already be out to swipe Lucifer's crown for favourite bad boy in the app. Hashtag imma-steal-your-girls
(DLS) - 28.3%
- RC's main supernatural story (that is turning slightly creepier than expected lately, ngl) steals the show once again grabbing another slot in the best scenes rankings. Aslan's military prowess and luscious long locks had us all craving for more, because let's face it, guys with long hair are hot, and even more if you are a 15th-century hormonal teen. Hashtag good-hair-dont-care
💎And the top 10 overall WORST scenes go to:
(SBR) - 43.8%
- Yellow-wearing Tony has managed to keep hold of his ugly crown, and considering he's not the one who had an evil plan to murder half of heaven and hell this update, that's a pretty big feat. Kissing random women at a wedding can only be acceptable if you are very drunk and very single, and considering he was neither, we all voted for him to still top the baddies list.
(SBR) - 22%
- The Molly debate is still going strong. Is the second most despised teenager in RC's history way too hated for her crimes? Are the two sisters just deserving of each other's pettiness? Is the sky blue? We will never know. Fact is, Tony's dastardliness is rubbing off on his sweetheart, so let's hope she'll drop him like a hot potato sooner rather than later. Hashtag baby-he-aint-worth-it
(HS) - 21.4%
- What has a villain got to do to top the naughty rankings? Murdering three people, starting a war and resuscitating an ancient evil ain't it, apparently, since ol' Fencio here just landed himself a bronze. Maybe in the next update he'll manage a little more slaughter, horror and torment and get himself a better score. Hashtag my-fireplace-is-talking-to-me
, hashtag i-hate-everyone-but-my-son
, hashtag delete-this-immediately.
(CY) - 18.8%
- We are honestly not sure what Eve did in this update to deserve such a bad rep, but maybe her karaoke skills were lacking? Or maybe she hasn't been forgiven yet for her bathroom-nipple-twisting shenanigans? Fact is, she scored higher than the literal Lord of Hell so we clearly missed something here. Hashtag mafia-bae
(5) The paranoid neighbour
(LOS) - 18%
- We mods are mostly working from home these days, wearing our nightgown, slippers and tinfoil hat 24/7, so we feel personally attacked by this community's harsh judgement of this upstanding fella, who, shall we point out, had clearly nailed his assessment of the dangerous criminals who moved next door to his house. Hashtag i-am-calling-the-police
, hashtag i-am-not-crazy-you-are-crazy
, hashtag neighbourhood-watch-your-back
(6) Present-day Vlad
(DLS) - 17.7%
- Clearly not everyone was charmed by the touch-me-touch-me-not shtick from our tormented Romanian castle-owner. A significant part of this community was not having any of it and thought that Vlad's random outburst of rage and destruction and slight emotional manipulation of MC were simply not on, landing him a spot in the baddies corner. Hashtag please-dont-fight-in-the-comments.
(HS) - 17.4%
- The Lord of Hell cemented his reputation as worst-dad-ever when he nearly offed his own son without thinking about it twice. Luckily our MC turned out to be some sort of superpowered goddess herself, so she lamped him good and, for some players, got rid of the problem once and for all. Hashtag sorry-not-sorry
, hashtag et-tu-dad
, hashtag it-should-have-been-rebecca.
(HS) - 17.1%
- Not even a full facelift changed the opinion of our community on this blonde-haired boss babe. She used and abused poor Fencio (who gets zero sympathy from us, but still), she all but told her daughter to go eat a cactus, she has shown no real feelings for anything or anyone apart from being a power-hungry shark... you know what, Becky, once again you deserve your spot on the naughty list.
(LOS) - 16.8%
- This guarded grump continues to prove unpopular in this community, as his lack of soft corners is not welcomed by the readers. At this point there's not much anyone can do to change the mind of the majority, but hopefully as the story progresses we'll see more pleasant sides of him. Hashtag whatever
(10) Nosferatu, his black-cat friend and his lady relative
(DLS) - 16.5%
- To all those who voted for the cat gang as worst scenes of the update: do you also hate rainbows, unicorns and chocolate cake? DLS proves once again to be the most divisive story, since both one of its main LIs and main pet have landed themselves in hot water. Hashtag dracula-drama
.💎And here are all the results, book by book:
.Seduced by the rhythm
.Brandon's frequent flier, billionaire, FBI shenanigans might have not gotten him a spot in the top 10, but at least he was the best of the bunch in SBR. Although, can we just very quickly point out that in the "best scenes" rankings, Tony got the exact same number of votes as Jo&Chris tear-jerking wedding? Hashtag just-saying. https://preview.redd.it/kiz7kiyb0xt51.png?width=1372&format=png&auto=webp&s=188ff17b9cb8ee94dce60be386fb0cc61e0fa583
In the best scenes, Ellia is coming for Alex's crown fast! But it's also interesting to see how Alex, despite being the only CY character to make the overall best top-10, still ties with The Stranger when it comes to worst scenes. Hashtag you-better-watch-out
That One Hot Archdemon narrowly missed out on the overall best top-10 and Fyr is really a very good dragon. Why Andy has earned such a high spot in the worst scenes is something we don't quite understand (higher than Malbonte who's the literal bad guy here?!) and it's clear how we were all touched, in either a positive or negative way, by Sammy's heartbreaking flashback. Hashtag i-am-not-crying-you-are-crying
Legend of the willow
That Random Guy Satoshi No One Remembers tops the worst scenes for LOW, even ahead of the actual supernatural evil entity that is currently murdering people by torturing them in super gross ways. Maybe do not randomly grab a sleeping girl next time? Hashtag mei-should-have-bitten-harder,
hashtag win-stupid-prizes. https://preview.redd.it/61iuz05n0xt51.png?width=1372&format=png&auto=webp&s=e36ee837e761f358a4aff3d8d23a7e197d821834
Dracula: a love story
Present-day Vlad tops both the best and worst rankings, as mentioned already above. It's also a real shame that Sandra is not getting more love, but to be honest we hardly saw her at all in this update, so let's hope she is going to have more screen-time in future chapters. Hashtag sandra-deserves-better. https://preview.redd.it/lhabx5hs0xt51.png?width=1372&format=png&auto=webp&s=e2a239a62c910034ea70d3d99eb869248549c20a
Love from outer space
We already highlighted the unexpected popularity of the geography teacher, but also worth of note are Agent Doe and Agent Wolf, who have just appeared and are already very popular. Hashtag mulder-and-scully-who. https://preview.redd.it/xqnovb2x0xt51.png?width=1372&format=png&auto=webp&s=50643d2e850f692cf9e5f189e4652e703dde8fb7
------ And also ...
💎Is Tony from SBR still the worst?
Most of us (72.2%
) really want to yeet Tony and his mustard suit into a volcano, but a decent minority - that adds up to 27.8%
- is either not hating him that much, or full-on loving him. Hashtag leave-tony-alone
💎Who did you choose for Molly to "notice" in SBR?
Most people could not care less, frankly, with 40.9%
of the respondents not picking anyone because clearly Molly can make her own bad romantic decisions without her sister's help. Of those who picked a suitor, Henry was the most popular choice at 27.2%
, followed by Zach at 17.9%
and Andy at 14%
.💎Who did you pick for drunken karaoke in CY?
Ellia was the clear favourite for on-stage shenanigans, with 45.3%
of the community picking him for sing and make out. The 37.9%
of us decided to sing alone, and 16.8%
of the respondents picked Eve.
.💎Did you kiss Christopher at the fair in CY?
Most of us said no, but a good minority chose to lock lips with the redhead, consequences be damned! https://preview.redd.it/xh92lvd31xt51.png?width=1372&format=png&auto=webp&s=340e1b3ebcf2c307a221850ab0036ca3e548980b
💎Which side did you take in the HS war?
You would think that with all the love for Lucifer on this sub, the demon side would be the most popular... but surprisingly enough, the angel side won, although the balanced approach is very close behind. https://preview.redd.it/dhefure71xt51.png?width=1372&format=png&auto=webp&s=0116822029a920c1c007d389e6e31a8a2871f259
💎Were you surprised by the identity of MC's killer and all around main baddie in HS?
Most of us had somewhat of an idea of what was going on, but the plot twist was still a doozy for a lot of people. https://preview.redd.it/83e0erg91xt51.png?width=1372&format=png&auto=webp&s=45c4c4b0389be2104b31bfac55f009d7cb888dfd
💎What did you think of the new faces for Rebecca and Andy in HS?
Very split results here with a tied first place between those who liked the new redesign and those who did not really care, with those who hated it coming in third. Rebecca's new look seems to have been better received than Andy's. https://preview.redd.it/oa12z9vc1xt51.png?width=1372&format=png&auto=webp&s=c3e1c01fa0deec6a66aebfe06cca27bec127cd8e
💎How do you feel, in general, about characters being redesigned half way through a series or after a series is completed?
The majority of the respondents (44.6%
) said they don't like it, because they get attached to the characters' faces even if they are not perfect. 30.6%
said that they don't mind either way, and 24.7%
said that they like it because it is often an improvement.
.💎Did Masamune from LOW steal your heart (and possibly your bath water) this update?
Despite the Ronin's best efforts, the overwhelming majority of this community still picked Kazu. https://preview.redd.it/7n0vrmyozxt51.png?width=1372&format=png&auto=webp&s=4dbe791abcee87c07722589c58b7424b57e2dfde
💎What did you think of the new haircuts for 1446 Vlad and Aslan in DLS?
Aslan's seems to be more popular than Vlad's but both haircuts seems to have been fairly well received overall. https://preview.redd.it/ox7ntz4y1xt51.png?width=1372&format=png&auto=webp&s=38d8a7d49fbde19bb89030374eaf5acdd1ecf1c4
💎Noe YEA or Noe NAY in DLS?
New arrival Noe has a decent amount of fans already, even if they are the minority. https://preview.redd.it/a2yi7w802xt51.png?width=1372&format=png&auto=webp&s=5184640c798810dd02af551aac7b4d79305c1da2
💎Are you Mehmed's "sweet lokum" in DLS?
The mod team will abstain from commenting on this topic due to an internal conflict of interest. 👀👀👀 https://preview.redd.it/56xs33t12xt51.png?width=1372&format=png&auto=webp&s=8695c5f63fe4571ba5254a09e1f82681a6e9b8c0
💎Did you manage to get the "Friendship banner" with Nosferatu in DLS?
We all love cats here, did we mention this? https://preview.redd.it/mjvuhdh32xt51.png?width=1372&format=png&auto=webp&s=0cd176d907af142a267ed5a909a8ac9a7f9a116b
💎Which earth-appropriate shape did you pick for Beast in LOS?
Our love for felines in this update is also confirmed by the fact that the majority of us decided to have Beast be a cat - but maybe also because that dog looked hella weird, ngl. 53.6%
chose the normal cat shape, 26.4%
went with the purple premium cat, 13.3%
chose the normal dog, and 6.7%
picked the purple premium dog.
.💎On whose lap you sat in LOS?
The community has spoken: 56.1%
thinks that Ray, the alien prince, is the comfiest chair in town, sorry Todd. The "Radiohand" fan comes second, although at quite a distance with 15.6%
, followed by Jacob at 9.4%
and Ursula the alien bodyguard with 4.4%
. Of the 14.4%
who would have chosen to sit on Miranda's lap but couldn't because she was driving, the results are split: 7.5% picked the prince instead, 3.3% rage quit altogether (sorry, we hope you reconsider!), 2.2% picked the bodyguard, 0.8% chose Todd and 0.6% went for Jacob. https://preview.redd.it/7552zl462xt51.png?width=500&format=png&auto=webp&s=6a00239a468b62c57d07bc0e85bbe6f7ef0e25f4
We also asked about diamonds
: how much did you spend on this update? It looks like our spending habits have remained pretty much consistent.
spent more than 150, less than 300 diamonds. (up from last month's 30.1%)
spent more than 300, less than 500 diamonds. (almost identical to last month's 25.7%)
spent more than 500 diamonds. (up from last month's 21%)
spent more than 50, less than 150 diamonds. (down from last month's 18.1%)
spent less than 50 diamonds. (down from last month's 5.1%)
Next up: teacups
. The majority of us (74.5%
) decided to be patient and read the chapters over a few days, while 25.5%
smashed that buy-tea button to binge read - only slightly down from last month, when 29.7% of us had taken out the plastic.
We asked if you used the wiki walkthroughs
to help you with your stats, and looks like we were all feeling slightly more adventurous this month, with only the 65.8%
saying yes (compared to the 70.3% of the previous update), while 31.8%
chose to go in blind and spoiler-free (compared to last month's 29.7%). And for the 2.5%
who did not know walkthroughs even existed, here is a link to our very own Reddit-made Wiki
with all the answers your heart is searching for.
.💎And last but not least, thank you to the 98%
of you who were looking forward to reading this post, we love you
! And to the 2%
who wished us to always lose our soup spoon into the bowl, joke's on you: our lifestyle is extremely unhealthy and we need no spoons when stuffing our face with two-day-old pizza!
.That's all folks... until next time!
Your friendly neighbourhood mod team💎
.💎 u/LauraVi 💎 u/swankytutu 💎 u/directormmn
2020.10.18 15:04 readingrachelx Housewife highlights/Daily shit talk - October 18th, 2020
- 'RHOP's Candiace Dillard Bassett on the Altercation, Its Aftermath and What's Next (ET Online exclusive) "I'm just now starting to get to a place where I can be light about it," Candiace admits to ET over video chat. "Leading up to everything, I have felt so trapped and so muted because we are contractually obligated to not talk about things that are happening on the show, and there were certain people that were doing a lot of talking through other people and blogs." "It was awful to watch," Candiace says of seeing the footage for the first time. "My heart was palpitating, I was angry all over again. I was frustrated. I was sad. I was embarrassed. I was every emotion -- I was every emotion -- it’s still awful to see it playing in perpetuity on the internet." "I really hate that this is now a part of our legacy," she shares. "I hate it. I really hate that part. … There's this conversation about whether or not we have a responsibility to represent all Black women, and I'm in the few that believe, at least for me, I do feel a responsibility to represent Black women, because we are not yet in enough spaces to be understood." "There are people in parts of the world who, we are the only Black faces they see on a primetime television show," Candiace notes. "There is a responsibility there for me … and I think that the only thing we can continue to do is to try and show that we are more than [a stereotype]." "The biggest lie and the most hurtful, most traumatic thing was telling the blogs that I initiated the fight by throwing a glass of wine on her, because that is what I was viciously attacked for," Candiace shares. "That's what I got death threats for, that's what I got threatened to have my a** beat for. 'You deserved this, Candiace, because she threw a glass of wine…' and then it was a whole glass, and then it was a bottle on her. That's where it all started and that's what I've had the hardest time, mentally dealing with." "When the fight actually aired, It felt like there was a little bit of a weight was lifted off of me," she confesses. "People are seeing what actually happened, and seeing people for who they really are versus believing a year of rumors and lies." Candiace owns up to not staying completely out of the fray, going on Instagram Live regularly at the start of the season to share what parts of her story she felt like she could at the time. That only seemed to make things worse, though, as each time Candiace would go live, Monique would, too, to counterpoint anything Candiace said. "I wish that I was stronger and strong enough to just shut up completely, but I wasn't," Candiace says. "I wasn't strong enough and I think it's important to acknowledge that. That was me having weak moments by addressing it and speaking on it." Candiace says she's spent the last 365 days trying to unpack and process what happened to her. She's come to the realization that she may never fully understand the incident, and she's making peace with that. "Everyone is saying, 'Oh, Candiace is not a victim…' I'm not a victim, I've never reported myself to be a victim, at any point in this," she says. "I have always, always taken full responsibility for my mouth. I am a verbal acrobat and I will give you the business with this vocabulary, all day, every day. I've always owned that. That is my weapon. That's how I have always been raised to emote, and that's how I've always been raised to communicate, was with my words. I have never not owned that. But nowhere in a civilized society should someone who is communicating verbally, should that person be physically accosted because the other party cannot measure up to my verbal acrobatics." Up until the episode aired, RHOP fans seemed largely on "Team Monique," but then a shift happened -- the fan accounts' Instagram polls will tell you this, too -- and "Team Candiace" grew. While she may have pushed Monique's buttons, the vast majority of viewers believe (and Monique even admitted the same on camera) that Candiace did not deserve to be physically assaulted. "I thought that I would be happier about it but, it's still… it's still -- I don't want to cry... it doesn't change what happened," a tearful Candiace says of the shift in viewer support. "Don't mistake my tears and my folded tissue for me thinking that I'm some damsel in distress," she later adds. "I'm not. I'm just someone who, this is how I emote, I cry. Some people cry, some people smoke, some people drink. I cry." Candiace hasn't spoken to Monique since the altercation, and she still doesn't understand why her one-time friend never reached out to her, especially after seeing Monique attempt to piece her side of the story together, facts seeming to shift each time she recalls the events of the night. "I've never dealt with someone who could so egregiously lie like that," she says. "I just can't wrap my mind around someone who can sleep at night and not be remorseful." "I think that her sitting down with her pastor was a stunt," Candiace muses. "I think she did it because she had to. I think, from the powers-that-be, she was being told that she needed to reroute this narrative, and that was the way that she knew best to do that, was to pimp out her pastor and her pastor's wife and try to create some alternative universe." "Where she's less than smart is, you can’t film that scene in about November of 2019 and then scratch my face out of the cast photo, write me a song bragging about what you did," she adds, referencing a social media post Monique made when RHOP's premiere date shifted and the rap she released ahead of the season, "Drag Queen." Candiace says seeing Monique feed into the narrative that was out there at the time of the incident, liking comments on social media about "dragging Candiace," only added insult to injury. Then, when neither Candiace nor her husband, Chris, never heard from Monique or her husband, also named Chris, Candiace realized any relationship they had was done. "You're not sorry. You were never sorry, and all those tears that she was crying? I believe those tears, I believe they were real," she says, "but they were tears for her embarrassment and for her not being able to control herself. There was no place in there where I think that she felt any kind of remorse for what she did to me." Monique filed her own charges against Candiace, but all charges were eventually dropped. Candiace says she never got a clear answer as to why, and she's opting to move on rather than reopen "Pandora's Box," as she calls it, and continue letting the altercation hang over her. Again, Candiace takes full responsibility for her contributions to what occurred, but she wouldn't take any of it back and isn't going to apologize for her words. Candiace says, if you peel back the fourth wall of reality TV, as Bravo is getting more comfortable doing, you'll see that she was just doing her job. "Things escalate quickly on all Housewives shows, don't they?" she poses. "Is that not what everyone watches Housewives for, is the verbal spats and the verbal altercations and the back and forth, and then we kiss and make up and do it all over again?" "You've seen women crack glasses on tables and curse and scream and throw plates down," Candiace adds, referencing now-iconic moments from other Housewives, like Beverly Hills, Orange County and New Jersey. But in none of those cases did any cast member lay hands on another. There have been others, though, where things have gotten physical. Monique and Candiace's incident is certainly not the first fight on The Real Housewives. At the end of the day, Candiace is, in a way, glad the incident occurred. She believes chances are high that had the attack not come when it did, it would've come at an even worse time. For Candiace, it almost felt predestined "Yes, I would have walked away -- I wish I would have walked away -- and if I could do it again, I would have walked away," she notes. "But here's the thing about me walking away: I had made a sport of it up until this point. … So if I had walked away this time, would she have come after me again? I venture to say, yes. I'm actually glad it happened here versus us maybe getting all the way to … [our cast trip in] Portugal … where it could have been much worse. I don't want to go to Portuguese jail. I have a bright future. I can't be in Portuguese jail." Monique does not go on the cast trip, and didn't attend any group events for the remainder of the season after the winery incident. It remains to be seen how much she actually appears in the back half of season 5, and Candiace has made it clear that she has no interest in filming with Monique in the future. She will have to face her, either in person or virtually, at the reunion, though, which the cast will shoot later this year. "It's a lot of prayer and, you know, medication -- the flower kind, if that's possible," Candiace says of gearing up for the sit-down. "It's not going to be easy. It's not going to be easy for me at all. I think the only reason that I'm even OK doing it is because there is a part of me that wants to, I think, laugh and be entertained by whatever version of this ordeal she will bring with her and just finally put it to bed." "For me, the reunion would be that hard stop on this entire ordeal and I'll be able to close that book and burn it and move forward," she adds. As for what Candiace's future on the show looks like after that, she’s not sure. No casting decisions have been made for season 6 (it hasn’t even officially been picked up by the network yet, either), but it’s likely that either Candiace or Monique won’t be back. "That's none of my business," Candiace says. "I'm not an executive. I am Candiace Dominique Dillard Bassett and I can only do what's right and what's best for me, and what is best for my health, mental health and my safety -- and everyone understands why I would never want to work with someone like her again. A friendship is completely and utterly out of the question." With that said, Candiace seems very much interested in sticking with RHOP, and offers this advice to Monique: "It's in her best interest to have a seat and continue to work on herself. The way that she has conducted herself in this entire ordeal is less than savory, and that's putting it very kindly." Candiace isn't a fan of how another cast member, Ashley Darby, conducted herself after the altercation, either. Ashley missed witnessing the incident firsthand, but immediately took Monique’s side in the aftermath. In the coming weeks, viewers will see Ashley agree to write a statement on Monique’s behalf, seemingly as part of the legal battle that eventually went nowhere. "There isn't a whole lot I have to say about Ashley," Candiace says. "She's not a person I have any interest in having a relationship with. I don't find her to be genuine. I don't find her to be someone who has a soul. She's just, she moves in a particular way that does not work for me. And I really have nothing to say about her. I wish her well, I suppose." The midseason trailer for season 5 shows Candiace and Ashley’s husbands seemingly getting into a physical fight of their own, with Candiace and Ashley firing off verbal attacks at one another, too. "Alcohol and perhaps other substances and crazy people don't mix," Candiace teases of the moment. "I don't want to give anything away, but certain people just should not be allowed to be around the group, and that's been proven time and time and time again." "It's old," she adds, referencing Ashley's husband, Michael. "It's old, and it makes me feel sorry for Ashley, honestly, that she doesn't think she deserves better than someone like her husband. But that's her business." Unlike Monique, though, Candiace says she can work with Ashley. "Ashley is not someone that I fear for my safety around," she quips. "She's not someone who I'm so disgusted by that I can't be in the same room as her. I just have no interest in having a relationship with her. She's not my people, so that's Ashley. As far as the other person? Yes, she's in the ground." In the end, 2020 has been a year of tests for Candiace, as it has been for many people. From dealing with the fallout of the altercation, to reckoning with past homophobic tweets that came to light at the start of the season and the reckoning on race the nation is having, Candiace says she's taking this time to figure out who she is and who she wants to be moving forward. "The short answer of what I said to all my friends when they called to ask if I'm OK, clearly I'm strong enough to handle it, because I'm still here," she offers, wiping away tears. "I've learned that words have consequences. I've learned that there's a time and a place for everything, and I've learned that I'm resilient." "I can really handle anything," she adds. "And I think the goal is to learn how to better handle anything."
- Preview of tonight's Potomac episode (Queens of Bravo Twitter)
- Kelly Dodd Slams Ex Michael Dodd to Her Daughter, Praises New Husband Rick Leventhal (US Weekly) "In a since-deleted Instagram post, the Bravo star, 45, was shown talking to 14-year-old Jolie and one of her friends. “Jolie, aren’t you glad you have a real dad like Rick Leventhal instead of your father, Michael, who you haven’t seen in — how long did you see your dad?” “Like five months,” Jolie replied as she held her hand up to her face while sitting at a desk. “Yeah, Jolie’s dad is nonexistent, deadbeat Michael Dodd,” Kelly added."
- RHOC’s Braunwyn Burke Confirms She’s No Longer Living With Husband Sean Burke, Shades Kelly Dodd’s Third Wedding And Explains Why She’s Unsure Of A Season 16 Return (ET Online/Reality Blurb) “Is any man living in this home right now?” Lauren Zima asked Braunwyn during a home tour for Entertainment Tonight this week after noticing that Braunwyn’s closet contained only female items. “No,” Braunwyn replied, shrugging when Lauren wanted to know why. “So, your husband’s not living here right now?” Lauren pressed. “No, he’s not. He’s not living here right now [but I] love him dearly,” Braunwyn shared. “We haven’t gotten along this well in a long time. We’re redefining what marriage means to us. We’re not following the old, antiquated rules anymore.” “Does that kind of make things exciting?” Lauren wondered. “So good. Soo good,” Braunwyn teased. “I will say this, there’s no other men in my life,” she explained. When the interview moved on to the topic of Braunwyn’s current estrangement from her castmates, Braunwyn suggested that the other women simply can’t handle the changes she’s made to her life before throwing shade at Kelly’s Napa nuptials. “I mean, it’s her third wedding. So… is that really monumental?” she asked. Braunwyn then said that when it comes to season 16, she’s not sure if she’ll be back because there’s no one on the cast who she’s currently speaking to."
- Move over, Luann - new 'RHOC' star Elizabeth Vargas is also a cabaret singer (Ok Magazine exclusive) "In an exclusive interview with OK!, the newest Real Housewives Of Orange County cast member Elizabeth Vargas revealed that, in addition to being a CEO and entrepreneur, she’s also a jazz singer. “I do sing on occasion at little clubs and bars or Skibo Castle in Scotland, sometimes the Four Seasons, private events, all over the world,” she said. “When there’s a piano, throw me up there, and I’ll hit a tune.” While attending Cornish College Of The Arts as a jazz vocal major, she even had her own dinner theatre called the Vargas Girls Cabaret. “We bring the class and sass to cabaret, not the sass and ass,” she quipped. “We wore long beautiful gowns, and we lifted them up and had one little garter so we didn’t really show anything sexy, but the women were beautiful.” Her sultry singing skills even caught the eye of her future billionaire ex-husband. As revealed in the first episode of season 15 of RHOC, the former couple met at one of her shows. “He would come in all the time,” she said. “I walked over to him and started singing ‘Big Spender,’ and he was sold.” Inspired by artists such as Julie London and Sarah Vaugh, Vargas thought about pursuing singing professionally, but ultimately figured out a better way to make her mark on the music industry. “I was bound and determined to be a jazz singer growing up because I always felt that music helped the soul, helped soothed the soul and really healed people,” she told OK!. “I said to myself, I can really make this a career, and what ended up happening was that you can’t make money singing jazz, you can make money by owning the company.” That’s exactly what she did. She went on to to business school and started a company called Edge Music Network, which streams music video content globally while working to pay artists themselves. And while she has a lot on her plate with RHOC and launching her own Vargas Vodka, she doesn’t rule out getting back on stage soon… when theatres begin to reopen, that is! “I would love do a [another] cabaret show,” she said. “Absolutely.”
BEVERLY HILLS DALLAS
- ‘RHONJ’ pal accused in lawsuit of keeping boy’s bar mitzvah money (Page Six) "A devastated single mom claims she has been taken for more than $33k by a party-planning friend of Teresa Giudice — and she’s filed suit over it. Barrie Granito, an Upper East Side real-estate agent, told The Post that she paid $33,510 to Elvira Grau to host a bar mitzvah for her son. Now that the party has had to be canceled because of COVID-19, she claims Grau won’t give the money back. Grau, 50, who owns Space New Jersey in Englewood, NJ, is friends with the “Real Housewives of New Jersey” ladies, even making cameo appearances on the Bravo show and planning parties for Giudice. In January 2019, Granito agreed to hold her son’s bar mitzvah at Grau’s new Midtown venue, Space 54. “I knew that Elvira was known in New Jersey for creating exciting parties, so I made an appointment and had a hard-hat tour [while Space 54] was still being built,” said Granito. “I got really excited.” She explained that it had been the dying wish of her mom, Sylvia, who passed away in 2018, that her grandson have a bar mitzvah. She even left money in her will to pay for it. “I signed a contract, and I left a deposit of $7,500 for a May 15, 2020 party,” she told The Post. According to the complaint, the contract stated that “if Space 54 fails to comply … due to any event or act outside and beyond the scope of Space 54’s control, [venue] liability shall be limited to a refund of the deposit.” Granito’s attorney, Marc Held, says in the filing this means all the deposit money. Granito, who’s in her early 50s, said she agreed to a $40,000 deal including catering for 80 kids and 60 adults, as well as a DJ, staff, games and dancers, tables and chairs, and a set-up for the religious service. She also got a friend in the deal — or so she thought. “Elvira and I became very close,” Granito said. She paid all her deposits in cash — and has the invoices to show for them — at Grau’s request. “I didn’t really think about it,” Granito said. “I just went along with everything.” In the second week of March, just as COVID hit and the city was facing a lockdown, she received a call from Grau. “I had just hand-delivered most of the invites and Elvira and [her husband and business partner] Jim called me and said, ‘Can you do us a big favor and give us $10,000? We’re going to be closing and we could really use the cash to pay our employees. We’re in a bind,’” Granito alleged the woman said. “I said, ‘I don’t have that money.’ I had already paid $31,000 in cash,” she recalled, noting that the bar mitzvah was still 12 weeks away at the time. “I’m so stupid. They made me feel terrible because they said the couldn’t afford to pay their staff, so I ran over there and gave Elvira’s assistant whatever I had available, which was $2,100,” Granito claimed. The court filing states that Granito was “pressured” to pay her deposits early because the Graus were “broke.” On March 16, when it became clear they could not have the party as planned, the women settled on a new date of Oct. 23. But as it became obvious that NYC likely wouldn’t be ready for events in the fall, either, Granito instead hosted her son’s bar mitzvah at home in May with a rabbi conducting the service over Zoom. Grau offered to hold the event in New Jersey, which is open to parties, but Granito instead asked for a refund — she had her heart set on a “cool NYC disco vibe.” She said Grau then put her off, saying, “Let’s talk later.” “But later never happened and I haven’t heard from her since July,” Granito said. Meanwhile, she noted, Grau — who filed for bankruptcy in 2010 and saw her $3 million NJ home foreclosed in 2012, yet continues to show a glitzy life on Instagram — has been busy during the pandemic: launching “boozy brunches” at Space NJ and showing off a new food truck for outdoor events on her social media. After brief contact in August, Granito said, there was “dead silence.” It was then, she said, that “I realized I’m not getting my money back.” She had a couple of party planner friends contact Grau, who allegedly claimed she didn’t have the money available to refund Granito. Evan Cowit, an attorney for the Graus, told The Post: “My clients have gone above and beyond to try and accommodate Ms. Granito. They believe that any claims she’s making are baseless and will vigorously defend themselves.” This week, Granito’s attorney filed a suit against Grau, her husband and business partner Andrew Zang for the money plus interest, attorney fees and relief for her distress. “You can’t take money from Peter to pay Paul,” Granito said. “I want my money back and I don’t want anyone else to suffer like I have.”
- RHOD’s Brandi Redmond’s ‘soul is gutted’ after crash killed mom-in-law but wants daughter to ‘be strong’ after surviving (The Sun) "Brandi - who has stayed silent on social media since initially revealing Jill had passed away - posted for the first time in a week on Saturday. The Bravo star posted an adorable photo of Brinkley smiling for the camera with her gorgeous red hair on full display. In the caption, the mom-of-three wrote: “Oh my sweet Brinkley. Words will never express how much I love you. “Right now I feel like someone gutted my soul and faith. I know you know how important the blood of Jesus is over you and to release Gods angels to protect you, what we pray daily and I’m so thankful for this and you. "Stay strong my baby,” she concluded the heartfelt post."
- Jeff Wachtel Exits as President of NBCUniversal International Studios (Variety) "Long-time NBCUniversal executive Jeff Wachtel has left the company, Variety has confirmed. He most recently served as president of NBCUniversal International Studios. Companies under Wachtel’s oversight included Carnival Films, creator of global hit “Downton Abbey”, Netflix series “The Last Kingdom” and “Belgravia” for ITV and EPIX. The portfolio also included Monkey Kingdom, producer of BAFTA-winning “Made in Chelsea”, reality ITVBe hit “The Real Housewives of Cheshire” and ITV2 hip hop comedy show “Don’t Hate The Playaz.”
submitted by readingrachelx
to RHDiscussion [link] [comments]
2020.10.18 04:00 AustralianChrono Virtual Drag Race Asia Season 1: Episode 4- Bollywood Superstar Lip Sync
Honey Soy struts the runway in a dress made of Pieces of Chicken. My name’s Honey Soy Sickening… and this is Drag Race Asia!
Sabuki Dubidu... I love you!
"You look FOUL, and I look stunning, and I should be hosting this darned show!" Sabuki screeches. I don't know if this is serious or not, and I am kinda scared. For this week’s Maxi Challenge, Our Monarchs have played their parts in a Bollywood inspired acting challenge. Now, Start your engines... and ... May the best Monarch… win! AIYA!
~ Now, I've made... DEEEE...CIS...ONS... You competed in teams, but this week, you'll be judged as Individuals. Tillie Bloody Red, Sakuya Kuromi, Jennie Ulsan, Oda Nobukatsu, Holly B and... Lu Booyah. You're all safe. Lu, you're one of two Top Toots this week.
Lu winks. "Perfect." Madame Fabroa, this week, you were a funny little Queen, just missing the top. Keep it up.
Madame Fabroa jumps in the air. "Thank you!" Miz-Keesha, consider yourself lucky... because you almost hit the bottom. You're safe.
Keesha nods. You may untuck backstage.
"Darn it!" Tillie exhales. "Thought I got that win..."
"I have to say, sis." Jennie snaps her fingers. "I felt the same, you were fierce."
"Agreed, I felt the same." Lu nods.
"I just was terrified I was in the bottom." Nobu sighs. "I love comedy, but acting..."
"I found the singing the tragic part." Holly laughs. "I mean.."
"I think it also showed that singing was not the only important part." Sakuya shrugs. "It was the comedy. I mean look at Bangcock..."
"Oh, he was hilarious." Keesha laughs. "I want her to join the glamourpusses.."
"Okay, i'll be honest...." Madame Fabora looks confused. "What the fresh hell is the glamourpusses?"
"Me, Keesha, Jennie, Amanda.." Lu flicks her hair. "We're the glamourpusses."
"Wait, I want a name. Can I join?" Fabroa laughs.
"Of course, babe. Everyone's welcome if you're a fierce drag queen." Jennie smiles. "Let's call you... Drama Pussy."
"I'm taking Spicy Pussy." Tillie smirks.
"Robot Pussy." Keesha points to Nobu. "And..."
"I don't need a title." Holly smiles. "I'm Holly."
"Uhm..." Keesha shrugs. "Okay."
"I just have this idea that it's like this in-group thing, and I don't want to alienate or..." Holly shrugs. "I'm not going to play mean girls."
"Who's the mean girls?" Jennie looks at Holly. "We're just... playing."
"I think I've been playing it up, and I get this vibe I'm just acting like those snooty adults that.."
"Holly, it's not that big a deal." Lu eyes Holly. "What's wrong?"
"What's wrong is that I've been sitting down, I've been socialising, and I've been not focusing on this game. I'm here to speak a message, to do meaningful drag, so.." Holly shrugs. "I don't want to be a Glamourpuss." Jennie Ulsan: "Holly B is acting weird. She's thinking like this is some BIIIIIG thing, but bitch, it's just fun. Calm down, Sour Pussy."
~ You all represent the tops... and the bottoms of this week. Starting with Bangcock.
"HEYO!" Bangcock smiles.
"Now, I think your singing was marvelous." Sabuki smiles.
Honey looks at Sabuki.
"It was a great meta comment on society and how bollywood films expect this level of quality, but sometimes... it's not great. Your comedic skills were on point, and I think you are lot of fun." Sabuki smiles. "Well done."
Honey looks confused. I... agree. You were a barrel of laughs, and so much fun. You didn't sing amazingly, but you did great. Well done! Amanda Cherries...
"Hiya." Amanda waves. I think this week, Amanda, you were the weakest of your team. You were overshadowed by Jennie, the Hangry and Tillie... and you got lost, and I was like Ugh.... Not Amanda!
"It was just not quality performance. And unfortunately, your look was... kinda dull. I ask myself, who is Amanda Cherries? I don't get the vibe. I don't know..." Sabuk shrugs. "It's... hard to get an understanding."
"Amanda Cherries is a hard working drag queen who puts effort into everything. She's fashionable, she's fierce, and she's a fucking performer." Amanda looks at Sabuki and Honey. "I promise you that." GOOD! That's what I want to hear! Yay! Tomana Gerri...
"MY BABY!" Sabuki drops the academic visage, and starts dancing. "YOU- WERE- AMAZING! I am so proud, and I am just going to say, wow, you deserve this win, sorry Honey." Sabuki shrugs. "My family is the best." Now, you were fun, as Sabuki's... probably biased opinion says! But, I think what's great is the jump up from last week. I think you showed us you are so much fun, there's so much potential with you... and maybe the design challenge was a one-off.
"I sure hope it was!" Tomana laughs.
"Oh it was. You're winning the season." Sabuki smiles. Tara...
"Now, I get the feeling again, you were stressed. You were going through the lines far too fast for me to understand what you were saying." Sabuki sighs.
"I was. I'll be honest, it was a bit much for me, and I just wanted to get it over in done with." Tara shrugs. "It's not what I do." Okay, I TOTALLY get what you're saying, but it may come off as rude...
"I... just..." Tara exhales. "Hate feeling out of my depth, and here? I feel it." Tara rolls her eyes. "And it sucks." Tara... you have potential. But you can't let yourself get frustrated. Otherwise, it'll affect your performance.
"I don't know." Tara sighs. "It's like... okay. Maybe." Think about it.
"Ravenous!" Hangry laughs. You were hilarious this week, Hangry. Funny, campy, entertaining, and... you were a TALKING PARROT!
"I love a parrot!" Hangry smiles.
"I think you showed us there's more to you then fashion, you're really funny." Sabuki grins. "But this look too... another clear top toot. Love the dual-sided performance this week, dear."
Hangry grins. Finally, Poliova Gratuysk...
Poliova looks nervously. I love you, Poliova! But this week... we couldn't get a single good take of you.
"It came off as unprepared. Now, I don't know if you-"
"I was totally prepared, Sabuki. I just got there, and the nerves got the best of me, and... I did that." Poliova sighs. "And it sucks, because I want to be here to show you what a bedroom Queen can do, but I don't feel like I am DOING IT." Poliova shakes her head. "I'm sorry for disappointing you." NONE of you are disappointments. But all of you can grow... and do better. Know that! Now, whilst we deliberate, you may untuck backstage.
The Monarch's enter the werkroom.
"HELLO PRETTY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" Tomana waves.
"So, how'd it go...?" Keesha smiles.
"Probably me and Tara in the bottom." Poliova shrugs. "So.. I gotta prepare." Poliova walks to the mirror.
"You can do this." Jennie smiles at Amanda.
"I just think..." Tara shrugs. "I can lip sync for my life, and if I have to do it every week, I will."
"Ugh." Amanda groans. "Seriously?"
"What? I'm in the bottom because my skills don't match. I predict a lot of weeks will be like this, and I'm a lip syncer, so if I need to do it to get to the top, I am ready." Tara laughs. "So..."
"I hate, hate hate that attitude." Amanda looks at Tara. "It tells me nothing but the fact you aren't putting effort into these challenges."
"Of course I am." Tara looks at Amanda. "But there's some things I AM NOT GOOD AT."
"TRY HARDER, BITCH." Amanda shrugs. "I hate this excuse. You aren't going to win the competition lip syncing."
"Dixie lip synced episode 1." Tara rolls her eyes. "So.."
"Dixie wasn't a diva who doesn't know how to do anything so she just complains and moans." Amanda looks annoyed. "I'm going to go prepare for this lip sync. Know that if you're in the bottom with me, I'm sending you home, Tara."
"TRY ME." Tara laughs. "I want to see you try."
"God, tonight is a mess..." Sakuya sips her tea.
Meanwhile, Poliova looks in the mirror. "I... can... do this.."
~ Welcome back, my Monarch's. I've made some decisions...
Tomana, you're safe. Well done.
"Thank you!" Tomana smiles. Bangcock, baby, you are FUN! You're safe. Bangcock: "Finally, not safe! This is good. But... winning next, please?" Hangry, this week, you showed us there's a lot more to you. Condragulations, you are the winner of this week's challenge.
Hangry smiles. "Wow. Thank you." Hangry: "I've gotten a win, and it means a lot. I do have a chance here. I was brought back for a reason."
... Tara, you're safe.
"Seriously?" Jennie says to Lu.
Tara smiles. "Thank you." Tara: "See that? Honey KNEW." Tara smiles. "I hope little Amanda like this." Unfortunately, that means Amanda Cherries and Poliova Gratuysk... you are up for elimination. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFcgOboQZ08 Two Monarch's stand before me. Prior to tonight, you were asked to prepare a lip sync performance to 'Dilbar' by Neha Kakkar. The time has come... For you to lip sync. FOR YOUR LIFE! Good luck... and don't fuck it up! Poliova Gratuysk: "I am lip syncing for my life. Wow. Let's.. do this. I know I can do this." Amanda Cherries: "I've worked my butt off to get here. I am not going. Not like this, not yet."
~ Who wins? Spreadsheet
submitted by AustralianChrono
to RPDRfantasyseason [link] [comments]
2020.10.18 00:02 Miscblogger92 If The Bold Type gets renewed, what would your ideal s5 storylines be?
If TBT does get a season 5 (fingers crossed despite the chaos of s4), what would you hope for the characters? Behind the scenes, I hope they finally have a writers room that's representative of the diverse cast of the show. In terms of storylines, this is what I would like to see... This is where the s5 storyline takes each of the gals (have written this hoping 5 isn't the last).
We start with a 2 year time jump. Season 5 will take place over one year (hopefully with an 18 episode order): Kat:
Kat embraces her true self: unacpologetically herself, refusing to stand down to fight for what is right, and sticks to her values.
- Career: Creates her own social media platform that connects like minded individuals and educates their audience on human rights and how to become involved.
- Romance: Kat and Adena remain friendly, and no longer have any unresolved romantic feelings. Kat has spent the past two years continuing to become sexually liberated, unapologetic of her Bisexual identity, and enjoys casually dating. By the end of season 5, we find Kat falling in love with someone who also fully embraces her for who she is, shares Kat values and never tries to hold her back, and Kat is in a place where she can accept all the love she deserves.
Sutton will have the most turbulent journey out of the three ladies this season.
- Career: Sutton's styling career at Scarlett propelled her into being the most highly sought stylist in New York. She now works as a freelance stylist and leaves Scarlett, but continues to stay in touch with Oliver and sees him as a friend and mentor.
- Romance: After separating at the end of season 4, Sutton and Richard briefly rekindle their marriage. They desperately try to make things work, and Richard forgives Sutton for hooking up with her ex, but they cannot move past the hurdle of Richard being ready to settle into family life and Sutton not knowing if she will ever want kids. This leads them to divorcing, and Sutton encompassing her whole life into her styling career as the heartbreak feels to painful to deal with. As s5 progresses, Sutton starts therapy and finally starts working through her journey with Richard. She discovers that she is actually open to having kids, but was too scared that she would repeat her mom's mistakes. The discovery of wanting children again leads Sutton to wanting to turn to Richard again; ready to fully embrace their relationship. However, to Sutton's devastation, she learns that Richard is re-married and is planning for family. He has moved on from Sutton. This is a set-back from Sutton as she feels she lost the love of her life, however, as she continues therapy she discovers that the real reason her relationship didn't work was because despite being deeply in love, they were never on the same page and didn't know how to communicate/neither was willing to compromise for the other. By the end of s5, Sutton is open to finding love again, and unexpectedly begins to rekindle her romance with Alex.
Jane makes drastic changes and realisations in s5.
Career: Jane's vertical is a success, but the longer she spends at Scarlett, the more she finds herself losing her voice and feels like she can no longer progress. In a shocking move, Jane quits Scarlett at the beginning of s5 and starts to develop her own digital magazine for women that is led by voices under 30.
Romance: The days of Pinstripe are long and gone. Quite soon after Pinstripe, Jane surprisingly rekindles her romance with Hot Doc Brian. However, this is short lived, and Jane realises she has never been single for a significant amount of time in her 20s. She decides to casually date and get to know herself out of relationships. Despite her BRACA and egg freezing process, this journey of self-discovery leads Jane to the realisation that she does not want kids, and is perfectly happy with the decision.
With none of the gals working at the same place in s5, this is the first series where we see the trifecta friendship truly tested. We discover that with their careers taking off and all having their own level of self-discovery, the girls start forming different friendships and connections outside of their group, and that by the beginning of s5, they haven't met up in person in over a year. After many cancellations and rain checks, the girls finally meet for dinner, and to everyone's relief and joy, they pick up right where they left off. They laugh, cry, hug, and celebrate each other. The rest of the season lets us know these girls will always be part of each others lives, but we spend most of the season seeing the girls with new friends and forming new significant relationships.
season 5 Cliffhangers:
- Kat: Kat ends the season 5 emotionally fulfilled in all aspects of life. She is in love and in the last episode, her girlfriend is offered a job in London. Her girlfriend asks: 'will you move to London with me?
- Sutton: Sutton, moved on from Richard and re-starting a relationship with Alex, feels happy and settled. In her last scene of season 5, Sutton receives a text from Richard: 'Sutton. I'm getting a divorce. Please call me...I love you.'
- Jane: By the end of season 5, Jane's new magazine is thriving. 2 episodes before the finale we discover that Scarlett goes bankrupt and the magazine is no more. In that last episode of s5, Jane advertises a new job opportunity at her magazine: Assistant to Editor-in-Chief. Her first applicant walks in for an interview: It's Jacqueline.
So TBT fans, what do you think? What would your dream season 5 entail?
submitted by Miscblogger92
to TheBoldTypeTV [link] [comments]
2020.10.16 10:20 Gsw- Serpent - Final answer, lock it in
Let me preface this by saying I am not the first person to make this guess, and I must admit that the Serpent has been my personal favorite thus far in Season 4. Not saying he's the best, I just can't get enough of his voice. There are several very deserving performers in this season who just might win it all. WARNING:
I've provided some links as clues or citations/sources for my guess as to who the Serpent is. If you don't want to be spoiled by my guess as to who the Serpent may potentially be, don't click any of the links!
That said, I believe that the clue package in this episode along with a second chance at hearing his voice has made it almost obvious as to the identity of this talented singer.
Based on the clue package in Performance #2:
- He mentions an "unorthodox path to get here - starting out I could barely make rent. To get by I sold clothes" -- the clue package shows him in a clothing store. On this Instagram post, he states that "After I graduated from college I worked at the Gap in New York for a year while doing medical research. My goal was to save up enough money to do a post bac program in order to get into medical school."
- In this same scene in the clothing store, you can see a mannequin/statue wearing a doctor's outfit (scrubs) with a stethoscope.
- He says "I had patience" - a play on words - to be interpreted as "I had patients" - as we all know a doctor's clients are otherwise known as patients.
- "All I heard from the gatekeepers was 'no, no, no!'" - this goes back to that same aforementioned Instagram post about rejection, where he states "I eventually saved enough and started a post-bac program that required a 3.5 GPA for admission. At the end of the program I had a 3.4 GPA and got a “We regret to inform you....rejection letter” from every single medical school I applied to that year..."
- In the clue package he then states "I stayed driven and finally broke through" - and shows him in a pink cadillac. Who had an iconic pink cadillac? Elvis Presley.
- He then states "In a way, those initial failures were my gateway to the masked singer" --> once again, this goes along with that same theme in that same Instagram post: "I’ve learned the deep truth....that when life/God/the universe puts a challenge before you.....it’s only to force you to reach higher as you climb. Keep climbing you beautiful people. The mountain will not be smooth because if it was you would never be able to climb it.....I know from experience"
- The clue package shows a croissant several times - his last name is French
- The beginning of the clue package shows him at the ATM and alludes to him having nothing left in his bank account. That same Instagram post also alludes to his struggles financially: "All I had was $33 dollars left in my bank account. I was counting on being able to apply for early financial aid once I got into Med school as a means of getting through the summer."
Based on the clue package in Performance #1:
- The clue package shows a book: How to Dig Yourself Out of Debt: once again, alluding to the fact that he was struggling financially and had nothing left in his bank account and was totally depending on financial aid.
- The clue package shows a map of the Caribbean - he's of Haitian descent.
- The clue package: musicology and medicine - self explanatory here.
- He states "My pops saved me with a one-way ticket away from the wrong crowd and onto a path towards success" - The father clue is because he was raised by his single father who often worked two or three jobs and guided him and helped better himself to stay on the right path to become a doctor. He credits his dad for passing on a sense of compassion and optimism. (Source)
- "I didnt want to cause pain, but heal pain" - both as a doctor healing physical pain, and all of the praise he has gotten from his patients and others as his singing has helped people to take their mind off of their physical pain or problems in life. His singing is healing in its own way.
Based on the identity previews before Episode 1:
- He says "If you want to know how I instantly appeared, here's the prescription number to my identity".
- This alludes to him "instantly" appearing on youtube and going viral as a sensational singing doctor performing live at hospitals; but also, the prescription “label” number being “31118” as a clue to his identity - Elvis Presley’s Christmas record label code number is 31118. (Source)
- His mother specifically named him after Elvis Presley. Just before he was born, his mother had a vivid dream that she was at an Elvis concert with her son, whom she had originally planned to call Gregory. That name quickly went out the window. (Source)
Now, aside from the clues, let's talk about the good stuff; his voice.
1) Here is the youtube video of his first performance
2) Here is the youtube video of his second performance
Listen to those and now listen to this talented fellow sing the following:
4) Color Blind Cover
5) Rise Up
Ladies and gentlemen, I believe the Serpent is none other than the multi-talented Dr. Elvis Francois
. And though many contestants this season are certainly deserving, I personally am rooting for him to go all the way.
submitted by Gsw-
to TheMaskedSinger [link] [comments]
2020.10.15 22:03 LadyKakata GOT THOT Thoughts (S8 SPOILERS)
What’s In Starkbucks Coffee In Westeros? How EVERYONE Lost Their Damn Minds.
I’m still annoyed over Season 8, and I feel like talking about it. Most people that I ask face-to-face about S8 come to me with disappointment but are overall satisfied, and 90% of them are very on the ‘well, Dany was going to go mad/she was always mad’ train. I have to ask if these people watched the same show, and I keep pointing out that EVERYONE was badly written, but it seems that people are just simply keen to shit all over Daenerys for some reason.
So, I’m going to go over some characters and why I felt like their characters were mangled, mishandled, or botched either during S8 or showing signs of going into a bad direction with S7 or even S6. Here are my thoughts about random characters and their places. Daenerys
– I’ve ranted a lot about her, so we are skipping for now (Credit: MuttPeeta on Tumblr)
: It’s worth noting that Lena Hedy, her actress, tried to protest against the decision to have her bed Euron Greyjoy, pointing out rightfully that she would not be the kind to give into bedding a man she doesn’t want to whilst in a position to refuse completely, and would be reluctant to even marry him. All signs were that she was hoping he’d get his stupid arse killed fighting Yara and Theon, and she would both have the naval side of the war sorted and be rid of a problematic marriage she very clearly doesn’t want. She has no shame in bedding Jaime in front of servants, I fail to see how she wouldn’t simply rule as a single Queen with her brother as her lover, if Jaime’s arc wasn’t continued or also botched. Her death is where I take the most exception. While her sidestepping The Mountain and The Hound was fucking funny – (Credit: Ladyofmemes on Tumblr)
In the end she dies in Jaime’s embrace. I fully expected him to strangle her at the last minute or something, but no? She dies in his arms, or he dies in hers, and she dies carrying his baby. She was supposed to miscarry in the final episode of S7, specifically waking up in a bloody bed, and this was going to be a gear shift for her as she had truly lost absolutely everything. Really, she reached that point before, so her becoming pregnant again was not needed other than rope Jaime into having a reason to believe she was going to be good and guilt Tyrion into not having her murdered.
I foresaw her using the people of KL as a meatshield to paint Daenerys as a bad person or otherwise force her into tough military decisions in order to spare as much life as possible, but that simply didn’t seem to happen. Dany’s ‘snap’ did what Cersei’s own actions could have done much more effectively and much more in character. For someone who has been one of the most irredeemable villains and is actually losing a grip on her facilties in the books, it BAFFLES me that this is the direction they took her. She should have just gone HAM on a credible threat and someone who very clearly fits the ‘younger, more beautiful Queen’ she previously assumed Sansa then Margery of being. She’s a monster, and should have died alone and broken, not in Jaime’s arms and crying about a baby.
Also, why was she drinking after fucking Euron? She was pregnant at this point, unless she simply doesn’t understand not drinking when pregnant?
Tyrion Lannister :
What can I say about you, except – https://i.redd.it/ugyuukhd9bt51.gif
His arc was one of realising that, y’know what, all this shit ain’t worth it and he realises he is nothing more than a pawn himself, no matter how sheltered his upbringing. He seemed to be earning back his honour under Daenerys, and how many of us were THRILLED at her making him Hand of the Queen and him bowing to her in return??? It seemed like a dream pairing; a very experienced hand who knows Westerosi politics inside out advising the Dragon Queen. But fuck me sideways with a bag of mince, that just went flying out the window and off into outer space. He seemed to just become fearful and paranoid a lot of the time. He clearly had a very hard time adjusting to Essosi culture, not understanding they are far more interested in survival than wine and stories, and his attempt to mollify the Wise Masters ended in near-disaster, something Daenerys was DEEPLY unhappy about. He won in the end with a careful show of brute strength and the return of Drogon, but he was very close to falling down at the first hurdle, a misstep we haven’t quite seen since Petyr Baelish let his Tully-boner blind him to Sansa’s games.
He might have been frightened by Daenerys’ power and how harsh Essos is, but he made it clear he didn’t consider her her father, and he had spent enough time with Grey Worm, Missandei and Jorah to know that Daenerys is more than her cold-for-Masters front. Varys had to do very little talking to convince him Daenerys was going made, despite seeing her mercy with his own eyes, and he knew perfectly well how many times Randyll Tarly had turned his coat for Tyrells and Lannisters alike
. He damn well pointed it out. And Randyll refused Daenerys’ mercy, so there was only one other option. Why did he seem shocked by it? Why did he think Dany was suddenly a bad apple? Was he terrified of the power of the dragons?
He was struck by a case of dumb. Next.
Actually wait, I wanna talk about his relationship with Cersei. Now, he’s made it clear they hate each other, and the only reason they haven’t killed each other sooner is that Jaime won’t forgive them if they did. In the books, Tyrion outright threatens to RAPE the woman. And yet, he wanted Jaime to take her to Essos in hiding and live out their lives? Sorry, run that by me one more time? This woman that wanted you absolutely dead, has a bounty on your head, is becoming a monster, and you want her spared? What the fuck does Cersei need to DO for you to turn on her, Tyrion? You had reached your limit in S5, that’s why you fucked off to meet Daenerys, remember? Why did you suddenly want to be nice to her? Even Jaime ditched her paranoid, manipulative arse and Jaime is the one fucking her willingly.
Speaking of Jaime …
Jaime Lannister :
BRO. NON-INCESTIOUS BRO. WHAT THE FUCK.
Okay, calm, start again. So, Jaime’s entire arc was realising that he was not some guilded pretty boy, being stripped back to the honourable knight he started out as when he joined the Kingsguard, and realising that there was more to life than his title and his sword hand. With his bro Brienne, he was becoming a more grounded man, a better person. Brienne pretty much modelled ideal knight behaviour, and brought the more human side out of him. I was never a fan of the ship between the two, as I like my Brienne without romantic complications, and preferred to think of Brienne as a family member Jaime SHOULD have had and who should have been his template for a knight. Jaime become soured with the treatment of Rhaella by King Aerys, and he lost himself in being a dick. Seeing Mycella die in front of him, seeing Cersei’s terrible nature, being stripped of his dignity and his sword hand, they all reduced him to allow him to start again.
AND HE THREW IT ALL AWAY.
He came to Daenerys as someone with a lot to lose, with only Tyrion really to speak in favour of him. It’s interesting, as a tumblr user pointed out,
that Jaime never referred to her as mad. And this is someone who personally knew and saw the horrors of King Aerys’ madness. Not once. He came humbled, knowing militarily how fucked they would be against the NK’s army from the reports that Daenerys and Jon gave him. His horror was plain and he stated to Cersei that they are all fucked unless they band together and fight as one unit against the night. Him knighting Brienne was the one gigantic YES FUCK YES moment of S8. Brienne got what she always wanted, she was Ser Brienne of Tarth, honourable knight. And in S4, that was fucking THROWN AWAY when Jaime fucked her then ran to join Cersei. At first, I held hope that he was going to kill her from inside, be a Queenslayer to save the people of KL as he did with Aerys many years before. I waited, I hoped, especially when he wasn’t able to get into the Red Keep.
Then that fucking embarrassing slapfight with Euron happened, and I couldn’t believe what I was really watching. Euron dies, Yara doesn’t even get the satisfaction of doing it herself, and Jaime limps up to see Cersei.
Again, I waited to see if he would snap her neck or something to fufil the much-lauded Valonqar prophecy, but NO. AGAIN. They simply die in each other’s arms. His character arc and her prophecy both die without ceremony, and it felt very much like ‘rocks fall, the end’. Bullshit. A more dedicated Jaime fan could go wild with this section, even without the Brienne parts. Brienne, honey, I’m so sorry this fuckknuckle did that to you.
Ser Brienne of Tarth :
LOOK AT WHAT THEY DID TO MY SECOND QUEEN. *LOOK AT IT* https://i.redd.it/7omh59zi9bt51.gif
She was knighted, SHIT YES FOR ALL HER LOYAL SERVICE SHE DESERVED IT YHAAASSSSS. And then Jaime fucked her and completely ruined every fucking thing. She becomes head of the Kingsguard under Bran, and writes some bullshit in the Book of Brothers about how honourable Jaime was. GIRL. NO HE FUCKING WASN’T. You were never shy about calling out his shitty behaviour, don’t fucking do it when he ran back to his fucking monster sister after humping and dumping you!
Look at what they did ;^;
Sansa Stark-Lannister-Bolton-Stark : Sansa. Sansa. I fucking defended you. I FUCKING DEFENDED YOU. YOU WERE DOING SO FUCKING WELL IN S6. I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE HOW FUCKING DISAPPPOINTED I AM IN YOU.
Okay. Okay. So, the image of Sansa on a Stark throne fucking annoys me in more ways than one. First off, that crown is ugly and the designer should have been fired. Ew. Just. In general. To all of what's in the image. Ew.
I've talked before about how Sansa's arc in S6 was about realising that family is the one thing that can be trusted and she can rely on her own kind, the kind that she shunned in favour of the glamourous life of Lords and Ladies in King's Landing. The life that was savage and nothing but guilded flattery on top of a rotten and vicious corpse. I was cheered when she rid herself of Baelish, I was happy to see Sansa and Arya working together. I was not happy with her initial attitude towards Dany, but I was willing to give a little leeway considering her trauma and the cost of getting back Winterfell.
What really sours my plums is when she suddenly throws Jon under the bus when it comes to the Iron Throne, outing his non-Stark heritage in a way that seems calculated to get him out of the way to the rights of Winterfell, despite her surprise at Jon giving the Lord's chambers to her when they retook Winterfell. She pretty much turned into a Cersei in her own right, and it spits in the face of her entire character arc. She got rid of all other claims to Winterfell by having Bran as King, Arya off on adventures, Jon exiled. She's the only Stark left.
This was the same Sansa that begged Jon to take back Winterfell, the same Sansa that was going to do everything in her power to keep him safe from Baelish, the same Sansa that was referring to Jon openly as her brother. All of that. Gone. I'm REALLY surprised more Sansa stans aren't angry at how she turned out. She 'won', but she's not Sansa. Not really. She's Cersei 2.0. Gods help anyone that has to deal with her as Queen in the North.
Her single good moment was when she told Edmure Tully to sit the fuck down when he tried to make a case for the Iron Throne as King. That was fucking hilarious.
Brandon Stark, The Three-Eyed Raven
: Who the fuck is even this creature anymore. Yeah, suddenly being attacked by White Walkers and getting your guardian slaughtered and the Three-Eyed Raven murdered will traumatise anyone ... but exactly what direction was his actor given? Be weird and airy and distant? WHAT PART OF HIS STORY WAS ABOUT GETTING THE IRON THRONE!??! Him being placed on it made no Godsdamn sense and I'm still BAFFLED by this. I don't wanna talk about this creep and neither should you
COMING UP - JON AND ARYA because I need a break for a few minutes and I am still mad about lots of things. Oh, and Night King, forgot about him. Like everyone else.
submitted by LadyKakata
to DaenerysWinsTheThrone [link] [comments]
2020.10.15 15:47 readingrachelx Housewife highlights/Daily shit talk - October 15th, 2020
There's a lot today so I'm splitting it up by franchise. ORANGE COUNTY
- Shannon Beador teases RHOC in quarantine, and without Vicki and Tamra (Entertainment Weekly) “It’s always a slow start, so we were just sort of gearing up. I remember I was thinking, ‘I gotta get down the bottom of that, and then I’ve gotta figure that out,’” Beador recalls of the season’s early conflicts. “And then we get the call: we’re shutting down.” Shooting stopped and quarantine began right after the ladies took a trip to Palm Springs, about five weeks into production. To keep the show rolling, all the cast members were asked to film themselves at home, coping with the uncertainty of the pandemic along with the rest of the country. Despite the anti-glamour of lockdown, “I wanted to be authentic,” Beador says of her self-filming. “I would document the good and the bad. I wanted to show that sometimes it was a struggle.” “Each one of us has a very different personality and we all handle things differently, so I think it will be really interesting to see,” Beador says. “I would be the ‘panic person’ of the group. And I… did fulfill that during the pandemic.” With Gunvalson and Judge off the show, the Tres Amigas didn’t last off-camera. “When I heard [they were leaving] I was sad, I was shocked, I was upset about it,” Beador says. “But you know… there were a lot of untruths said about me by both of those women, and I know that they’re untruths but I choose not to go back and forth in the press because that’s not the person I am. So it’s been sad for me to know that friendships that I thought were genuine and valid and authentic aren’t. So that’s been a tough pill for me to swallow.” Gunvalson and Judge’s exits leave Beador, who joined the cast in season 9, as the current longest-running OC Housewife, which she says feels “surreal,” but “I don’t think about things like that.” Her story continues with the addition of boyfriend John, whom she mentioned in the season 14 reunion but appears for the first time in the season 15 premiere. “He was not excited to be on the show,” Beador says with a laugh. “He’s pretty private. But you know, I have let it all out, for better or for worse, since I started on the show seven years ago. And he understood that relationships have been a part of my journey, and if I’m in a relationship with someone, I have to show it. And I think he’s very genuine when he filmed with me, so I’m grateful that he did.” Also joining the lineup is new Housewife Elizabeth Lyn Vargas, the founder and CEO of a music video streaming service who also holds the distinction of being the “second [new] cast member that Shannon Storms Beador gets along with!” Beador exclaims. “She’s got a lot of layers, that one. I like to use the word ‘complex’ when I describe her. I had a lot of fun with her — not to say I didn’t have issues that came up later on.” Because despite quarantine, the ladies still found time for issues. Production resumed, at a distance, in the summer — at which time Beador and her three daughters had all tested positive for COVID (all four have now recovered). She wasn’t allowed to film with the rest of the cast, however, until she had tested negative again. “I was just devastated,” she remembers. Despite the disruptions to shooting, the ‘wives made the most of the time they had: “I have issues with every single cast member this season, in the short time we filmed,” Beador says, not without cheer. “I think it’s going to be fun to watch.”
- ‘RHOC’ Newcomer Elizabeth Lyn Vargas Said Cast Members Told Her to Be Herself on Social Media (Cheatsheet) "Vargas received backlash for some of her social media shares, especially for coming to the defense of Dodd, who has made several controversial remarks on social media. “Everyone has an opinion and frankly, I’m disappointed in the fact that no one understands Kelly, which is fine,” Vargas said in an Instagram story. “Kelly has her own point of view, why are you judging her? Why? We all have our opinions. Why are you judging her for hers?” The Instagram video went viral and Vargas quickly realized that being a housewife means that everyone is going to have an opinion. “I’m not used to being in the spotlight in the media,” she told Showbiz Cheat Sheet. “And, you know, I’m not used to when I post something, it meaning so much. So a lot of the women are giving me some advice on social media and posting and saying to just be yourself.” Vargas received backlash before the season even started. “That’s awesome [about being yourself],” she added. “But but there is a fine line on being yourself right now because of COVID. There’s a lot of sensitivity out there. So I’m just trying to navigate the storm correctly. But what they’ve given me advice on is there’s no correct way to live. You just live and be you.” She laughed and said the cast joked about how the backlash she’s received thus far is nothing compared to what will happen when the season heats up. “They warned me,” she laughed. “They said you think this is bad? Wait ’til the season starts!” “There is definitely some conflict throughout the season,” she teased. “But I was going through a massive divorce. Almost a $2 billion divorce. And I had to go into trial. I mean, that’s insane. Having cameras around and trying to meet new people. And then COVID hit! All the sadness with people. So you know what? I thought I’m going to make people laugh at this show. Because my life is kind of funny.” “When I first started the show, I was and I still am so excited to work with very strong women because to be on this show, you have to have a serious backbone,” she observed. “You know, in business, sometimes you don’t get to hang out with women like that because you’re working all the time.” “So this gig was going to give me an opportunity to kind of get to know these women and have fun with them,” she added. “Throughout the season I got to know Shannon [Beador] and everyone warned me about Shannon. I gotta tell you, she was great! They like scared me and I was like thinking, ‘Oh my God does she have fangs or what?'” “And then I got to meet Braunwyn [Windham-Burke], which was awesome,” Vargas continued. “She kind of has all these different viewpoints throughout the season. Then, you know, we go do our thing. And, you know, we may or may not agree on certain viewpoints, but I love her to death for being her. And of course, Kelly is just a fireball. Kelly is Kelly.” Vargas was introduced to the cast through Dodd. “I loved meeting Gina [Kirschenheiter],” she said. Vargas and Kirschenheiter bonded over being from outside Orange County. Kirschenheiter is originally from New York and Vargas moved from Missouri. “So getting to know her personality and how she accepts life and she’s definitely, to me, a survivor. And that’s very admirable.” Viewers will also see Vargas contend with her painful divorce. She was surrounded by attorneys which provided the perfect gateway bond with Emily Simpson. “So when I met Emily, it was just a given that we hit it off,” she said.
- Real Housewives of Orange County's Braunwyn Windham-Burke describes COVID-19 impact on season 15 (Digital Spy) "I think we had heard, you know, rumours it was coming, but we were okay. So we weren't very concerned at the beginning. I will say we had a big all-cast event on, I wanna say, March 10. Like, two days before everything starts to shut down. At that all-cast event, you could tell we were starting to get worried. "My family was there. My grandfather's a doctor, and he didn't come, just in case. We knew this was coming, but we didn't know what was going to happen. Then, I remember I was filming with my son and we heard that another show had 'gone dark'. I remember asking, what does that mean? 'Gone dark'? "It was like, 'We quit production'. Then we heard, oh, LA closed. It was, oh wait, this is real but this won't happen here or to us! And then we got the phone call that the show was going dark. I think they sent crews to each of our homes to wrap up our last moments, and I remember saying, 'OK, see you in two weeks'." The cast were encouraged not to speak to one another during the hiatus in order to "keep the storylines going", but it quickly became apparent that the production shutdown would be much longer than two weeks. "We had to cook on our own," Braunwyn joked. "I know that sounds so bougie but we weren't allowed to go to restaurants or whatever, so we had groceries. We had to feed ourselves, and we had to cook with masks on and those shields! "I remember, at a certain point, I was like, 'F**k this! I'm just going to eat turkey slices with my fingers because I can't do this. This is too hard.' It was actually kinda comical watching all of us. I mean, something might have caught on fire. It was pretty hilarious." A brewing debate remains with Real Housewives fandom over whether people are ready to relive the trauma of the early pandemic on TV, but Braunwyn is hopeful this season will be cathartic viewing. "I deal with hard things with humour, so it's not just going to be very heavy," she promised. "There's a lot of funny stuff that goes on... [like] trying to feed seven children. My joke is that if I'd have known there was going to be a global pandemic, I wouldn't have had all these kids! "There is some humour at watching women like me, who've never had to do normal, everyday stuff... It's a very serious issue. We all know that. But there is a lot of light-hearted in this because we all have children. Or, almost all of us have children and we had to make the best of a very hard situation. "Like a lot of viewers did. A lot of us had to laugh through it to get by. And they are going to show a lot of that."
- Emily Simpson Feels Like She's Off 'Housewives Survivor' After Vicki and Tamra's 'RHOC' Exits (ET Online exclusive) "I feel like the dynamic among the cast members is much more real and authentic," Emily shares with ET over video chat. "I don't think there's a lot of the normal manipulation going on where, you know, you feel like you're not on a reality show, you feel like you're on Survivor, where you're trying to make alliances with people so you don't get kicked off the Housewife Island." "That's really basically what I felt like for the last two years was, like, I'm just trying to be friends with someone so that I don't get kicked off the Housewife Island," she adds. "This season, I felt like I was less on the defense and more able to be myself and just have real relationships with the other cast members." "We really all rallied and did the best we could," she says. "It's a very bittersweet season. … It's not as many episodes as normal, but I think the fact that we managed to come out with 13 or 14 or whatever it is I mean, I think that's a huge accomplishment that should be applauded instead of people saying like, 'Oh, we're not on the season, so that's why there's only 14 episodes.' I mean, give me a break. We're dealing with a worldwide pandemic here. Like, don't make it about you." "It doesn't just focus on the pandemic," Emily promises of season 15. "Obviously, we had to film during that, so it comes up … and for me, I think it's interesting, because I don't know what the other five women were doing. I don't know how they dealt with it. I don't know what they were doing in their houses 24/7. I don't know how they were dealing with their significant others and everything and all the challenges that we had." The season 15 trailer shows Emily in tears, telling the camera, "I don’t know what to do." She says fans will have to wait and see what that dramatic moment is all about, but says it's a defining moment for the season and for her, personally. "The second half of the season is really interesting because some very deep and very, very -- I don't even know what the word is… traumatic, maybe, things come up that no one really knows about that wasn't in the press," Emily teases. "I think it's really interesting for people to hold on and watch the entire season, because I think they're going to be really surprised by things that happen." Emily says the mysterious, traumatic event actually brings her and Shannon Beador together. The two have never been close in Emily's years on the show, something that Emily blames on Shannon's association with Vicki and Tamra, aka the "Tres Amigas." Vicki and Tamra have been very vocal on social media that they don't agree with that assessment. "I went into season 15 and I didn't want to hold a grudge with Shannon," Emily says. "I really like Shannon, I'm glad that I have the opportunity to get to know her and I feel like without Tamra being on the show, or without Vicki, it opens up a whole new Shannon." "She's una amiga right now, but she needs some otras amigas," she adds. Emily jokes that Bravo should add a ticker to the episodes to see how many times Shannon asks her if "fun Emily" is coming out to play. "I wanted to be like, 'Shannon, I've always been fun. You just never gave me the opportunity!'" she admits. "Like, you never even talked to me before, so how would you know if I was? And I wasn't fun last year. I do have to take ownership of that. I had a bad year. I was in a lot of pain. I just wasn't in a good place. In my marriage and my life and my health. I'm a new woman this season." Emily ended season 14 with a "life-changing" hip replacement (her season 15 tagline shouts this out), undergoing surgery just a week before shooting the reunion, where she and her husband, Shane, faced a tough line of questioning about their relationship and Shane's abrasive personality. Emily says she hopes season 15 shows the softer side of Shane. "If I took in every piece of criticism, I would have divorced him two years ago," Emily says of the audience's reaction to her husband of more than 10 years. "I really have to focus on the Shane that I know versus everyone bombarding me with what I should do." "We do have a really good relationship, and there is a very strong, solid foundation," Emily adds. "I think every long-term marriage goes through years where you have really high highs and you have really low lows … and I'm proud of the fact that we didn't just get divorced and become another Real Housewife statistic." "Both of us really made a big effort to change, to recognize the other person, to treat them better and to build a better marriage," she continues. "I don't think that Shane and I will ever be one of those Housewife statistics. I think that we made it through a really hard time and we came out the other side." Emily admits that Shane doesn't always pick up social cues and that's led to many of their uncomfortable moments onscreen, like when he repeatedly tried to force her to eat bread while she was on a diet. "He thinks it's funny and he can be amusing, the problem is that if you only watch him on a show where you get small snippets of him, you don't understand the full [picture]," she says. "But there's also a very, very funny, witty side to Shane, too." Today, Emily says she and Shane are in a good place (even if he still hasn't passed the California Bar Exam), and she notes it was a "huge, huge accomplishment" to not kill him during quarantine. "During that quarantine, I really focused on Shane and our relationship and my kids and our family," she says. "I came out of it just knowing that my priority was my husband, my marriage and my children and then everything else just trickles down from that. And so that's where I'm at in my life." While Emily’s quarantine seems pretty low-key, her co-star Kelly Dodd's pandemic-related behavior has sparked plenty of controversy. From sharing false information about COVID-19, to traveling all around the country and seemingly making light of the Black Lives Matter movement, Kelly is under fire with the fandom as season 15 begins. "I think Kelly is just Kelly, and I think she has a good heart and I think she's a good person and I think people are quick to jump on her and criticize her," Emily says in response to the backlash. "Kelly does say things that are insensitive and can be taken the wrong way, and I get that, but the thing about Kelly that makes her such a good reality star, per se, is the fact that she's completely unfiltered at all times." "When she's on a show and she tells somebody off, and she's completely unhinged, people think it's amazing and call her a queen," she continues. "But when she's the same way about something going on in life, they don't like what she says. So, it's just… it's who she is. She's not going to be politically correct on one hand and then, like, outrageous on the show. She's always going to be outrageous." Overall, Emily says she wishes the fans would spend less time digging into what the 'Wives are doing on social media and just enjoy the show for its entertainment value. "I think it’s a waste of time," she says of looking for things to attack the women over online. "I think people need to really take this time to focus on things that are positive, and their families and children, or friends or whatever." Emily says she's not sure if anyone confronts Kelly about her behavior on camera this season because they weren't able to film a ton of group events once production started back up under health and safety protocols. They shot a lot of two-person meet-ups, outdoors with social distancing. As far as Emily's other co-stars, she says season 15 brings her and Gina Kirschenheiter back to the closeness they had on their first season together, season 13, and that fans should get ready for all that newbie Elizabeth Lyn Vargas brings to the table. "I think she's bizarre and eccentric, but I mean that in a good way," Emily says. "I even tell her that to her face. I'm like, 'You're so weird, but weird in an interesting way.' Like, there's a lot of layers to her. … I think she's great on the show, because there's so many different things that come up about her and she has a great personality. She's very, very bubbly and friendly and that comes off really well, I think, and she really makes an effort to be friends with everyone." While Elizabeth may have become a pal to all, it seems that Braunwyn Windham-Burke may have actually lost all of her friendships this season. The mom of seven recently revealed that she's not speaking to any of her RHOC castmates. "She's not talking to any of us because we all unfollowed her," Emily clarifies. "Each one of us kind of unfollowed her for different reasons, and on our own terms." Emily says she chose to unfriend Braunwyn online after Braunwyn's behavior at the cast's finale party. "It was the last time that we were allowed, all six of us, to be together and I just I didn't particularly like the way she acted and the way things went down," Emily teases. "I didn't block her or anything. I just unfollowed and, you know, there's a lot of things that need to be resolved with her." Earlier this month, Shannon confessed to ET that the group questions Braunwyn's authenticity this season, a statement to which Emily agrees. She says she’s fully prepared to bring a binder of evidence against Braunwyn to the cast's reunion at the end of the season. "I've got materials. You name it, I've got it," she says. "I'm an attorney, so I analyze things and I like facts. I don't think anybody should jump on someone else out of emotions or anything like that. So, I do have a very factual, analytical argument as to things that she's done that I find completely inauthentic and, you know, I'm ready and willing to address those."
- Yes, That's 'RHOC' OG Jeana Keough's Voice on the Season 15 Premiere! (ET Online exclusive) No, your ears didn't deceive you. That was The Real Housewives of Orange County alum Jeana Keough lending her voice to the season 15 premiere's cold open. "They say the seasons don't change around here, but that's not quite true," Keough coos over beach sounds in the first seconds of the episode. "There's the winter of friendships past, the spring of new beginnings, the blistering summer of romances ablaze and the autumn harvest of reaping what we've sown," she continues, as iconic clips from the franchise's first 14 seasons play out onscreen, the ghosts of Housewives past floating by, from Lauri Peterson saying, "This is going to get ugly," to Vicki Gunvalson shouting about a "little family van," Jo De La Rosa getting dolled up for Slade Smiley, Lynne Curtin crying and Tamra Judge shouting "That's my opinion." "But take it from me: each season in Orange Country is unlike the last, and the season’s don’t just turn," Keough says at the end of the intro. "They change us forever, too." So, how did the voice over -- the first of its kind on Real Housewives -- come to be, and why was Keough the one to usher in the new season? ET went straight to the source to find out, chatting with Keough herself and Erica Forstadt, Vice President of Current Production at Bravo. "It's season 15 this year and we wanted to do something special for our cold open," Forstadt tells ET. "The women's lives have changed so much from the last year to this year. They’re all in new relationships, a lot of them had moved and we wanted to create a cold open that would help tell that story and because it’s season 15, we wanted to reward our longtime viewers and give them kind of an Easter egg." By looking toward the future, Bravo went back to the beginning and the series' origins. The Real Housewives franchise was partially born out of the pop culture phenomenon that was Desperate Housewives, which began every episode with a narration from the dearly departed Mary Alice Young. Producers decided doing a Desperate-style voice over would be a perfect "wink" to the show's start -- and the perfect “water cooler moment" to kick off a new year. "It's a voice that’s familiar but not completely obvious," Forstadt notes, "and you still kinda have to guess who it is, but obviously for our dedicated, longtime viewers people will tend to know and understand that it’s Jeana Keough." Keough, who starred on RHOC for its first five seasons, says she got a text from the head of the production company behind the show, Evolution Media’s Douglas Ross, a few weeks ago about the opportunity. "I've always felt very motherly about the show, you know that," the 65-year-old tells ET. "Whenever they invite me, I show up, and I always do things that they ask me to do. … It was really fun and I thought of it, it could be flattery or they could’ve asked 10 other girls and they said, 'No.' So, I always just take it with a grain of salt." Producers provided Jeana with the copy, which she thought was "really interesting," noting that the show "does change you forever," as the closing line states. Season 15 is full of change, itself. It's the first season of The Real Housewives of Orange County to not feature an original cast member. Vicki Gunvalson, the show's last-standing first season star, departed the series at the end of season 15. Gunvalson has long (jokingly) battled Keough over who "started" RHOC, and while Forstadt says it wasn't the network’s intention by any means, choosing Keough for the voice over role seems to be a nod, at least subconsciously, to who's the real "OG of the OC." Keough notes that she was, truly, the first person "cast" on the show, and hopes her longtime friend takes no offense to her getting the narrator gig. "[Creator] Scott Dunlop wrote about me, his crazy neighbor," she recalls of the show's start. "And then when he went to Bravo, they’re like, 'Yeah, that's OK. But go and get four or five more families.' So, I don't care. People can claim what they want. I knew what I knew. Scott had tried to write this show for I bet 10 years since he met me. He’s like, ‘Oh my god. You’re like Ozzy Osbourne without the drugs.'" Nearly 15 years later, the Real Housewives franchise has become a global sensation, with more than 20 shows around the globe. "It's just, it always has been lucky," the former Playboy Playmate says of the franchise's staying power."
- Dr. Terry Dubrow sues for defamation after ex-patient seeks $10M for alleged malpractice (Page Six exclusive) “Botched” star Dr. Terry Dubrow will be going from the operating table to the courtroom. The A-list plastic surgeon, 62, sued a former patient’s lawyer for defamation after the attorney claimed to Page Six and other outlets that the woman had been “Botched by Botched,” according to new court documents obtained by Page Six on Wednesday. In the filing, Dubrow claimed that lawyer Stephen Le Brocq, who is representing his ex-buttock lift patient Sandy Scoggins, used the media to make false statements against him to garner sympathy for his client, who alleges she nearly died under Dubrow’s care in 2019. On Thursday, Page Six first reported Dubrow claimed in court docs that Scoggins was attempting to extort him for $5 million by saying she would report him to the California Medical Board and file a lawsuit including her claims against him if he didn’t pay up. For his part, he asked an Orange County, California, Superior Court judge to order their case back into arbitration, per a form she signed before he operated on her. “Instead of doing the right thing and accepting responsibility for his gross incompetence, he makes claims of extortion,” Scoggins’ attorney claimed to us in a statement. “Our client’s life was turned upside down and nearly taken by Dubrow, and he is attempting to suppress the truth of his incompetence with a confidential arbitration clause.” Dubrow’s new lawsuit alleges that Scoggins’ attorney’s claims about his incompetence are untrue. Meanwhile, Le Brocq filed a $10 million lawsuit against Dubrow on Scoggins’ behalf in federal court on Monday, claiming malpractice and negligence, per court documents obtained by Page Six. Scoggins claimed in her suit that Dubrow rushed through her surgery so he could film for “Botched,” which resulted in leaving materials inside of her and causing bacterial infections. However, in Dubrow’s filing on Wednesday, he claimed that he didn’t even use the mesh that Scoggins claimed was left inside of her. “Scoggins’ alleged medical injuries were not negligently caused by Dr. Dubrow; she did not ‘nearly die’ but instead faced complications that were commonly known risks of her surgery,” he wrote in the documents. “Dr. Dubrow did not leave ‘tools’ or ‘equipment’ inside Ms. Scoggins’ body; nor did he ‘rush’ to finish her procedure.” In his filing, Dubrow claimed that he made Scoggins aware of the risks involved with her surgery and that he provided her with incredible care, despite Scoggins’ allegations in her lawsuit that Dubrow stopped communicating with her post-op. Dubrow claimed that he was in constant contact with her and that she “admitted in written communications that her complications resulted from ‘nothing . . . anyone did wrong’ and acknowledged that she ‘know[s] all this is so common and [she] was warned of the potential side effects.'” Le Brocq told Page Six earlier this week regarding his case: “Although Ms. Scoggins will never be able to regain the parts of her life that she lost, she looks forward to her day in court where the truth may be told without fear of retribution by those with money, fame, or power.” Dubrow is asking for damages in his defamation suit. His lawyer declined to comment, citing pending litigation. Le Brocq declined to comment on the defamation suit."
- Andy Cohen sent Vicki flowers ahead of the OC15 premiere (realhousewivesfranchise Instagram) "There wouldn't be an OC without Vicki G - Love, Andy"
- Someone on Instagram asked Tamra if she would ever return to OC (realhousewivesfranchise Instagram) "If they fire the racist and bring back Heather Dubrow and Vicki Gunvalson."
- 'Real Housewives' star Kara Keough Bosworth speaks out about infant loss and grief (Good Morning America)
- Real Housewives of Dallas Star D’Andra Simmons’ Dog Dixie Dies at Age 14: 'I Miss Her Terribly' (People) "D’Andra Simmons is mourning the loss of her dog, Dixie. The Real Housewives of Dallas star's pup died at the age of 14 while Simmons was out of town, according to a recent press release. The reality star adopted the Brussels Griffon dog in 2008 alongside littermate Gypsy, who died earlier this year. “Dixie was my loyal companion and truly Mommy’s little dog. She loved her Mommy and was constantly by my side,” Simmons said in the release. “She slept next to me for almost 13 years right next to my ribs, and she was always in the chair with me in my home salon when I was getting my hair and makeup done for RHOD. She comforted me through tragedies and triumphs. She cried with me when my father, Glenn Simmons, passed, and was excited to meet the new ‘man in my life; Jeremy Lock, when I first introduced him to the ‘girls’ as I called her and her sister, Gypsy. She was excited when Jeremy came to live with us permanently and she had a Daddy. She loved her ‘Mimi’ Momma Dee Simmons and always greeted her with great enthusiasm.” “I miss her terribly and I will for the rest of my life,” Simmons said of Dixie, who she would often dress up to reflect her own love of fashion. “Because I did not have children of my own, she was my child and my sweet baby girl. Rest in Peace little Dixie, you gave me many years of continuous joy, happiness and love.”
NEW JERSEY SALT LAKE CITY ATLANTA
- Teddi Mellencamp Weighs In on Garcelle Beauvais’ Shady Reaction to Her ‘Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ Exit (US Weekly exclusive) "The 39-year-old accountability coach spoke to Us Weekly exclusively about Beauvais’ recent reaction about her exit in an interview with Entertainment Tonight, during which the actress, 53, paused before blandly saying, “OK” when asked about how she felt. “I didn’t even know [she did that]. Well, I mean our thing at the reunion [could be why],” Mellencamp told Us on Tuesday, October 13, while referencing a spat they had over Beauvais’ comment on Lisa Rinna’s Instagram habits influencing her daughter Amelia Gray’s eating disorder. “I mean, here’s the thing: I like Garcelle. I think she’s funny and beautiful and smart. I made a good point at the reunion. So, she’s probably bitter about it. But other than that, I think she’s great, and I think she’s gonna have a lot of success on the show, and I’m excited to watch her.” One person who is disappointed to see Mellencamp go is her famous father, John Mellencamp. “He’s, like, ‘Am I not going to be watching anymore?’ I’m like, ‘I don’t know, Dad. You’re going to have to make that decision yourself,’” she said, noting that the 69-year-old musician “just started watching Housewives” because she was on it. “He started becoming, you know, like, ‘Oh, I love her, blah, blah, blah,’” she continued. “And then [he] has nicknames for everybody."
- Photo: Garcelle in a yellow dress (Queens of Bravo Twitter)
- BH nostalgia (video clip): Kim and Kyle in the back of the limo in season one (Queens of Bravo Twitter)
submitted by readingrachelx
to RHDiscussion [link] [comments]
2020.10.14 23:00 AustralianChrono Virtual Drag Race Asia Season 1: Episode 2- Now Look At Me
| || | submitted by AustralianChrono to RPDRfantasyseason [link] [comments]
Payton is fun, entertaining and campy and gives a show. She has clear dancer talents, and she can keep it up with Jennie. BUT... Jennie just... has it. Every single line, every single moment, she delivers it like she knows it off the back of her hand... and it is fantastic. All eyes are on Jennie... and it's her moment to shine. Jennie Ulsan, you're a winner, baby!
Jennie smirks. "Thank you." Jennie Ulsan: "I've proven myself, episode 1. I knew I could do this. But now I can always say... I was the first challenge winner of Virtual Drag Race Asia. Ever." Jennie smiles. Payton Winn, well done this week.
"Thank you!" Payton waves. Payton Winn: "I didn't win the lip sync, but I won the challenge. And... I am so happy." Payton grins. "Wow. I did this." Now, my first 8... You all may go de-drag and rest. Because tomorrow... your other competitors will enter the werkroom. Now, let the music play!
The Monarch's enter the werkroom...
"First episode..." Hangry exhales. "Over."
"So Miss Ulssaaaaaannnnnn!" Lu Booyah smiles. "Sister, you slayed."
"Well, you give me a blackpink song..." Jennie whips her hair. "I slay it. But let me say... Payton... you surprised me this week."
"Oh, agreed." Holly nods.
"Fantastic job, Payton." Tillie smiles.
"Thank you." Payton exhales. "I just really... want to prove myself..."
"Okay, not vibing with the whole proving myself thing..." Jennie whispers to Lu. "Show, not tell..."
"I just think we all can..." Hangry looks around. "Clear the air...?"
"HAH." Tara laughs. "After you all laughed at me?"
"Well when you're being-" Amanda stops herself. "I agree..."
"The tea is." Jennie looks around. "7 other Skanks are about to come in, and we gotta do better. If we're not a united front..."
"We risk danger." Lu looks at Jennie.
Tara puts out her hand. "To the Top 8..."
The other 7 all put in their hands. "TO THE TOP 8!" Tara: "Of course I don't trust these Queens. But I don't want to be attacked again. So I put in my hand. For now..."
Mr Bangcock struts into the werkroom in a pair of leather pants, wearing a tight black harness. "Ready to Bang?" He winks. Mr Bangcock: "BOOM! My name is Mr Bangcock, and bang.... you're going to get ready for a show. I am a Bio King Drag Stripper Sexpot Galore, living in where else but... Bangkok, Thailand! I live for a dirty fun comedic take on drag, but I also love a bit of variation. Glamour, High Fashion, Traditional... it pops up some time. I like to stick my hand in everything, because where else can I experiment and... just have fun?!" Bangcock smiles.
"I'm first!" Bangcock jumps on the table, rips off his shorts, cartwheels, and does a split on the table. "Lovely..."
Madame Fabroa walks in an huge dress that looks as if she has hundred of glasses of Champagne
upon it, making her tiny frame just... a little bit smaller. "Ooh My!"
"Oh yay!" Bangcock grins. Madame Fabroa: "My name is Madame Fabroa and I am here to have fun... be loud... and celebrate! I am a Drag Queen residing in Cebu City, Philiplines. I am a Campy, Fun and Conceptual Drag Queen. I love the creation of intricate, campy looks that always draw attention to people. I am a small Queen... but I love to be the loudest sound in the room. What can I say...." Fabroa whips out a fan. "I love attention."
"Welcome!" Bangcock looks at Fabroa. "Beautiful..."
"Thank you!" Fabroa smiles. "I'm Madam Fabroa. You are..?"
"Mr Bangcock." Bangcock winks.
"Oh, fabulous." Fabroa raises her hands in the air. "I love BANGCOCK!"
Tomana Gerri walks out in a jumpsuit with a four leaf clover pattern throughout, short bluish purple hair and sparkly golden earrings. "Feeling LUCKY?!"
Fabroa and Bangcock both grin. Tomana Gerri: "Hey Hey Hey, It's Tomana Gerri! I am, 24 years old, currently living in OSAKA! I am... the sun, the skies, the gods, the goddesses, the kings, the queens, the beautiful beauty of of the world and I am a Drag King superstar. Yay!" Tomona smiles. "I am the drag son of SABUKI DUBIDU! My drag mother has taught me to be proud of my madness, and I bring it as a source of joy. With Tomana, you will never get the same thing... TWICE!" "I love the colours." Fabora smiles.
"It's my lucky suit!" Tomana smiles. And this..."
Tomana Gerri takes out a three leaf clover with another glued to the back. "Is my clover."
"A clover..." Bangcock smiles. "Hoping for luck?"
"Life is a journey, and all you should want is pride... luck... and joy!" Tomana grins.
"I live for that." Fabroa grins.
Miz-Keesha struts out covered in jewels and satin, her flawless mug at the forefront. "The Queen.... is here!"
"LOVE!" Tomana smiles. Miz-Keesha: "My name is Miz-Keesha... and I am the Queen of Cosmetics!" Keesha smiles. "I am the Korean Beauty Queen Galore. Keesha is obsessed with the image- I have a collection worth over 130,000... or so, US Dollars." Keesha smiles. "I'm a singing and lip sync artist, and that's where I shine. I have a following, yes, but that's not that's all to me. I am of the belief that I am the full package, and I'm here to show that." Keesha smiles.
"That Makeup is GORGEOUS!" Fabroa raises her hands in the air. "You are?"
"Miz-Keesha. Queen of Korea." Keesha smiles. "You all look great!"
"God, this is so damn exciting!" Tomana gasps. "So darn exciting."
"So DAMN EXCITING!" Bangcock laughs.
Poliova Gratuysk walks out in a Chic Cut-Out black and white dress, looking like a Supermodel. "Finally, I'm out of EXILE!"
"Woohoo!" Bangcock cheers as Poliova arrives. Poliova Gratuysk: "My name is Poliova Gratuysk, and I am the Siberian Ice Princess." Poliova smiles. "I'm 21, living in literal Yakutsk, Siberia... and I am a Superfan." Poliova laughs. "Siberia doesn't have many places to perform. I've done it once at a corporate event, once at a party, once at an underground... maybe I shouldn't say this on tv." Poliova blushes. "I do a lot of online stuff, but I am still a strong performer. I'm here to prove myself- on the biggest stage in the world."
"Where did you get this gorgeous dress? It's really well crafted." Madame Fabroa smiles.
"Oh, I made it..." Poliova smiles.
"Oh, wow." Tomana extends his arms. "WELCOME!"
"Thank you, Thank you." Poliova breathes out. "I can't believe I am finally here..."
"Soak it in, girl." Keesha grins. "We're here."
"Ew." Sakuya Kuromi walks out in a Black and Pink Grunge Couture Look: Fishnets, Platforms, Leather Belt, and a headband on top, she's straight out of the S8ter Boi Video, and it's 2002 again. "I forgot to change my tights!" She smiles. Sakuya Kuromi: "I am Sakuya Kuromi, and I'm the next level in grunge: Gayer, but a little less grumpy." Sakuya laughs. "I am 26, living in Japan. Sakuya is Punk, She's E-Girl, She's Harajuku, Pastel Goth, and she's definitely a Visual Treat. I create all my looks, and I love to write, think, be logical, and kinda... ground the room in times it's needed. I'm not the Queen who will be jumping around, screaming, but I can promise you... it'll be just as exciting, if not in a different form."
"Hello Scary Ladies and Gents!" Sakuya waves. "How are we all?"
"Always excited!" Fabroa grins.
"Excited even more so we have a gorgeous Gothic Queen." Bangcock winks. "Welcome..."
"Sakuya Kuromi." Sakuya smiles.
"Welcome." Poliova nods.
"Omg, SAKUYA!" Tomana runs over and hugs her. "HOW ARE YOU?!"
"I'm so good, how are you?" Sakuya smiles. "It's great to have you here, Tomana."
"Oh, this is going to be such fun!" Tomana jumps around. "Aiiiiieeee....."
Oda Nobukatsu walks in, and the room stops. On one side of himself, he is dressed like a high elven mage- his skin purple and eyes bright blue, with a gorgeous half cape. Then, on the other side has him transformed into a Robotic form- straight out of the Borg, it's fantastically crafted, and is a look that leaves everyone gasping. "Sorry I'm late, there was a sale. Everything half off." Nobukatsu grins.
"It's an Oda..." Tomana looks anxious. Oda Nobukatsu: "Rockets Warp...." Oda Nobukatsu grips the chair. "To VIRTUAL DRAG RACE! My name is Oda Nobukatsu, and I am the Drag Son of Oda Nobuna. I come from a classic family, and one of big reputation. I am the adverse reflection of my Mother. Not the Classic Japan, but the Modern World. That's where my references lie. I suffer from Bell's Palsy..." Nobu gestures to himself. "As you can probably see, but I never let that get in the way. I am dedicated to doing the best, and if anything, it helps me be the way I am. I love to split my face. Serve multiple looks. The Visual is where I live! But... I love to make people laugh too. A smile makes my day just as much as a good look does."
"Can I just.." Keesha gasps. "The special effects makeup..."
"Thank you." Nobu smiles. "I am..."
"Oda Nobukatsu." Tomana looks at Nobu. "I am... Tomana Gerri."
"Son of Sabuki?" Tomana raises an eyebrow.
"...Yes..." Tomana nods.
"Well, it's great to have someone familiar!" Nobu smiles.
"Oh, yay..." Poliova smiles. "Thank god there was no drama there!"
"That was years ago. Now, our Hauses can be friendly." Nobu smiles.
Let's Get Sickening!
"Wait, what?" Bangcock looks confused. "Wait a minute..." Hello my lucky... uhn... 7 this time... IT'S SOY SEASON, AND WE'RE HERE... To do the thing I don't do well. HONESTLY. WHOOPS. BYE!
"Mysterious..." Nobu ponders. Oh hey my second 7... Welcome to Virtual Drag Race Asia! I've handpicked the best Drag Monarch's in Asia to see who will be Asia's FIRST Drag Superstar... and I've decided, why not split it up?
"Just like season 3, 6, and 10..." Poliova smiles. Everyone's getting a shot to showcase themselves! For our first Maxi Challenge, we're putting together a music group. You 7 will be creating your own verse, working together on Choreography... then performing on the main stage presenting your Verse in your fierce K-Pop inspired music groups! Tomana Gerri: "Oh, YAY! I am feeling lucky! I know how to perform... this is what excites me. Oh, Happy Days!"
The Monarch's prepare for the episode by practicing Choreography.
"Okay, who's comfortable with doing CHOREO?" Madame Fabroa jumps around. "I put my hand up!"
"Me too." Bangcock grins.
"Oh, and me!" Tomana nods.
"I don't dance like amazing, but I can do something." Keesha laughs.
"Same." Poliova smiles.
"I'll be honest..." Nobu looks anxious. "I'm not the best dancer..."
"I have the same issue." Sakuya says. "Not where my skills lie."
"That's okay!" Tomana smiles. "We all learn. I find pairing up works well! We do a duo part, and then seperate and focus on our parts.. Fabroa, work with Keesha... I'll go with Nobu, and Sakyua and Poliova... and... oh no..." Tomana looks at Bangcock. "I forgot you... can you join a group?"
"I've always loved a threesome." Bangcock winks.
Nobu and Tomana work together.
"Now, SO..." Tomana smiles. "I'm just so excited to teach you..."
"It's fine. I get it too. I get excited on things I love as well." Nobu grins.
"What do you like?" Tomana smiles and extends his hand.
"Anime, Sci Fi..." Nobu is spun around.
"OH YES!" Tomana grins. "I love anime too."
"Really?" Nobu smiles. "Well, my obsession began in 2009-"
"I like that your face lights up when you get excited." Tomana smiles.
"Oh.." Nobu blushes. "Thank you."
"Now, tell me of this LOVE!" Tomana nods.
As they get ready, Poliova chats with Sakuya.
"I'm just... so overjoyed to be here." Poliova smiles. "It feels amazing..."
"Agreed." Sakuya nods. "But I feel a bit guilty.."
"Why?" Poliova looks at Sakuya.
"I... Applied for this season with my sister. We both... we both had this idea in our heads." Sakuya sighs.
"Belle and Leanne Part 2." Poliova smiles.
"Exactly!" Sakuya sighs. "So... when I got the call, I felt bad."
"But... you're talented... and here for a reason." Poliova smiles. "I am of the belief that everything happens for a reason."
"I know but... it's like... am I doing the right thing here?" Sakuya laughs awkwardly. "I keep thinking.."
"You be proud. You believe in yourself..." Poliova looks in the mirror. "And knows there's always season 2 for your sister. I know I can do it... and I'm sure you can too."
"I hope so too." Sakuya puts on her eyeliner.
~ Who wins? Spreadsheet
2020.10.14 02:28 givejinkxmorecrowns s03e08, “And the Winner Is...”
THREE QUEERS...ONE CROWN.
Anna Artica: entrance look; Dunkin Donuts torture scene; Book of Secrets advert; Mask4Mask runway; “DiePhone” film trailer; Life Imitates Art runway...
Bitter Betty: Death Becomes Her runway; Vaudevillian voodoo showcase; Sailor Moon realness; Mask4Mask runway; 1-888-U-WILL-NOT-GAIN-WEIGHT; Life Imitates Art runway...
Marina K Ultra: 3in1 superhero fantasy; Death Becomes Her runway; gruesome torture scene; “Dead on Arrival”; Life Imitates Art runway; “ScareBnB” film trailer...
...it’ll be a Super-Freak-y fight to the finish.
Opening Theme Song (to the tune of “This Is Halloween” from A Nightmare Before Christmas)
Freaks and Queers around the world
and all you little straight boys and girls
open up your eyes and you will see
life is but a curiosity…
fearless and unconventional
we’re all born queer and original
we’ve got tricks! We’ve got treats!
at Le Veau’s Cabinet of Queeriosities
ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha!
As the morning sun smiles through the windows of the Haunted Mansion, the top three competitors relax and converse in the lounge.
“Well ladies,” Anna begins, “this is it. Can you believe we’re finally at the end of this competition?”
“It doesn’t feel real at all,” says Marina, taking a bite of her bagel.
MARINA TH: Wow, I am in shock. But I’m here. The FINALE. The final f-cking three! Everything that I wished for and fought for this season came to fruition and I am so beyond happy and proud. I really did that, didn’t I? winks at the camera.
Betty nods her head in agreement. “It feels like we were just walking that first runway show!”
“Oh gosh, no. Let’s not revisit the past, please,” Anna interjects as she waves her right hand. “I hated that first challenge.”
“I did too,” Betty responds with a chuckle, “that and my Torture Scene. Girl.”
Marina shrugs. “I thought the premiere challenge was pretty fun.”
“Are you just saying that because you won, bitch?!?” asks Betty as Anna joins in for a laugh.
“Well, that just made me love it even more!” Marina replies.
The three share a laugh as Anna takes a sip of her coffee. “Well, this entire season has been full of ups and downs for sure but this Freak Show is in my wheelhouse so I’m looking forward to demolishing you hoes.”
“Aht aht—the race ain’t over yet!” says Betty, wiggling her index finger.
ANNA TH: I am feeling extremely confident going into this last challenge. Throughout the competition, I’ve been working my ass off trying to make what I do make sense in what this competition calls for and to fit the challenges. Sometimes it’s worked in my favor and sometimes it hasn’t. But this last challenge is so incredibly up my alley and I’m SO glad I’ve made it to the top three to be able to show these looks. pauses. Story challenges, branding challenges, performance challenges—I did my best. But this finale is LOOKS and CONCEPTS. And your girl is FULL of those.
Marina shivers and grabs her blanket. “It’s been so fun seeing everyone’s growth throughout the competition, especially you, Anna. Where do you get your inspiration and ideas from?”
Anna’s face lights up. “That’s a very good question! I think of Anna as this separate entity with her own aesthetic. Winter wear, soda pop ice cream shop, all that jazz. But sometimes I don’t want to do that. And Nicholas comes through. This finale really is such a hybrid of who Nicholas is and who Anna is. As an artist you have your own view, but as a character, that character has their own view too. Sometimes one takes over—ideas usually branch off of that.”
“I love that!” Marina responds.
“I have a question for everyone,” says Betty. “Which challenge was your fav?”
“Honestly, I had the most fun with this Freak Show finale,” Anna answers, taking a sip of her latte. “Regardless how it turns out, these are my favorite looks I’ve personally done in a long time. Aside from that I liked my Mask4Mask runway show. Despite the drama, I like the look.”
MARINA TH: Anna really had me worried for a while that she wasn’t going to make the finale, but she really went into overdrive towards the end of this competition and proved she deserves to be here.
Marina smiles. “Mine was the Variety Show, for sure.”
“You won that challenge, too, bitch!” Betty points out. “She’s just winning everything I see.”
“Except for the crown,” Anna mutters.
“Anna, it isn’t nice to talk about yourself in that way, sweetheart!” says Marina.
Betty chuckles. “This is probably the shadiest we’ll get towards each other all season.”
Anna and Marina join her for a short laugh.
“Speaking of shady,” adds Betty, “who surprised you the most this season?”
“Aurora I thought was top four for sure,” Marina answers. “I was most surprised by Aurora honestly. Never had a writer queen drawn me in as much as she did with her writing. I was shoook and I wish we got to see more from her!”
“I’d say Lucy for me,” says Anna. “I pegged her as first out for being the youngest of the cast but boy did she prove me wrong.”
Betty nods her head in agreement. “That bitch was too fierce for her age.”
“On a serious note, though, it’s obvious you had controversy surrounding your track record, Anna,” Marina finishes. “How did you deal with that and manage to make top three despite all the negativity?”
Anna sighs. “It was really rough. It’s hard when a lot of people believe both of your wins were unfair.” She pauses before continuing. “I fully believed that these opinions were going to invalidate everything I was going to do and I wasn’t going to move forward purely because of drama and the outside noise. I almost didn’t even want to move forward. But I’m glad I stuck to it. I agree with this top three and I’m really happy I’m here with you ladies.”
ANNA TH: Going into this Final Shop Freak Show, I am mostly worried about miss Betty. This finale seems to be almost perfectly suited for me and Betty. She’s been CONSISTENTLY praised for her looks and if I’m going to be beat, it gonna be by her. I’m extremely confident in my looks but the judges seem to love her style and everything she does. So that is the only thing worrying.
“We made it, though,” says Betty. “We’re one challenge away from finding out who’s winning it all. Anybody nervous?”
Marina shakes her head. “I’m more ready than nervous for sure.”
“Of course you are, bitch. When are you ever nervous?” Betty asks.
“When Donald Trump is tweeting,” replies Marina, shrugging her shoulders. Betty and Anna laugh in response.
MARINA TH: Betty has been my best friend throughout this entire competition. We spilled tea, we helped each other with looks, and we both got to the finals! I wish we could both win, but at the end of the day, this is a competition and I am going to take her down. looks directly into the camera. I know for a fact that she is my biggest competition. That bitch is FIERCE. Outdoing her in a look based floorshow is going to be tough since she has such polish and talent, but I am not holding back...oh at all!
BETTY TH: Being here in the top three feels so validating, literally a bitch is about to bring EVERYTHING I've got for this finale. scene flashes to Betty and Marina in the lounge. I'm super excited cause I'm in the top three with my amazing sister Marina. Marina and I have had an alliance ever since she came back for season three and I’m ready to see what she’s gonna do in this Freak Show.
“Did you feel like doing this a second time had any pros or cons, Marina?” Anna asks.
“I think that this season was so different from last season challenge wise,” says Marina. “I definitely had pros with getting critiqued, and knew what to add and look for to avoid getting those same critiques. The cons were that I felt more pressure—if I failed again it would have been embarrassing as f-ck.”
“What do you think has changed?” asks Betty.
Marina pauses to think before answering. “What’s changed is definitely having a clearer vision. I was a total novice in season two. That was my first step into this character and really art in general. All my art previously was on film. I guess as I got to know the character and my artistic abilities more, I just was able to connect to the challenges and judges’ expectations better.”
“Aside from your little meltdown when you were in the bottom,” says Anna with a smile. Marina rolls her eyes.
“I do think some of my critiques that week didn’t sit well with me,” Marina admits. “Especially ‘cause I felt Lucy’s look had the same issues, but she wasn’t called out for it or penalized for it in her critiques. But at the end of the day, it is what it is and I’m here in this finale so I can’t even be upset.”
Betty shrugs. “Well, to be honest it's a competition—there's always gonna be someone in the bottom or someone's gonna be ‘robbed’—it’s bound to happen.”
“I agree. Although you’ve been using those candle powers of yours all season long on the eliminated Queers,” says Anna with a laugh.
“Oh, the #CandleCurse?” asks Betty.
“Where do you even get that from, girl?” Marina asks curiously.
“Well,” explains Betty, “in real life as Alex, I really care about vibes and energies and auras. I have my healing crystals and I grew up as a Christian but I recently found comfort in Buddhism so in my adult life I've been really paying attention to the whole ‘manifesting’ and karma thing. The whole cursed candle came from a joke, when I first arrived here at the Mansion I've been saying that I'm manifesting being in the top three while also vibing with the rest of the girls’ eliminations.”
Marina chuckles in response.
“Betty stop it! I’m Buddhist too!” exclaims Anna.
“Did you grow up as a Buddhist?” Betty asks. “Because personally I just found comfort in that religion and it really made sense in my head, mainly ‘cause it aligns with my personal beliefs.”
“I grew up actually a pagan. My mom was pagan. I found Buddhism on my own,” Anna responds. “Now I see where you get all this confidence from!”
Betty chuckles. “Betty might be super confident but that's what I lack as a person—I'm not that confident in my self. I don't wanna sound dramatic but seriously making it this far and being here in the top three with you fierce bitches really has given me so much confidence and helped me realize so much about myself.”
Before any of the top three Queers can respond, the main TV in the foyer flashes on as Bea’s face lights up on the screen. You’ve got Bea-mail!!!
“Awww, it’s our last Bea-mail, you guys,” says Anna as the three contestants make their way closer to the screen.
Seven! Six! Five! FOUR! THREE!!! TWO!!!!! ONE!!!!!!!!!!! Happy happy Halloween, my Queers!
Just as the TV cuts off, Bea makes her way down the grand staircase to greet the final competitors for the last time.
“How we doing today, ladies? You all as excited for this Final Shop Freak Show as I am?!” Bea’s face lights up with glee as the top three join in for a quick cheer.
“As you know, this Freak Show is the final lap standing between you and the season three crown,” she continues. “From the very first episode, each of you have set your own bar whilst simultaneously raising it, entering this competition a completely different Queer than the ones standing in front of me right now. All three of you having crowning worthy portfolios, so think of this Freak Show as a three-way tie breaker for the win.”
MARINA TH: Taking risks in this competition has been what’s got me to this point. And I am pulling out all the stops with this finale. Different mediums, moving art, an overall concept, all the risks have been taken this week for me, and I am just hoping it pays off.
Bea pauses. “Now before I send you all off to prepare for the Freak Show, I’d like to know from each of you: what would it mean to win the title of Reddit’s Next International Drag Super-Freak? Let’s start with you, Marina.”
“Winning this crown would be validation that I can be terrible at something,” Marina begins to answer, “but if I put in the work and practice, I can do anything. My runways on season two were rickety, crickety, crunchy, and moldy. I was embarrassed looking at all the talent surrounding me and felt like I did not belong in the competition. But I worked at my craft, and I got better. So when I got this second chance, I wasn’t gonna come in blind again. I knew the expectations and I exceeded them. I won challenges, I surprised myself and others with what I was able to create. And I had so much fun doing it, which I can’t say I did my first season. This season was a make or break moment for me as an artist, and I can say without feeling cocky that I knocked it out of the park. That is the kind of spirit and tenacity this cabinet of Queers calls for.” She pauses before continuing. “Also if you don’t give me the crown I have an atomic bomb strapped to my back and I’ll blow this mansion to bits so...”
Betty bursts into laughter as Bea and Anna join in behind her. “Don’t make me call my lawyer.”
MARINA TH: As someone who had not done digital or barely any art before coming to this competition last season, I am damn proud of my journey and my evolution. Looking at my episode one look from season two to my portfolio this season makes me feel so happy. I am that bitch, and I’m ready for that crown.
Bea nods in Anna’s direction. “Anna, what say you?”
Anna sighs. “I think I’ve said it before but it would honestly mean validation. I know that I love what I do and I have learned a long time ago to be my own biggest fan. It would just make me feel validated in what I do to know that people get it and people celebrate it. It would mean I have something to offer that other people want. It’s something everyone is searching for. I genuinely want to make people happy with clothes and costumes so knowing people like what I do would just be so validating.”
“Thank you, love!” says Bea. “And you, Betty?”
“It would mean the world to me ‘cause I've given my all to this competition in order to get here in the top three. It’s my first big step after being in a weird and dark place in my life and I finally feel like I reclaimed all the passion and inspiration that was taken from me by my doubts and my anxiety.” Betty takes a deep sigh and gulps, trying to hold back her emotions. “Winning this season would also give me the opportunity to be a voice for all the Queer POC kids out there. I've been living in a dark place ‘cause where I live, being black and Queer really makes me stand out and draw all the unwanted attention. It was really hard for me to be socially active through the years since I didn't wanna walk down the street and listen to any negative or ignorant comments. Also I never felt like there was a place for me in the LGBTQ+ community ‘cause I was ‘too black’ and ‘too feminine’—even for what was supposed to be my community. All these things made me do less and less each day. I didn't have any interests except staying up all night to play video games and then sleep the entire next day. I lost all interest in creating art and I thought that things wouldn’t get any better. Seeing all this violence and injustice on TV against people in the States and more specifically men who looked like me made me feel so sad and so exhausted with everything. I had all the help by my partner and my friends but I was my OWN biggest enemy during this period. Until I applied for this show and something sparked inside of me that I can’t explain. I said to myself that this is the silver lining that I've been looking for and since that moment, things are a hundred percent better mentally and spiritually. Of course some days are harder than others but I have a more positive mindset, and I have you and this competition to thank, Bea.”
Bea smiles and raises her hand to wipe her eye. “Thank you, and thank you all for your honesty. This decision is not going to be an easy one in the slightest.”
BETTY TH: I didn’t wanna turn this into a racial thing, but growing up as a black kid in a white country really made me feel as if I never had an advantage over anyone. Ever since I was a little boy I would show my art to people but they had this stereotype all because I was black and tall for a kid that I should be playing basketball, and that drawing pretty females was for girls. So being here in this competition surrounded by all this talent made me feel so good. It’s a whole journey for me—every single one of the Queers this season has helped me whether they know it or not it. I now realize that I belong somewhere.
“Alright, my Queers,” continues Bea, “for your Final Shop Freak Show I will be looking for the four main qualities of this competition in each of your performances: FEARLESSNESS, UNCONVENTIONALITY, CREATIVITY, and to be unapologetically QUEER. As you know, the four main categories of the Freak Show are inspired by the ones of the original cabinets of curiosities, so make sure to give us all a SHOW! Everything you’ve done not just in this competition but in your personal lives has led up to this very moment. Hodně štěstí, ladies and remember—do NOT bore me!”
She flashes one last grin before turning to head back up the staircase. The top three Queers stand in silence for a few seconds as the realization of it being the final day at the Haunted Mansion settles in.
“Let’s do this, bitches!” Anna exclaims in excitement.
MARINA TH: Every week I have tried to inject my own life experiences, influences, and stories into every look, and looking at this final Freak Show of mine really does tell a story. My story. pauses. I’m getting emotional even thinking about this finale because I know how much planning, conceptualizing, and hard work was put into my looks. This competition is no joke, Mary. After this, I’m gonna hibernate for a good seven and a half months. No one wake a bitch up.
Stay tuned for our Final Shop Freak Show and find out who will walk away from season three a CROWNED WINNER!
submitted by givejinkxmorecrowns
to LVCofQueeriosities [link] [comments]
2020.10.13 22:10 SriFenbyEx Fun and Intrigue Series - How the party became repo men for a drug dealer and killed the guy getting Repo'd
Even though this is way later down the line in my on-going long campaign this session was a bit hilarious to the players in how they worked as repo men for a drug dealer and accidentally killed the guy they beat up with poor medicine checks. Currently gearing up in doing the temple of elemental evil - with a very interesting twist.
< Episode 63 > Repo Men
[Dark Season / week 3 / day 3] - Weather - Strong Winds
Peering into the non-colorful darkness at 8 pm the Swashbuckler saw two deers in the nearby trees, they ran off shortly after making eye contact. Finding nothing else noteworthy everyone heads back to the Inn to rest up for the next day. After breakfast everyone convenes and talks about what to do next, some wanted to stay and do more investigation but points were made about being here long enough. The team decides to head on over to the village of Nelb in their quest to look for the drug supplier Danny for information about the castle being magically built at the empire's border. The same castle the team's tasked to destroy in order to prevent their glorious empire from doing a preemptive attack against the FighteRanger country Springhelm, which would trigger a 2 on 1 or possibly 3 on 1 war against the Brint empire. The empire would " most likely " win the war due to overall military might but it'll be left in an extremely vulnerable state afterward, the main four-way alliance with the main church, pally-bro, and trader country may help the empire with supplies but that's just about it. If it's a war of aggression neither country is obligated to lend military support and the empire is the main church's least favorite of the bunch.
Off to the semi-lawless village of Nelb, a short one hour jog and this Danny character surely have to be here, off the bat some noticeable buildings were spotted. A hostel, herbalist shop, some farm buildings next to a marsh, and a twin Tavern/Bazaar merged into a large building. The team splits up and tries to gather some information, mostly everyone didn't find much but the Bard did find out that Danny often goes to the hostel and the herbalist shop. The Bard and Swashbuckler checks out the herbalist shop while the Paladin and Birdman go to the hostile. Bard walks up to the two grumpy old ladies and works his charm, the grumpy old ladies told the Bard and his assumed drug-addicted Swashbuckler to get out of their store and go bug Danny. He's either out on the farm or hanging out at the tavern-bazaar. Paladin and Birdman walk into the Hostel, maybe there are old people here doing the packaging of the drugs before distribution. Paladin walks up for the counter and straight-up asks if Danny's been here, the receptionist says there's two Danny's a visitor and a person currently staying at the hostel.
Before making a deception check Bird-Man pulls a power play and walks up to the desk, "Actually I - proceeds to walk away". The Paladin is now left alone and fails to deceive the receptionist. A mean-looking caretaker turns his head to the Paladin who is now slinking out of the building. Meeting up again behind some houses everyone decides to check out the farm to the north, moving in two groups of four and spread out a half-hour walk later everyone gets there with muddy shoes and the Swashbuckler spots the barn and approaches it. Gets stopped by a farmhand and said to back off, only Danny's allowed to go in there. Swashbuckler says he's the new guy and managed to sound out random syllables and manages to get off the right tone of the word with a good deception check. Farmhand says to go talk to Danny down in the Tavern-Bazaar, he normally hangs out there. With the location of the drug dealer secured everyone runs back and pokes their heads through the Tavern door, there's a large brawl going on with at least 20 people throwing hands and another 10 to 15 watching the show. Swashbuckler tries to jump into the brawl and get some of that sweet snow, instead get's tables and chairs thrown at him. He dodges them while a half-naked goliath with coke/snow blow is all over his face is flipping tables over like an absolute mad man. The Bard decides to make the crowd even more rowdier by playing his toot horn.
A few more people join in the ongoing brawl all jazzed up, a seemingly clean looking man with a gold tooth is in the back corner of the room - got em. A stroll up to this man confirms that it's Danny. Birdman's once-loyal hotdog selling employee Bob's drug supplier. The Bard decides to buy some snow from Danny and starts to get on his good side and eventually asking about any suspicious customers and about the castle in question. Danny ponders a little and for a mere 150 gold he'll talk about the castle, Birdman walks up and drops the money on the table. Apparently, some people in black armor with a yellow eye definitely has something to do with the castle. As the castle continued to get closer to completion these strangers came less and less over. This links the kidnappers to Springhelm's military, someone high up is involved in order to let them kidnap citizens with impunity.
Danny also states that he also deals with one of the kidnappers in drug sales. This critical lead is immediately followed but one of Danny's customers owes him gold, a lot of it. He points to a man that's in the process of getting his back broken BanevBatman style. Danny says either pay off his debt of 378 gold or chop off his head and hands as proof of murdering him and then he'll offer the info at a discount bargain price. The Bard being of a good alignment puts in motion to not flat out murder the man, the Samurai, Cleric, Birdman, and Paladin agree. Half-elf doesn't much care but the Thief and Swashbuckler wouldn't hesitate to do so if things go south. Danny says that the man in debt lives in a house a little bit out of town, about a 30-minute walk from the tavern. The Bard and Birdman nods and relays the request to the team and everyone starts getting to work. The wounded man in debt is now on the floor which the Repo-Team revs up their sticky fingers. The Thief wades into the mosh pit and steals some gold off of the man, afterward, everyone begins to head off to the man's house to steal anything that isn't nailed down. This is in a literal sense.
The Samurai isn't all too pleased with the entire situation so he does the minimum. Everyone's at the house and peaks through the window, for a man in debt some of his furniture looks pretty nice. The Thief picks the lock and finds out that it's pretty sophisticated, after picking the door open he starts to remove the entire lock mechanism from the door. Once inside everyone gets a good look, Swashbuckler looks very good and finds a small stash of gold under the floorboard. It was at this time the Bard said start snatching up the furniture, the Bard's no cold-blooded killer but refusing to pay a debt is grounds for repoing. The Bard with some help repo's the fancy-looking one seat couch, Paladin finds some gold in it. Swashbuckler looks around again and finds a wooden spoon, isn't worth much but looking around outback finds a furniture set. An iron table with some iron chairs - repos that too. That's a fancy looking mahogany bed, into the repo pile, the Thief disassembles the locking mechanism and stows it. Just before leaving everyone looked at the seeming nice looking door, repos that as well. The Thief couldn't take the door apart cleanly and the Samurai didn't try his hardest to fix the minor damage. Cleric used mend and the door looks good as new. Overall the amount of repo'd furniture covers about half of the man's debt, now it's off to the Bazaar to sell everything.
The only issue is that carrying all of the furniture is going to require six people to carry everything as it's all loaded onto the door so a single invisibility spell is only needed. Swashbuckler uses invisibility on the repo'd goods then the Cleric, Thief, Birdman, Half-Elf, Swashbuckler, and Paladin lifts up the door and begins a grueling 30-minute walk with over soft soil and dirt. As arms start to get heavy everyone rolls an athletics check to maintain stamina. The Thief and the Cleric's tiny kobold arms couldn't withstand the weight and everything spills onto the dirt and mud. A quick mend and brushing off everyone loads the door up, Half-Elf invisibility the door and it's content and it's back to work. Boy howdy - those arms are starting to get really tired. Swashbuckler, Thief, Cleric, and Paladin make that save; Birdman and Half-Elf, on the other hand, doesn't and everything falls onto the floor again. The bed gets a small chip, only a loss of 2 gold but the Bard is determined to make sure every gold count. While loading the contents onto the door the very man their stealing from seeing them loading everything onto the door. He shouts at them only to have the Thief drop kick him in broad daylight, this drew the attention of some passersby but thankfully they only saw a flying Tabaxi with human ears. The Thief knocks the man out and drags him to a nearby shed to bind him with rope. Right before the passersby started to approach the team Swashbuclker caused a distraction making a thunder sound in the distance. This drew a lot of attention but gave everyone enough time to load the cargo back up and continue walking weirdly to the bazaar. Some walking around later they find a merchant with the balls to put a sign outside of his shop "Fence - you got it we buy it."
BOY HOWDY ARE THOSE ARMS GETTING TIRED.
Paladin makes the save but the Swashbuckler doesn't, Cleric makes the save, and the Thief nat 20s and gets that big boy save for the Swashbuckler. Really the only way you can mess everything up is on a nat one - which the Half-Elf not only does but has a -1 modifier. Not only does the Half-Elf runs into the Thief but the entire contents spill out onto the floor so loudly it draws everyone in the bazaar's attention. Caught literally red-handed the Fencer smiles and says he'll only buy it for x amount, which means only a fourth of the man's debt will be paid instead of half if the team accepts the deal. The Bard manages to convince the Fencer that the material of the furniture is superb and makes the Fencer buckle and pays the normal amount. The Thief during the commotion slinks out of the Bazaar with the Swashbuckler to make sure the wounded debt-ridden man is okay. Upon reaching the man in question he is bleeding from a head wound, the Thief and Swashbuckler attempt to render first aid with medicine. Makes the situation worst and the man failed a death saving throw another attempt proves to be better and he slowly regains consciousness but is totally incoherent. The man utters words which a passed insight check by the Swashbuckler says there's something about his boots - man these are some fancy looking boots. There's even hidden gold inside of the heel of the boots! This would cover little over half of the man's debt plus with the repo'd goods, pleased with their find the Swashbuckler suggests the man to go home. Which he does still tied up by the rope only to fall and hit his head on the floor reopening his head wound and making it worst. Flipping out the Thief tries to hold up the man's head while the Swashbuckler prepares bandages.
The Thief having a -1 in medicine and rolling a Nat 1 accidentally snaps the man's neck instantly killing him. Both the Thief the Swashbuckler gasps in the horror of their very - VERY poor doctoring ability. An awkward moment later the Swashbuckler shrugs "I guess we chop off his head and hands?" Which they proceed to do and stash the body parts in the bag of holding, leaving the body in the shed where it laid. A fast run around the village later they make it back to the Tavern and tell everybody about the failed attempt of being doctors. The Samurai is mortified and the Bard freaked out over the fact that he instrumented a murder, Cleric proceeds to pray and drink and the Paladin is laughing both at the mistake of the Thief and Swashbuckler and of how he really shouldn't be laughing at all as this sort of thing his god frown upon. The Half-Elf and Birdman just stand there awkwardly.
The Thief sheepishly hands the Bard the bag of holding and points to the inside contents, the Bard grabs the bag and shows Danny the ill-gotten goods. Danny pleased says he'll tell them everything he knows about this kidnapping client if they pay him a fee of 100 gold. He's running a business, after all, he leans in towards the Bard and Birdman and says "Alright, so this is what I know about the guy..." - to be continued.
Five Days and 4 hours remain until the Brint Empire is forced to attack.
submitted by SriFenbyEx
to dndstories [link] [comments]